Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

The heart attack Sync gives you when the radio is off yet it comes on blaring for the TA (traffic announcements) Dont do that dammit

• Like 1

Molly has taken to sleeping on the roof of the panther black Mk2 without wiping her paws before she jumps up there. This evening, grit on her claws made a 3-line scratch wavy when she rolled over in her sleep, and fell off and slid down the tailgate paws outstretched.  :sad: I can see primer:sad:

It would've been less noticeable on the tonic blue Mk1:mellow:

• Like 1

Nearly got ran off the road earlier.  Popped a tyre on a kerb.

Tyre has been on less than 2 weeks, less than 200 miles on it!

I don't like my drive was blocked all day by both a 2 metre wide hole and a variety of back hoes, dumper trucks and water engineers peering into the hole  They gave the impression this morning they'd only be obstructing it for an hour or two; it was late afternoon before I could drive out again:sad:.  They dug the original hole last week, a 1 metre cube affair but decided they needed a longer one.

I also don't like that Pipper doesn't like being restrained from bouncing about and being a lively spaniel, whilst she heals.:sad:  She looks quite disappointed with her "just round the block on a short lead" vet prescribed walks and being carried up and down the stairs

On 16/07/2017 at 6:03 PM, SeanW said:

Nearly got ran off the road earlier.  Popped a tyre on a kerb.

Tyre has been on less than 2 weeks, less than 200 miles on it!

dashcam or did you get the reg? If so, i'd chase through insurance.

• Like 1

I don't like the variance between various suppliers so-called Heavy Duty bin liners:sad:  Why can't they all list the thickness of liner in microns, or something that enables liner comparison!

Half of them don't list the size either!:sad: 

Guy threatened my ex girlfriends boss in a road rage incident so he had the guy traced and had him offed and taken with his car and crushed in a local scrappie that Arfur Smith and all the bad guys used to get rid of problems in the old days!

People have no idea who they are going to shout at in a road rage incident you could just be unlucky and end up with the 1% of real psychos behind the wheel!

Glasgow - No mean city for sure!

Just no need in it mate, it's getting worse 

On 18/07/2017 at 1:54 AM, Micro said:

Dashcam or did you get the reg? If so, i'd chase through insurance.

Unfortunately not - woman in a Corsa decides that she wanted the entire road and lurched into the middle of the road - just as I was coming out of a gap.  It was either swerve and mount the curb or collide.

My front dashcam doesn't work and the rear missed the plate.

All I know is it was a woman in a dark coloured Corsa - maybe green.  May have been 06 plate? All too vague to pursue.  Tempted to trade the Mondeo in for something a bit more...intimidating...a tank perhaps...might just go look on eBay for a tank now!

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

Unfortunately not - woman in a Corsa decides that she wanted the entire road and lurched into the middle of the road - just as I was coming out of a gap.  It was either swerve and mount the curb or collide.

My front dashcam doesn't work and the rear missed the plate.

All I know is it was a woman in a dark coloured Corsa - maybe green.  May have been 06 plate? All too vague to pursue.  Tempted to trade the Mondeo in for something a bit more...intimidating...a tank perhaps...might just go look on ebay for a tank now!

My first accident wasn't caught on dash cam as it wasn't functioning at the time - it's partially what has led me to look for the "ultimate" dash cam - small cameras, fixed (separate DVR/box), potentially writing to either a bank of sd cards or HDD/SSD that can be fitted and forgotten.

Tank - try a Volvo? :P

I don't like getting a bollocking off the wife as the last couple of loads of washing have a smell of Autosol & other car related polishes! 

Must remember to wash my microfiber cloths separately! lol. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Micro said:

My first accident wasn't caught on dash cam as it wasn't functioning at the time - it's partially what has led me to look for the "ultimate" dash cam - small cameras, fixed (separate DVR/box), potentially writing to either a bank of sd cards or HDD/SSD that can be fitted and forgotten.

Tank - try a Volvo? :P

It's an earthing issue - I just haven't had a chance to sort it it!

My OH has a V40 - but it's not on the road lol

I have spotted an old Defender that's been sat for a few years...might be worth knocking on a door and making a cheeky offer hehe

52 minutes ago, kossofffan said:

I don't like getting a bollocking off the wife as the last couple of loads of washing have a smell of Autosol & other car related polishes! 

