Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

21 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like that the nights have started to rapidly draw in:sad:  The sun actually set when I was only halfway across the lawn! :ohmy: Last week's mow was at the same time but the sun stayed up until I'd finished. 

Wishing I had to mow the lawn, even if it was dark. The weather has been so poor up here during August and September that I haven't mowed my lawn since the end of July - it's a little long, but not so much that it needs mowing. It just hasn't grown that much this year and the sun set in June and hasn't been seen since :sad:

I don't like getting robbed at Woodies DIY store yesterday,

It's an Irish Version of B&Q although we also have some B&Q stores here depends on our location, either one could be your local for DIY items.

Anyways they have an offer on Dulux paint where you get a Free kit when you purchase 5Litres of EasyCare paint.

So I picked up 5Litres of Dulux EasyCare paint and the Free kit along with some other items such as rollers etc. for our daughter's bedroom and proceeded to the checkout.

20170930_152446.thumb.jpg.a9f0fda5de77a5bd27df1fddbb0577ba.jpg

I had estimated in my head that the overall cost of everything i had should be around €100 and I had a Discount voucher for 5% off from a previous visit to the store.

I was slightly confused when the total came to €133 😦 that's alot more than I had calculated from looking at the shelving prices.

2017-10-01_08_23_16.thumb.jpg.963257b28260ab136b94806445d023ba.jpg

I examined the receipt when I got back to the car and discovered they had charged me €30 for the Free Dulux kit 😯

It even says on the box of tins that it's not to be sold it's free 👇20170930_152500.thumb.jpg.d59b765290275bb06fa1473e09eb2809.jpg 

How did they then manifest a value of €30 for the Free item, and how many people have they scammed in to unknowingly paying for the Free kit,

I went back in to the customer service desk where I had to explain the offer they had in store to the checkout staff and again to the manager where they finally refunded my €30 

Absolute joke and scam, I've tweeted the story to Dulux aswell because Woodie's are enterprising on a free offer, I understand scanning the item for the purpose of keeping track of stock levels, but it should be recorded on there system as Zero value not €30 where did that Retail Value appear from? 

Scam.

It's amazing what these big companies do, and get away with. Very dishonest and I wonder how long it took them to correct their 'mistake'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Sounds like the owner is a relative of....Richard Turpentine...cant use the abbreveation for Richard..somebody's deemed it a no go..hence the Edit...

This is something i dont like and totally ruins my origina....rant over..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It's amazing what these big companies do, and get away with. Very dishonest and I wonder how long it took them to correct their 'mistake'

At first they were not understanding and not really listening then the manager came over and was already aware as he says "yeah the tills charge 30 for it but it's free, just refund them 30" 

So it seems if we don't notice then they make 30 profit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

At first they were not understanding and not really listening then the manager came over and was already aware as he says "yeah the tills charge 30 for it but it's free, just refund them 30" 

Worth reporting them to the local trading standards dept. who should follow up on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Worth reporting them to the local trading standards dept. who should follow up on it.

I'll look in to that mate, 

Not sure if there is somthing like that over here, things are not acted on as much as the should be over here; even the law is slack and doesn't breathelise at the scene of an accident. Quote "we only breathelise if there's been injury or fatalities" 😦

Sorry new to this don't mean to be a pain , lenny could you take a look at my last post, need some help 

That really boils my ****! A mistake is one thing but to intentionally rob customers is another. If you don't have a governing body then I guess all you can do is tell Dulux directly. Depending how busy your day is you could hang about the tills or the paint aisle and tell everyone passing about the situation, they can't forcibly remove you and I can't see them wanting the police involved either. You never know some like minded person might take over from you and do their public service too.

• Like 1

I don't like turning on my laptop today to find that the desktop background is different to before, but having absolutely no recollection of changing it last night...

It's not even like it is just a random photo, but it is a specific one that I would have had to search for.

I don't like forgetting to "Un" disable my OBD port before taking it in for a service and an issue to be looked at. They weren't too happy but got access in the end (they had my mobile number so could have called though).

I normally remember to do it for them but it just completely slipped my mind this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like turning on my laptop today to find that the desktop background is different to before, but having absolutely no recollection of changing it last night...

It's not even like it is just a random photo, but it is a specific one that I would have had to search for.

Not sure if that's a sign of a good night or a bad one! :wacko: :biggrin:

11 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I don't like forgetting to "Un" disable my OBD port before taking it in for a service and an issue to be looked at. They weren't too happy but got access in the end (they had my mobile number so could have called though).

I normally remember to do it for them but it just completely slipped my mind this time.

thats not as bad as customers who hide there locking nut tool and forget to tell the garage where it is. or take it out to keep safe in there house. 

29 minutes ago, iantt said:

thats not as bad as customers who hide there locking nut tool and forget to tell the garage where it is. or take it out to keep safe in there house. 

Stupid thing is I actually got the locking nut key and service book out for them and left it on the front seat but left the OBD port. Lol.

Normally I do it and say ignore the window stickers ive put it back for you. This time nothing.

They were quite good though. They even put it back how I had it. Wasn't expecting that.

Just before going to bed was browsing the internet on my phone... suddenly frozen. Force rebooted and it now just shows the Google logo, gets so far then freezes and reboots.

Not only that, but they don't have my colour phone as a refurb version :unsure:

5 hours ago, Micro said:

Just before going to bed was browsing the internet on my phone... suddenly frozen. Force rebooted and it now just shows the Google logo, gets so far then freezes and reboots.

Not only that, but they don't have my colour phone as a refurb version :unsure:

What phone?

