Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

6 hours ago, Micro said:

Ad tracking cookies, and IP addresses.

If you're browsing on the same internet connection they will associate you both with the same IP - if she has ever logged into anything on your browser then she may be associated with your computer too. It's quite scary really! You can opt out of tracking cookies here:

http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices

Good luck with sites actually respecting that.

The only way to attempt to come close is blocking all the tracking scripts and codes. Even then, they can fingerprint your browser, trace your IP. It's big business, so they spend a lot of time trying to profile every visitor in one way or another. No such thing as free services, you pay with your data.

59 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Good luck with sites actually respecting that.

The only way to attempt to come close is blocking all the tracking scripts and codes. Even then, they can fingerprint your browser, trace your IP. It's big business, so they spend a lot of time trying to profile every visitor in one way or another. No such thing as free services, you pay with your data.

Speaking of profiling, Oracle is one of the biggest in the business.

See what they know about your interests and viewing habits on here, it's actually very interesting. Most of my interests are right.

http://www.bluekai.com/registry/

On 12/23/2017 at 11:15 AM, Micro said:

Unsafe to stop and car seemed to be handing fine so carried on the very short distance to work - have  popped a rear anti-roll bar link. Don't like the price though they're nearly £20 each from all the local motor factors!

Turns out they come as a pair - a surprise to me, and the chap at the motor factors who had them listed as singles. Returned the second box!

On 11/22/2017 at 3:40 PM, Micro said:

Also told that the Roadside Assistance with Motorcraft service will cost an extra £12 to activate.

And rung another local dealer, who includes the roadside cover for free as part of the Motorcraft price... That alone makes the service the same price as using a local garage + buying roadside cover. I then just need to fit the pollen filter myself for £8 (no biggie). I do like this!

Looks like I'll be looking at a Speed Awareness Course :sad:

Van Hire company has sent Work a Notice from the Police regarding 'Speeding - exceeded 60mph for a goods vehicle',

I was driving a Vauxhall Vivaro (size of a transit) on the A180 Dual Carriageway, they clocked me doing 71mph.

Apparently a van is only allowed to do 60mph on a Dual Carriageway where 4x4's and motor-homes can still do 70mph.

The A180 follows on from the M180 (which is 70mph), it all looks the same apart from a hard shoulder.

I even remember seeing the guy who clocked me, I knew I was 'only' doing 70mph so thought nothing of it.

Thinking they'd got it wrong I've done some research, but it seems pretty black & white regarding vans and Single/Dual Carriageways (-10mph).

I've never owned a van and I don't drive for a living, we only get a van to deliver to our shops once a week and it's not always me driving.

When you cant solve a problem.dam ford putting a Fakra connector for my broke reverse camera and tried Fakra to RCA adapter with no joy.

All cheap £12 area camera comes with RCA as im not paying £190 for a ford one..........Dam you Fakra (cable).

Can you get both...PAL/NTSC on same camera or do i just need a PAL one.

Seeing this poor ST fiesta driver 😢 he said he had to go on a drivers awareness course. 

23 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

Apparently a van is only allowed to do 60mph on a Dual Carriageway where 4x4's and motor-homes can still do 70mph.

The A180 follows on from the M180 (which is 70mph), it all looks the same apart from a hard shoulder.

I even remember seeing the guy who clocked me, I knew I was 'only' doing 70mph so thought nothing of it.

Goods vehicles over 2000kg iirc limited to 60mph that aren't car derived vans. Motorhomes fall under the motor caravan regs (Your vivaro, if converted to a motor caravan spec, could do 70mph. But as a goods vehicle, no.)

17 hours ago, zain611 said:

Seeing this poor ST fiesta driver 😢 he said he had to go on a drivers awareness course. 

How old was the person,this is a sad thing to see on such a nice car as long as all got out o.k.

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

How old was the person,this is a sad thing to see on such a nice car as long as all got out o.k.

I think he is around his 20s. He was really upset from that. I don't think he was badly hurt. 

I think he is around his 20s. He was really upset from that. I don't think he was badly hurt. 

It’s hard to tell on a video but that did look very fast for the conditions and he was pretty close to the car in front. The driver of the cam car didn’t seem to take any evasive action he just kept in his lane till the last second, not saying I could have done better though. How did his Insurance react? If he has been sent on a speed awareness course he must have been found guilty of ‘driving without due care/attention’. I got a course for that charge a few years back, pulled on to a round about and made a police car already on the round about take ‘evasive’ action. By evasive he meant he had to brake a little bit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you cant solve a problem.dam ford putting a Fakra connector for my broke reverse camera and tried Fakra to RCA adapter with no joy.
All cheap £12 area camera comes with RCA as im not paying £190 for a ford one..........Dam you Fakra (cable).
Can you get both...PAL/NTSC on same camera or do i just need a PAL one.

I know you want to use the Fakra but have you thought about just cutting the ends off and soldering the wires together? Assuming you know what each wire does, I’m sure you have said you do in the past.