What's she moaning about? They smell better than half the laundry products out there lol

• Like 2

You should wash them separately anyway because you need to clean all the fabric conditioner out of the tray before washing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk
  • Like 1

i just dont tell her ive washed them.

I cannot activate autolock for when the car goes above 12mph. I've been trying but no luck ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spent 8 hrs at work doing nothing! bored all day. 

• Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 9:03 PM, Jonro2009 said:

I cannot activate autolock for when the car goes above 12mph. I've been trying but no luck ☹️

I am in a habit of locking my doors at the same time I put my seat belt on.  Autolocking over 12MPH seems stupid to me as it is under 12MPH that you are most at risk of somebody trying to get in when moving slowly or stopped. 

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I am in a habit of locking my doors at the same time I put my seat belt on.  Autolocking over 12MPH seems stupid to me as it is under 12MPH that you are most at risk of somebody trying to get in when moving slowly or stopped. 

Aye but once it's locked it's locked, at least on my Focus. So after the first time over 12mph it's locked.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Micro said:

Aye but once it's locked it's locked, at least on my Focus. So after the first time over 12mph it's locked.

What's the point of that though?  Why not just lock as soon as you put it in gear or take the handbrake off?

What's the point of that though?  Why not just lock as soon as you put it in gear or take the handbrake off?

It's just one thing that you don't need to think about. The day you forget is the day you are likely to have needed it. I know we don't live in South Africa and theft and Jac kings are few and far between, especially up here but it's peace of mind. It doesn't function like a black cab would, clicking on and off all the time, once you are above 12mph it locks and doesn't unlock again until you physically unlock it. I did a few more tweaks today in a couple of different modules, they should go on the 'things I do like' thread. I did manage to get the autolock enabled and activated today though.

18 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It's just one thing that you don't need to think about. The day you forget is the day you are likely to have needed it. I know we don't live in South Africa and theft and Jac kings are few and far between, especially up here but it's peace of mind. It doesn't function like a black cab would, clicking on and off all the time, once you are above 12mph it locks and doesn't unlock again until you physically unlock it. I did a few more tweaks today in a couple of different modules, they should go on the 'things I do like' thread. I did manage to get the autolock enabled and activated today though.

I totally understand the point of it and as I said I lock my doors too as it is better to be safe than sorry, but why wait until you hit 12MPH for it to lock, as you could pull away from your house then stop at a junction (never having exceeded 12MPH) and the doors would still be unlocked. 

GM used a system in America and Canada whereby the doors would lock immediately when you put the car in gear and only unlock when you put it back in park (for automatics of course).  That sounds more logical to me.

18 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It doesn't function like a black cab would, clicking on and off all the time...

Can someone explain to this cheuchter the thinking behind the taxis doors locking/unlocking? Do they lock as soon as the cab moves and unlocks when it stops? If so, to me that sounds wrong. Surely the time to jump out of a cab to avoid the fare is when it's stopped :mellow:

Or is there another reason I'm not thinking of? 

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Can someone explain to this cheuchter the thinking behind the taxis doors locking/unlocking? Do they lock as soon as the cab moves and unlocks when it stops? If so, to me that sounds wrong. Surely the time to jump out of a cab to avoid the fare is when it's stopped :mellow:

Or is there another reason I'm not thinking of? 

Probably to avoid somebody jumping out and injuring themselves then suing the taxi company, same as people who burn themselves with a take-away coffee then sue because it was "too hot"... :huh:

• Like 1

Yes Taxis are locked when moving.

You can set whatever speed you require in the Elmconfig program - I can't recall what mine is set to but it's fairly low and I exceed that speed leaving my home car park or work car park before I get to the gate. Everyone will have their personal preferences. I would not have a car now that doesn't lock itself... says a lot about the area in which I work!

31 minutes ago, Micro said:

Yes Taxis are locked when moving.

You can set whatever speed you require in the Elmconfig program - I can't recall what mine is set to but it's fairly low and I exceed that speed leaving my home car park or work car park before I get to the gate. Everyone will have their personal preferences. I would not have a car now that doesn't lock itself... says a lot about the area in which I work!

Tell me about it!  It is still quite rare for anything untoward to happen up here, but it is getting worse by the day.  Hence why I lock the doors when putting my seat belt on, as I consider both to be equally important safety devices.