Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Yeah, it looks like there's nothing I can do about it.  It's annoying though as there's not even enough space left for some things to update now, let alone add any more apps.  I know it's a very basic phone but it has a great camera and does wifi browsing well which are the main things I wanted, just a shame it didn't come with a bit more internal space.  Photos go onto the SD card so it's not an issue for them.

I don't understand why they don't allow us to delete unnecessary factory apps...I mean, when am I ever going to need the Hindi Keyboard input!? :laugh: 

I also don't like man flu...I don't have it yet, but feel like it's just a matter of time as I'm getting covered in snot and phlegm just walking round Tesco this time of year... :unsure: :mellow:

The pre-loaded apps are not on the data partition, but a separate system partition on android. The only time they change is with a system update. When you download updates from the play store it creates a second copy on the data partition.

It's always worth disabling as many pre-loaded apps that you don't use so it doesn't create duplicates when it tries to "update" them and waste space on you data partition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't like the royal engagement being headline news for 2 days.......... and counting!!! 

• Like 1

I don’t like that 2 scroats broke into my house early hours Monday morning whilst we were in bed. Luckily we heard them and they ran like babies. I always take my keys upstairs at night so they were never going to get them. New Ultion locks installed now and new alarm and cctv coming tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone

• Sad 4

I don't like trying to add favorite to my phone contact on s7 with new 7.0 firmware and people keep saying ''Press the star''

And i keep saying...........There is no star.........If there was i would as i have done before.

Bottom right corner of the contact image area.9aae3794cb72890470b5a4bb3496be33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't like looking out late last night to see the Focus hazards flashing...  Never heard the alarm siren but with doors closed and the TV on that doesn't mean it didn't go off... 

They stopped on their own before I could get my shoes on so didn't bother going out there.  But it's played on my mind all night...  Did someone hit it?  Or try to break in (there are MUCH nicer cars in our car park!)?  Or just a cat jumped on it?  Or is it due to low battery and will it dead when I try to start this afternoon...?  :unsure:

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like looking out late last night to see the Focus hazards flashing...  Never heard the alarm siren but with doors closed and the TV on that doesn't mean it didn't go off... 

They stopped on their own before I could get my shoes on so didn't bother going out there.  But it's played on my mind all night...  Did someone hit it?  Or try to break in (there are MUCH nicer cars in our car park!)?  Or just a cat jumped on it?  Or is it due to low battery and will it dead when I try to start this afternoon...?  :unsure:

Could also be some young lad blasting his music and sub and the vibrations could of triggered the alarm. This happened once with my dad's car. Back then I had my Peugeot which had no alarm. You could look around the car for any marks. It can be intimidating, I know as I try to do it every time I walk back to the car from uni. 

20 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the royal engagement being headline news for 2 days.......... and counting!!! 

Lol I've been hearing my mum talk about it. Been also hearing that people don't like that the Prince is taking a fancy to someone who isn't from British origin and also heard if they do get married the Queen won't come as she's had been divorced in the past. 

41 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Could also be some young lad blasting his music and sub and the vibrations could of triggered the alarm. This happened once with my dad's car. Back then I had my Peugeot which had no alarm. You could look around the car for any marks. It can be intimidating, I know as I try to do it every time I walk back to the car from uni. 

music doesn't seem to set the Focus alarm off...  I parked right behind the stage at a VW show last year (not by choice, the non VW parking was a tiny area lol), blasting music for hours, could literally feel it rattling the car before I got out and expected it to set the alarm off but it didn't lol!  I park in a private car park in a residential area well away from the road so doubt it was anything like that tbh. 

Also checked for fresh marks if it had been hit, would be easy to see as the cars filthy atm, but couldn't see anything.

Then saw on a Facebook this morning 4 cars were stolen last night just a few miles away...but they were all retro cars, no modern immobilisers...and all easily visible, so doesn't sound like they would go looking, or go after anything modern...  It's probably the same guys that do it every few months...the police know who it is but can never get enough evidence!

Car started fine this afternoon so doesn't seem to be a battery issue either.  Guess I'll never know what caused it! :unsure:

Hate the cold weather ❄ don't know if I'll manage to stay out cleaning the car in the Christmas holidays if its going to stay like this. 

I don't like the amount of people that drive tiny cars like artics lately...  It must take some serious effort to hold up so much traffic and take up so much road in a car the size of a shoe... :ohmy:

I also don't like December in general...1st of December and it suddenly feels like there are 10 times as many people and cars about that there were last month! :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't like the company I've gone back to after moving back to near Manchester. I'm having to take a 2nd break coz of a detour 5 miles out of Shrewsbury then the M56 totally goosed. I really don't like who I'm working for.

