Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I've a few "don't likes" this afternoon

The first dislike concerns a supplier, who said they hadn't received our payment, for an invoice from April  Which was odd to say the least as I performed a BACS transaction for it, almost a month ago and had it confirmed from the Faster Payments service; that it had been received.  I then wondered if I'd perhaps mistyped the account number or the sort code and sent it to random recipient:sad:  After checking with our bankers, and confirming it had been sent to the supplier's account: I asked the supplier to check again, there must be a mistake their end.

There was!:smile:  A lack of communication within their accounts department: the payments received person hadn't updated the client database: so the overdue accounts person assumed it hadn't been paid.

The 2nd and 3rd don't likes occurred at the vets

Pipper went to the vet this afternoon, it was supposed to be when her vet could certify she was no longer lactating, her phantom pregnancy had ended and she could go back to the rescue centre, for their vet to carry out her spay.

This was not to be:sad:  Although she isn't as full of milk as she was on her last examination: she has not dried up yet:ohmy::sad:  Her vet could still express quite a bit from most of her teats! :ohmy: Most dogs stop after one course of Galastop: 10% don't!  Pipper it seems, is one of the 10%. :sad: Pipper has now been prescribed a further week of Galastop, which her vet said should stop it entirely.  She's got return a week after the last dose, to see if she has finally stopped lactating and a week after that for certifcation!

Unfortunately, whilst still being an intact dog, she is getting very close to when she's likely to go into season again.  Her vet said she won't go into season whilst she still has her phantom pregnancy; but could easily go within a week of it stopping:sad:  Which narrows the window considerably when she could have surgery:sad:  Given that the rescue centre's vet only carries out surgery for them on a Tuesday or Thursday, it narrows that window even further:ohmy:

It was as I was about to pay the vet that 3rd don't like came into play.  Upon opening my card holder, I saw that I'd had picked up the wrong debit card! :ohmy::sad: It's roughly same colour, a different bank and the wrong account  I only take the card I'm going to use, so as to prevent a monumental crisis should I ever mislay my card holder, whilst I'm out and about. Just one bank's security centre to contact to report a lost card: not a plethora:smile:  Now, if it had been another one of my personal/domestic use one's it wouldn't really have mattered: but I'd picked up our business debit card.  :wallbash:

Whilst it can be done, it's a bit of an accounts nightmare to use the business card for personal reasons. What is essentially the business loaning an amount to a director, creates a ridiculous amount of paperwork. Particularly if the amount is quite small, and the payee has nothing whatsoever to do with nature of the business. It's the sort of transaction, even though legal, the tax inspector inevitably finds and queries  :huh::ohmy:

I explained what I'd done to receptionist, and asked if she would mind holding on to my card holder, it's contents, Pipper and her prescription for security, whilst I went back to get the correct the debit card.  Normally a 20 minute drive but it was now the start of the great evening commute, so there would be gridlock and it would take longer:sad:  She said, Pipper's one of our regulars as was Brandy before her, no need for security, we know you and was quite happy for me to go forth unsecured. 

It took 46 minutes not 20 minute to get back and the really intense commuting period hadn't really got going yet:sad:  it was slightly faster (32 minutes) returning to the vet with right debit card, as everyone seems to work south but live north and west.  

I finally collected Pipper's prescription and paid with right debit card 1¾ hours after her actual appointment!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philf1 said:

My wife suffered migraines for years then a couple of years ago she had a daith piercing in her ear and has never had one since

IMG_2246.PNG

I promise you it's worth looking at I know several people who've had one and every single person says it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

Thanks Phil:smile:

I'll look into that

• Like 1

Last weekend i removed two standard white aluminium radiators from the house; one from the kitchen and one from the bathroom upstairs which was a bit rusty, I took them out the back garden and hosed them out then left them to drip dry.

I've ordered replacements and im replacing them on the 1st week of August when I get a week off work, 

Yesterday I put them in the boot of the car and went to the local recycle centre with my wife; with the intention of disposing them in the scrap metal skip which I had done previously with the living room radiator And the recycle centre is free.

So we get there and see a Que of vehicles outside which is unusual because you drive through the gate to a large concrete yard; but at the gate there was 3 cars in front of us and I noticed a new automatic lifting arm on the gate area with a female driver struggling to get it open for entry, there's no signs up or anything, and the usual long term unemployed individual with the bull dog attitude is on patrol within the compound in his full high visibility oil skins. I say long term unemployed because the only way you get that council job is if you avoid getting a job for three years they put you in to a job like that. 

So I asked the wife to pull up outside the railing and I'll walk in with the radiators to throw them in the skip.

