Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Wait...  You don't get crushed balls sitting the car? ohmy.png  I have to pull trousers down slightly when I get in to avoid this, so obviously have to pull them up again when I get out, often have to tighten the belt as well which probably looks a bit dodgy to anyone watching...no I'm not fiddling down there! :unsure:[emoji23] 
I don't crunch the handbrake ratchet though lol. [emoji38] 
Me too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Wait...  You don't get crushed balls sitting the car? :ohmy:  I have to pull trousers down slightly when I get in to avoid this, so obviously have to pull them up again when I get out, often have to tighten the belt as well which probably looks a bit dodgy to anyone watching...no I'm not fiddling down there! :unsure::laugh: 

I don't crunch the handbrake ratchet though lol. :lol: 

Jeans are the worst for this. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Wait...  You don't get crushed balls sitting the car? :ohmy:  I have to pull trousers down slightly when I get in to avoid this, so obviously have to pull them up again when I get out, often have to tighten the belt as well which probably looks a bit dodgy to anyone watching...no I'm not fiddling down there! :unsure::laugh: 

I don't crunch the handbrake ratchet though lol. :lol: 

Put the seat back leave room to stretch your legs

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Put the seat back leave room to stretch your legs

I do too. Maybe its just a select few people :laugh:

• Like 1

People who drive at 40 everywhere. In 30, 50, and national speed limit roads, I've been behind many of these over the years. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Stevesixty7 said:

People who drive at 40 everywhere. In 30, 50, and national speed limit roads,

Yes, and they usually ignore horse riders and cyclists, sweeping past at their standard 40, inches away!

I also detest drivers who keep fiddling with the brake pedal for no reason, flashing the stop lights. And apply the brakes very slightly on every single little downhill bit.

"Oh my God, ohmy.png the car is accelerating out of control, I must put the brake lights on!" --- Imbeciles!

Plan ahead, Drive with care and consideration approaching and around obstructions, then get a move on when safe to do so. If they can not do those basics, they should not be out on the main roads. 

I appreciate that a car can be a lifeline for the elderly, like my mother up to about a year ago, when she became too ill to drive at all. But she only used the car for trips of a mile or two to the local shop. No real problem for other road users.

• Like 2

Drivers that start braking when still half a mile from traffic lights.

Drivers that slow down on motorways as soon as they see the sign for a junction they want and end up leaving the motorway at 40mph.

• Like 2

People using a trolley and going through the 'Baskets Only' till! 

8 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Drivers that start braking when still half a mile from traffic lights.

Drivers that slow down on motorways as soon as they see the sign for a junction they want and end up leaving the motorway at 40mph.

Do keep on mind some drivers may have a black box which monitors their driving. One of my dad's friends has a Audi a5 and he can only afford black box insurance for it so you can't always think small hatchbacks mainly have a black box. 

22 hours ago, Stevesixty7 said:

People who drive at 40 everywhere. In 30, 50, and national speed limit roads, I've been behind many of these over the years. 

Since I now have insurance without a black box I'd normally do 32mph. Back when I had a black box I'd hate it when you get these people driving fast up behind you and stay a little close behind. It starts to put pressure on you and back then I wasn't the type of person to pull over and let them pass. Now can't really say I get a lot of people like that. Don't know if it's because I don't have a black box now or people might look at my zetec s and think there's a boy racer in there and don't want to start trouble with him. :laugh:

• Like 1

Christmas decorations up in November!!!

When did it become socially acceptable to put up decorations in second week of November? 

Bah! Humbug! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Christmas decorations up in November!!!

When did it become socially acceptable to put up decorations in second week of November? 

Bah! Humbug! 

Moreover, christmas adverts and christmas songs playing on the radio in November.

Middle lane drivers, people who refuse to merge lanes (after a roundabout for example), mobile speed camera vans/ hairdryer speed traps/ average speed cameras, the corrupt group of people who decided to tax cars and fuel so much. 

The list goes on.

• Like 1

Diesel emissions, when I started to like my first diesel car and diesel advantages to driving. Ive heard these emissions laws will only be in central London but now heard it may be within the north circular. I live just outside the north circular so don't know if I'll get affected. Still just hope more and more people protest about it going outside central London. 

I'm sure one of the politicians years back encouraged people to get diesels 

• Like 1

Driving on those slightly wet and drizzly days that just make your car filthy the day after washing it! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dansallis said:

Driving on those slightly wet and drizzly days that just make your car filthy the day after washing it! 