I don't like finding that my latest brazil nut related tooth injury has caused the previous hairline crack in the tooth ( from another brazil nut last year) to develop all the way down the tooth and lead to the fracturing of the root 3 ways:sad: 

I've just returned from the dentist.  She said when I went in a fortnight ago with it, she'd temporarily cap it then and would would redo the filling today.  However, when she was removing all of the old filling, she could feel lateral movement in the tooth, suggesting the previous hairline crack had opened up and had fractured the tooth.  An then x-ray confirmed it.  She then said there was nothing she could do, in terms of rebuilding the tooth; as once the root has fractured: that's it! :ohmy: 

It would have to removed entirely, and then in 6 months, I could have an implant once the gum has healed.  Apparently, with molars, a bridge won't work, as there's too much stress when grinding food with it.  They used to fit them, but they would generally fail within a year or two.  So, it's now an implant later: or just put up with the gap:huh::unsure: 

Implants cost somewhere between £2K and £7K:ohmy::ohmy:  Previous nut related injuries have only cost £350-£500 to repair

Due to the way it had fractured it took her a while to remove 2 out the 3 pieces, there was not a lot for her tool to grab!  It was supposed to be a 30 minute appointment by the time she'd got all 3 pieces out, I'd been in the chair 70 minutes! 

Now I'm waiting for the anaesthetic to wear off and regain the use of my face. :laugh:

I think I would have stopped eating Brazil nuts by now @GMX surely they can't be that good? I wouldn't know as I have a bad nut allergy, I do know that having to pay upwards of £350 would put the, in my list of foods to avoid like the plague. And for £2k or more I would learn to live with a gap! I was upset when I had to pay £200 to get a wisdom tooth extracted lol

I don't finding another "mystery" crease in the Mk1 Focus nearside wing and some long scratches across the whole nearside, after my Mum had been using it, this morning. :sad: She did say she thought she might have hit something, but doesn't think it was another car, although her description was a tad vague. :unsure: There was apparently a thud and a scraping sound but she said there wasn't anyone else around post-thud; the road was devoid of traffic:unsure:

20 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I think I would have stopped eating Brazil nuts by now @GMX surely they can't be that good? I wouldn't know as I have a bad nut allergy, I do know that having to pay upwards of £350 would put the, in my list of foods to avoid like the plague. And for £2k or more I would learn to live with a gap! I was upset when I had to pay £200 to get a wisdom tooth extracted lol

It's not much that I'm overly fond of Brazil nuts but their nutritional profile is perfect for my ketogenic diet.  They are only 2% carb.  I also eat a fair quantity of pecans but they are relatively soft and don't crack teeth like their Brazilian counterparts.  Macadamia nuts are also very low, but I've never got with Macadamia nuts, to me they taste of petrol soaked wood, or how I imagine petrol soaked wood tastes. :sick:

Compared to other diets, ketogenic is the most expensive once you take dental repairs into account:ohmy: 

On 10/5/2017 at 7:56 AM, alexp999 said:

What phone?

Nexus 5X

It will get so far, then freeze, and now it will lock up with a black screen (requiring a wait for the battery to drain before you can try again).

It will get to the "Google" logo on a normal boot, then go off and either reboot, or freeze (as the first point).

Attempting bootloader mode will work and bring up the bootloader - however I cannot attempt to flash the fix file from xda-developers as i've not unlocked the bootloader :(

Attempting recovery mode sometimes works, sometimes doesnt (ends up as point 1). I have successfully flashed the system firmware again after putting the phone in the freezer for 15 mins, got to the encryption password screen, then it froze up solid again. A bit wary of doing this in case I set off the moisture stickers inside the phone.

Seems quite a permanent failure of either the bonded flip-chip design of the SOC, or a physical failure of the SOC. Am still waiting Google's response to my request for either a different model phone (in my current phones colour), or a partial refund as they cannot replace with my colour...

8 hours ago, Micro said:

Nexus 5X

It will get so far, then freeze, and now it will lock up with a black screen (requiring a wait for the battery to drain before you can try again).

It will get to the "Google" logo on a normal boot, then go off and either reboot, or freeze (as the first point).

Attempting bootloader mode will work and bring up the bootloader - however I cannot attempt to flash the fix file from xda-developers as i've not unlocked the bootloader :(

Attempting recovery mode sometimes works, sometimes doesnt (ends up as point 1). I have successfully flashed the system firmware again after putting the phone in the freezer for 15 mins, got to the encryption password screen, then it froze up solid again. A bit wary of doing this in case I set off the moisture stickers inside the phone.

Seems quite a permanent failure of either the bonded flip-chip design of the SOC, or a physical failure of the SOC. Am still waiting Google's response to my request for either a different model phone (in my current phones colour), or a partial refund as they cannot replace with my colour...

Ah yeah they are prone to bootloop being LG. :(

I don't like......Genuine reverse camera when they pack in,only 2 months of trying to fit a cheap one,all live/earth sorted and Fakra to Phono type converter.

Dam rolling picture so one thing left............Bin...........Project through the window as im not paying £150+ for a Ford camera to last 18 months again.

HELP..........HELP.       

Upon returning from the local Ford parts desk, I don't like finding vegetable matter from the compost receiving/collecting  bucket strewn all over the drive, with a trail of de-skinned tea bags and scattered piles of tea leading up the to lower lawn,  with spat out egg shells pieces in a wide arc around a sleeping Pipper.:ohmy:

Chopped up banana and avocado skins stick like the proverbial when they've been trodden flesh side down on the pavers!:sad:

Pipper decided in my absence to get the egg shells out of the bucket, take them on to the lawn and chew them up.  She doesn't eat them, she just shreds them and then spits them out. She also has a "thing" for de-skinning tea bags, carefully pulling the perforated paper  bag off the used tea pile; breaking each tea bag into it's component parts.

• Haha 1

Sorry Ghana, that made me chuckle. Our dogs like to do similar things when they've been in the bin :laugh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club