I open the boot lift out a radiator and as I'm walking in; the guy shouts at me "hey two euro, bring in the car"

i said "you what" 

He says "you have to pay 2 euro at the gate for entry" 

I said "even for pedestrian access it's 2 euro?" 

He says "yep 2 euro no pedestrian access" 

I said "Goodluck with that enterprise" 

I then drove 15 minutes out to a local scrap yard where they paid me 1.15 euro that's one euro and fifteen cent to take the radiators from me, 

I asked the guy for a receipt for the 1.15 and he laughed at me, I then explained about the council's recycle centre want to charge me €2 and I was going to go back to show that what I was giving them was worth money 😀

He couldn't give a recipet but I went home then the wife drove 20 minutes to the next town which also has a recycling centre which is also operated by the council but in a different county and there still completely free. 

I pay on average €400 per week on tax and I pay for my own refuse charges to a private wheelie bin company, I refuse to pay €2 to bring some scrap metal or even some cardboard to the local recycle centre. 

• Like 1

I'd phone the council and ask if it's no normal practice to charge an entry fee to a council tip yard. Maybe those 'workers' were pulling a fast one.

• Like 2

I hate the hot weather [emoji24] worst thing is I seem to be the only one! I've got Seasonal Affective Disorder in reverse

• Like 1

5 hours ago, martin2345uk said:

I hate the hot weather emoji24.png worst thing is I seem to be the only one! I've got Seasonal Affective Disorder in reverse

Me too!!  Just had to have a cold shower as I was drenched in sweat and still feel too hot now.

After spending all day in a black uniform, body armour and patrol vest I got home totally drained and soaked in sweat.
There is currently a trail of uniform from the front door to the bathroom door where a long cool shower was enjoyed.
Willow and Jed are currently having a soak in a paddling pool in the back yard looking very happy and relaxed doggies indeed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Me too!!  Just had to have a cold shower as I was drenched in sweat and still feel too hot now.

Wheyyy summer miseries united [emoji1363]

On 2/27/2015 at 9:00 AM, Saulamandetra said:

Cyclists riding two abreast on the country lanes

At night when there's old people on the road and they break at everything (even though they're only going 2mph)

Idiots that keep their high beams on at you even though you've turned yours off

Saul

Cyclists riding two abreast anywhere! Can't stand this...

• Like 1

Having put the washing machine on earlier with 3 weeks worth of socks and boxers and 2 towels. I don't like the sound that came from downstairs quarter of the way into the spin cycle!:sad:  It sounded like my laundry had been suddenly joined by a couple of loose brake calipers, several pistons, a camshaft and a pair of house bricks!:ohmy:   The drum bearings have actually collapsed mid-wash, and it was spinning in a random elliptical orbit rather than centrally on the shaft!:ohmy::sad:

There are tiny glittering bits of bearing race and Shell scattered amongst the washing!:sad:

Now, whilst I knew the bearings were getting towards the end of their working life, they were last changed in 2009.  They usually need replacing every 6-7 years.  Just recently, I could feel a certain lumpy roughness as I manually rotated the drum, whilst searching for that elusive sock that always places itself tightly tightly against the drum wall.  Washing machine bearing replacement was on July's "Things To do" list, it has now been bumped up to ASAP

I'm now washing machine less until the new bearing kit is delivered:sad:

In theory, I might receive the new bearing kit and tub seals tomorrow but I've also ordered a new spider.  It makes sense to replace the spider at the same time, added to which it doesn't matter if the shaft gets damaged when removing the bearings..  The supplier is likely to put everything in the spider box and send it by DHL rather post the small items by RM and the spider by courier

• Like 1

I don't like all the people who were using Bere Road (between the A354 and A31) as a north south rat run and then wanted to turn right at the bottom, on to the westbound gridlocked A31. Most of whom weren't further right enough at the rather narrow junction, for those of us wanting to go east, to get passed.:sad:  Those of us who wanted to go left on to the free flowing eastbound A31, took getting on for 1 hour to drive 100 metres:sad:

I don't like not leaving all the windows open and perhaps leaving the doors open too would've been a good idea, on the Mk1 this afternoon.  Parking in an unshaded spot contributed didn't help either.:sad: 

Not only was oppressively hot :eek: inside when I opened it up to come home:sweat: (I could probably fried eggs on the dash and a sausage on the centre console:laugh:).  The black steering was actually too hot grip, for any longer than a few seconds.

My reasoning behind taking the non-air conditioning Mk1 over the air conditioned Mk2 on such a hot afternoon, was down to the handling around the windy mid Dorset lanes.

