Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Yes Taxis are locked when moving.
You can set whatever speed you require in the Elmconfig program - I can't recall what mine is set to but it's fairly low and I exceed that speed leaving my home car park or work car park before I get to the gate. Everyone will have their personal preferences. I would not have a car now that doesn't lock itself... says a lot about the area in which I work!

Do you drive a private hire or LTI 'black' cab? The LTI would behave differently than a private hire wouldn't it? A private hire cab would lock once and stay locked until the journey ended, an LTI locks and unlocks all the ***** time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally understand the point of it and as I said I lock my doors too as it is better to be safe than sorry, but why wait until you hit 12MPH for it to lock, as you could pull away from your house then stop at a junction (never having exceeded 12MPH) and the doors would still be unlocked. 
GM used a system in America and Canada whereby the doors would lock immediately when you put the car in gear and only unlock when you put it back in park (for automatics of course).  That sounds more logical to me.

I don't think I would remember tbh. It's not something I need everywhere but you know yourself there are areas and situations where you feel less safe/uneasy and that's when I would manually lock my doors. This little feature just does it like you do, every time you drive off. You're right about not potentially exceeding 12mph for quite a distance sometimes though. On the flip side of the coin, when I had it on my last car I would sometimes curse it lol. When picking up a friend or the wife after it had activated, they would grab the handle and pull then start moaning the car was locked. I can't win with myself sometimes haha

Probably to avoid somebody jumping out and injuring themselves then suing the taxi company, same as people who burn themselves with a take-away coffee then sue because it was "too hot"... huh.png

This is spot on @Turvey the locks are on motion sensors. They lock when a certain speed is exceeded and unlock when a very low preset speed is reached. Drunks have been known to fall out, who knew lol. I get what you meant about it being back to front but if I was a cabbie and I had someone who was fare dodging then the last thing I would want would be to end up locked in with them as they tried to get out. Go back 20 years and the worst that would happen (I'm not making light of it) is that the driver might have got a crack over the back of the head with a fist, fast forward to today and at the least you might get knifed.

Back on topic, I don't like my wife being on nights. Not because I miss her but because our 1yr old does. She doesn't want mummy to go to bed when she is getting up ☹️

35 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Do you drive a private hire or LTI 'black' cab? The LTI would behave differently than a private hire wouldn't it? A private hire cab would lock once and stay locked until the journey ended, an LTI locks and unlocks all the ***** time

Black cab type and locking and unlocking all the ***** time. Similar trip in a Passat though, the doors locked (even though you could unlock), when moving, and unlocked when stopped...

• Like 1

Black cab type and locking and unlocking all the ***** time. Similar trip in a Passat though, the doors locked (even though you could unlock), when moving, and unlocked when stopped...

Did they? I didn't think a 'normal' taxi was able to be programmed that way. The clicking must drive you insane

Kia's auto lock when moving and only unlock manually.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

dont like this happening at 8pm tonight on my daughters ka!

IMG_20170726_205636363.jpg

Blimey. I wouldn't either. What a mess.

3 out of 4 came out , the last one just snapped off in the socket. luckily i had some extractors and an old socket at home. gas torch and extractor time.

been years since ive had to do this on the ka and fiesta endura engine.
  • Like 1

Things i dont like......

Environmentalists

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, zetec Adam said:

Things i dont like......

Environmentalists

LOL :smile:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, zetec Adam said:

Things i dont like......

Environmentalists

No new petrol or diesel cars to be sold in uk by 2040 talking about plugging your cars into lampposts and everyone should drive ecl cars has the world gone mad! Or (government) if they Evan do this impossible stupid idea I wonder how many faulty charging ports electicute people or how many cars will brake down and how many people will get stuck on route it's the worst idea I have ever my gooooooood just stick to the eco light bulbs and be done with it no one wants your electric country not now and not in 2040 I will continue to rev my diesel out before changing gear thanks but no thanks no smoke no poke hahahaha 

Edited by zetec Adam
  • Like 3

wheres the electric coming from? every winter theres always a concern we are only just producing enough now. without lots of electric cars.

• Like 3

Exactly were is it coming from? Can you imagine the job they will have on their hands to actually make driving efficient looks like they have no idea either they just jumped on the band wagon to look good unlike REAL members of the public who don't want It 

They also trying to say on the news that people are onboard with the idea because the baught half petrol half elc cars thats a completely difrent thing and reason nothing to do with the environment 

The best bit was when they asked a bloke on his thoughts on it problem was he didn't own and car and road a bycical everywhere hmmmm funny that. 

• Like 1

i know its a long way off but theres a shortage of technicians now for petrol and diesel car maintenance without electric vehicles in the mix. hardly any techs are qualified for working on electric vehicles and none i know want too.

Yeah true most likely some bloke with sense will turn up in his diesel van to save them :laugh:

On the upside the cable thieves will clean up 

2040 car meets nice battery bro :blink: turbo charged to battery charged I see the appeal 

Edited by zetec Adam

no tree huggers on this forum . lol

• Like 1

Lithium batteries explode when overheated.
Just ask Richard Hammond. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

People dying suddenly isn't on my list of things I like...especially when you were on holiday with them less than a month ago!

Also feel guilty for not finding out for a while, my dad was away and I couldn't get hold of her (she's my godmother and very good friend of my dads) 

Weather is also dissapointing lol, don't you love the UK? :laugh:

All the little scumbags will be going round smashing the electric ports up so be no charging plots be a nightmare 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club