On 01/12/2017 at 3:37 PM, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the amount of people that drive tiny cars like artics lately...  It must take some serious effort to hold up so much traffic and take up so much road in a car the size of a shoe... :ohmy:

I also don't like December in general...1st of December and it suddenly feels like there are 10 times as many people and cars about that there were last month! :unsure:

Must be people christmas shopping. If only santa was real. I'd try keeping away from ordering stuff during mid December as post more likely gets lost. 

I hate it when im tricked by a person on eBay who sells Samsung wireless fast chargers so had one and yes 3 to 4 hours later just charged.

Lead takes 1.5 hours...........I don't think this person knows what ''FAST'' is so back to the start again.

Update......................it stops at 88% and you lift it off put it on and starts again.

I don't like that it's electricity tariff comparison time again! :sad:

Got it down £100 per year so far though. 

Don't like being bored at work. Was ok for a few months doing next to nothing but now 11 months later , still the same but now not only me but 3 others have been recently employed to help me do nothing. Keep being told "soon we will be busy and make the most of the quiet time"

• Like 1

On 12/3/2017 at 3:06 PM, jace1969 said:

I hate it when im tricked by a person on eBay who sells Samsung wireless fast chargers so had one and yes 3 to 4 hours later just charged.

Lead takes 1.5 hours...........I don't think this person knows what ''FAST'' is so back to the start again.

Update......................it stops at 88% and you lift it off put it on and starts again.

Wireless charging is only going to be about 50% as efficient as normal charging due to EM losses. 3-4 hours sounds quite good - what would the official Samsung wireless charger get?

3 hours ago, Micro said:

Wireless charging is only going to be about 50% as efficient as normal charging due to EM losses. 3-4 hours sounds quite good - what would the official samsung wireless charger get?

This is a genuine Samsung charger as it has got Samsung in the plastic and all the details on the bottom on a label but i know not a Dam thing about

wireless chargers and what all the output is best to get etc but you are right,i was wrong thinking i was going to get close to a 2 hour fast charge.

12 hours ago, jace1969 said:

This is a genuine Samsung charger as it has got Samsung in the plastic and all the details on the bottom on a label but i know not a Dam thing about

wireless chargers and what all the output is best to get etc but you are right,i was wrong thinking i was going to get close to a 2 hour fast charge.

Convenience isn't always the best option :P

It took me a good few months to find a compatible "rapid" usb-c charger without paying the £25 Google wanted.

Pictures speak a thousand words, trying to loosen my other (non-locking) wheel nuts... took it back to the tyre shop, he tried them all and said they weren't all that tight, so came back, torqued up to 130Nm, and tried loosening them myself - they were definitely too tight to begin with and not anywhere near 130Nm.

BrokenExtension.jpg

Don't like these false claims manufacturers make with some products. Recently watched a video of led lights and their claimed lumen output. None of them had the claimed lumen output and 1 or 2 had a lower light output compared to halogen. 

I was very close being cought with my new S7 that i have just had,this person was selling 2 on eBay ex/display in a shop so Like New he stated so i sent a few questions about it like how old are they and are they u.k but he slipped up on a couple of things his reply.....  I have checked the ''shipment'' and they are august date 2017 and the u.k thing reply was.....They have uk firmware/software and he left it then but he put his foot right in his mouth trying to sell it saying.....You have to watch some people they clone the phone these days.

So a no go there,very lucky as looking into it you can put a S7 body onto a S6 so if you was not into phones in a big way it would look like a S7.

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I was very close being cought with my new S7 that i have just had,this person was selling 2 on ebay ex/display in a shop so Like New he stated so i sent a few questions about it like how old are they and are they u.k but he slipped up on a couple of things his reply.....  I have checked the ''shipment'' and they are august date 2017 and the u.k thing reply was.....They have uk firmware/software and he left it then but he put his foot right in his mouth trying to sell it saying.....You have to watch some people they clone the phone these days.

So a no go there,very lucky as looking into it you can put a S7 body onto a S6 so if you was not into phones in a big way it would look like a S7.

^^^ at first I thought you were talking about getting a audi S7 lol

So got into the shower this afternoon, only for me to hear an audible "pop", and the temperature to drop back to mains water temperature. Setting 1 + 3 gets it to 28 degrees, but setting 2 does nothing (i imagine the main heater). 28 degrees is ok for me, but not sure the rest of my family will agree! At 5 years old, I think it's new shower time!

Edit: 5 hours later, and a little fiddling and repair, shower is once again working. See if you can see why it stopped! :rolleyes:

BrokenShower_small.jpg

BrokenShower2_small.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club