Stupid dodgey car ramps had no problem getting up when coming back down disaster support failed niceley squashed and scraped my bumper lovely on the up side oil change oil filter fuel filter changed and nice new k&n filter fitted would of been a nice chilled day with the car but as usual the unexpected happens 

20170617_142716.jpg

46 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like not leaving all the windows open and perhaps leaving the doors open too would've been a good idea, on the Mk1 this afternoon.  Parking in an unshaded spot contributed didn't help either.:sad: 

Not only was oppressively hot :eek: inside when I opened it up to come home:sweat: (I could probably fried eggs on the dash and a sausage on the centre console:laugh:).  The black steering was actually too hot grip, for any longer than a few seconds.

My reasoning behind taking the non-air conditioning Mk1 over the air conditioned Mk2 on such a hot afternoon, was down to the handling around the windy mid Dorset lanes.

The Mk1 handles better than Mk2 in the wind?

How come? :O

It's weather like this I regret having a black car, the exact moment the A/C turns off in the car, it turns into an oven. Stupid insurance company didn't allow me to tint windows either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Incontro said:

The Mk1 handles better than Mk2 in the wind?

Windy as in tight curved narrow roads not as in stiff breeze:laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMX said:

Your MK1 doesn't have A/C!?  What trim level is it?  Even our LX had that.

It's still way too hot and sticky to be comfortable.:sweat::sad:

Just now, jmurray01 said:

Your MK1 doesn't have A/C!?  What trim level is it?  Even our LX had that.

Zetec

34 minutes ago, GMX said:

It's still way too hot and sticky to be comfortable.:sweat::sad:

Zetec

MK2 Zetec doesn't have A/C either 😕

Well...best laid plans and all that...

Today I was going to tackle some more of the garden (removing what must be the best part of 2 tonne of gravel and replacing with paving slabs...that's another story...)

Buuutttt...went with my other half to Barton with a friend of ours - friend wants a tattoo and Clare knows an amazing couple that have their own studio.  Quite nice to put a face to the name.

We then called in to see another mutual friend (we all know each other through cadets lol).  Drink, chat etc then Clare's daughter turned up...soo we left her there (to be fair, it is her best mate's mum lol)

Went to get in with some tidying up in the garden - too hot for manual labour - when Clare said something that reminded me - I needed to pick up my prescription...in Grimsby...

Off we go, pick up meds, call in to see Dad (well, Charlie the Cockatiel).  Then Clare asks if we can "just pop into Pets & Home - just to get an idea of what we want!"  

£80, 3 shops, 2 hours later we go to pick up child and ended up staying for a BBQ.

Now, the majority of this can go in the Like Thread...except for the whole 2t of gravel, 140 slabs and the house to sort ready for Freya coming on Wednesday!!  Clare is out all day tomorrow, so is Lauren...soo...yeah...great fun (already shifted best part of a tonne of gravel and laid artificial grass)

• Like 2

I don't like, whilst restocking my cream, salad leaves and a few forgotten items from yesterday's Tesco shop, just as they announced "would all our customers finalise their purchases and make their way to the tills: we are closing in 10 minutes!" : my scan as you shop scanner broke down and died:ohmy::sad:

By the time, the customer service person attended my dead scanner and replaced it, they were closing in 3 minutes!:ohmy: and I hadn't yet got neither my meat nor my salad leaves.:sad:  Sprinting from the pork aisle to the salad leaves, which just after the tomatoes, I trod on a fallen cherry tomato:ohmy:

The combination of smooth soled shoes, cherry tomato juice and the momentum of running; ensured that I went into a perfect skid, sliding to and away from the leaves; beyond the courgettes and ending up by the aubergines and peppers!:laugh:.  Necessitating an even faster sprint back to the leaves (avoiding the tomato trail), just as "would all our customers finalise their purchases and make their way to the tills: we are closing in 1 minute!" came across the PA

"We are now closed but we will re-open at 1 minute past midnight" was broadcast, literally seconds after I'd paid. Yet it wasn't just me, there still around 50 or so people still in the aisles. The security guard had already locked the doors and I had to be let out. 

I don't like getting an unwanted letter yesterday, informing me that I was caught doing 80MPH on the motorway from Dundee to Aberdeen!! :angry:

There goes my clean licence...

20 hours ago, GMX said:

Zetec

That's strange, we must have just been lucky then that the original owners of the previous Foci ordered A/C as an option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like getting an unwanted letter yesterday, informing me that I was caught doing 80MPH on the motorway from Dundee to Aberdeen!! :angry:

There goes my clean licence...

Oops! 

On 6/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, GMX said:

Windy as in tight curved narrow roads not as in stiff breeze:laugh:

Haha oops! :laugh:

That I can believe! 

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Oops! 

Oops indeed.  I saw the camera and knew I was going over 70 but it was too late to do anything.  Typical.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club