I hate it when it spits down with little rain. For some reason the car looks more dirty after it spits down compared to a proper shower. 

So battling with Ford over their Motorcraft pricing and procedures... told today that the £339 Timing Belt procedure does not include replacing (what I would assume from the little I know to be fairly critical to the belts performance) Tensioner. Spoke to two different dealers who both repeated the same - the tensioner is not included. Best of all, the garage I called did not have the Motorcraft Timing belt procedure down for £339, but £514...

Also told that the Roadside Assistance with Motorcraft service will cost an extra £12 to activate.

Pulling my hair out a little!

15 minutes ago, Micro said:

So battling with Ford over their Motorcraft pricing and procedures... told today that the £339 Timing Belt procedure does not include replacing (what I would assume from the little I know to be fairly critical to the belts performance) Tensioner. Spoke to two different dealers who both repeated the same - the tensioner is not included. Best of all, the garage I called did not have the Motorcraft Timing belt procedure down for £339, but £514...

Also told that the Roadside Assistance with Motorcraft service will cost an extra £12 to activate.

Pulling my hair out a little!

Dealers have always had to pay for the roadside assistance, but previously it was built in to the price.

Problem is that the big dealers didn't want to pay the few quid surcharge, so didn't offer it. Only the smaller groups and indy's did.

That meant Ford did not pull in enough money to pay the AA for the service. Ford then gave the dealers the option of either scrapping it entirely or putting the price up.

Therefore, the increase is now put on the customer, so you are effectively going halfs with your dealer on the cost of it.

Still much better value than taking out a comparable cover yourself.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Still much better value than taking out a comparable cover yourself.

This is it - and one of the reasons why i'm happy paying the extra for the proper Ford service. £60ish is probably the closest to comparable recovery package.

When it's raining not quite enough for wipers on the whole time but too much for intermittent 😌

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

When it's raining not quite enough for wipers on the whole time but too much for intermittent 😌

Ahaa, that one so gets me!! UK problems right? :tongue:

• Like 1

My thing I don't like is this.  I've realised my biggest fear.  And that is, being obsolete.  I'm on holiday for a week 1.  Because I haven't had a week off in over 2 years and 2, I have things to do, have I done anything I wanted to do?  No, all I have thought about it going back to work.  I could of done what I wanted to do today but I haven't, it's my fault.  So I've been alone all day with my feelings, both of my kids are now in bed and my wife is sat on her tablet, which has got me thinking about robots etc and I feel the reason I've been missing work is due to my fear of being obsolete.  I'm miserable as sin at the moment

I don't like getting to Tesco to find they've run out of Momentum resulting in me having to fill the ST with Esso Supreme instead.

I don't like getting to Tesco to find they've run out of Momentum resulting in me having to fill the ST with Esso Supreme instead.

Yeh, noticed that last night .

When the radio DJ speaks over the music!!! Craig Charles totally p***ed me off today when he spoke over the guitar solo on Another Brick In The Wall :angry: 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

When the radio DJ speaks over the music!!! Craig Charles totally p***ed me off today when he spoke over the guitar solo on Another Brick In The Wall 

Sadly, this total lack of any imagination, sentiment, human emotion or basic decency seems to be the in thing. sad.png

Talking over the end of films & programmes on TV, advertising some banal and irrelevant next programme, that irritates the hell out of me. Completely ruins the memory of any decent thing.

They just say, "well many viewers / listeners like it!"   BS :angry:

• Like 1

Just drove home around 5pm today and ran into three issues. One I gave way to a car coming out a side road on the left then all of a sudden the car behind them kind of overtook them to turn right and it looked like they were so close to hitting me when I was passing. Second was on a side road and moved to the left hand side to let several cars way. One of the cars gave me way and just when I was going to move off a car was coming from behind me and overtook me. This car also was reversing out their drive way on that same road and stopped to let me pass. Lastly saw the car I might get next (golf GT sport) but sadly the driver was driving like a knob. He went in the left lane which is used to go left but went straight. Was also doing about 40 - 50mph on a 30 road. He tried cutting through traffic again on a two lane road where the right lane would end up to turn right into a bus station and the left lane to go straight. Near the traffic lights there was a queue of cars to go straight (left lane) so he decided to save time by going into the right lane and cut through to go straight. When the lights went green I saw he was stuck behind a car which was indicating right whilst he was trying to indicate left 😂. 

Please don't drive like a knob and cut in front of people. Also be careful when driving in the dark / evenings as from today's examples show people tend to make more mistakes. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club