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I know you want to use the Fakra but have you thought about just cutting the ends off and soldering the wires together? Assuming you know what each wire does, I’m sure you have said you do in the past.

Yes i do know what all wires do and checked,i have got a joiner to make it to RCA like most are now and tried this cheap camera but rolls so trying another way.

Just got a very cheap kit (screen 4'3,all leads and a camera and the camera is PAL and screen in PAL/NTSC and then try the cheap camera i have already and i

also have the new one with the kit,not the best kit for for £16.99 worth a try,at the worse i have the full set up then.

Was trying to find more about the rear-view-mirror like the wires and stuff 026540 but cant find anything.

This is a 100% Dont like as if its there i would like it to work.

What a fun couple of months I've had!

So, I've been fairly quiet on here for a while...good news: Work finally remembered me and appointed me to a ship...the brand spanking new RFA Tiderace 

Bad news: it's not going to sea whilst I'm appointed to her.  Soo...I'm sat alongside in Falmouth staring wistfully out to sea.  If you think the new carriers have problems...well...

Not only that, I now have man flu!

Even before all of that I was grumpy anyway!

Slid on a patch of icy grass straight into a 45gal drum full of water.  I now have a crease on the lip of my bonnet - perfectly highlighted by the missing paint!

Then a very close friend of mine was blue-lighted over to Scunthorpe from Grimsby having had a stroke! (He's on the mend and doing well).

I then slipped in the ice (taking my friend home after a few days in hospital) and clonked my elbow on my tow ball.  Still hurts now a month later.  I probably should mention it to the Med Tech onboard...

Oh yeah...and they haven't been told when I'm due off! (Easy answer - I'm supernumeray and don't require a relief...I'll go when my 2 months is up!)

On 05/01/2018 at 7:46 PM, RAIDER32 said:

Looks like I'll be looking at a Speed Awareness Course :sad:

Van Hire company has sent Work a Notice from the Police regarding 'Speeding - exceeded 60mph for a goods vehicle',

I was driving a Vauxhall Vivaro (size of a transit) on the A180 Dual Carriageway, they clocked me doing 71mph.

Thinking they'd got it wrong I've done some research, but it seems pretty black & white regarding vans and Single/Dual Carriageways (-10mph).

I've never owned a van and I don't drive for a living, we only get a van to deliver to our shops once a week and it's not always me driving.

That sucks mate, doesn't really seem fair. Especially considering the fact that motorhomes can do 70, but vans can't.

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

That sucks mate, doesn't really seem fair. Especially considering the fact that motorhomes can do 70, but vans can't.

But a converted 3.5 ton Sprinter magically is safe doing 10mph more once it's re-registered as a motor caravan...  the law is an ***** sometimes!

I don't particularly like being stuck under the car having to replace the rear ARB links only 3 weeks after having them replaced the first time!

BrokenARBLink.thumb.jpg.0dac01d1d055ca3ab76095cef296cb25.jpg

Eurocarparts "Starline" budget brand, bought only because they were the only ones I could could get hold of on the 23rd December. Got two in the sealed bag in the box, but have been told this was unusual as they are singles. Went and bought some Delphi brand links from a local factors this time around... working out cheaper than ECP (and the Ford dealer who wanted £49 EACH :laugh:).

Also if anyone knows - how tight do you make these things? The workshop manual online says 25Nm, but the center was starting to deform rather than the torque wrench clicking so i stopped, and just left them reasonably tight (and some threadlocker). Knocking noise all gone thank god!

When your t.v reboots so being having cover until 2021 i sent it back........Team Knowhow from currys,had t.v 12 months ago.

It did firmware update in November,also i kept getting Android pop up 'unfortunately we were not able to update ?????' anything.

Then cant find anything wrong as a nice chap rang,did Factory restore and as stated online Delivery check it will be delivered back today 14th sunday time gap 10.05 to 14.05.

As i wrote this its 14.15   and online states ''if we cant deliver in your 4 hour slot we will contact you''    ok still waiting.

• Sad 1

When I hear my partner using my battery drill on hammer action upstairs and upon looking what she doing find one of my sharpest metal drills blunt and discoloured from the heat of drilling into brick wall

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keeping it diy, when you’re using your trusty mouse sander and halfway into the job it goes pop. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iantt said:

my partner using my battery drill on hammer action upstairs and upon looking what she doing find one of my sharpest metal drills blunt and discoloured

I know the feeling. I dread leaving the house sometimes, not knowing what I will return to. Paint is my Missus' favourite weapon. Paint everywhere! Fortunately she keeps well away from power tools like hammer drills, at least so far!

8 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Team Knowhow from currys,had t.v 12 months ago.

Team Knowhow to break washing machines! That is for sure.

I ordered a machine just before Xmas. The Missus wanted black, so it was not in stock, of course. They said 14 days, and would email to arrange delivery. Out of the blue, I got a phone call: Truck five minutes away, looking for my address. There was still washing in the old machine, fortunately it had just finished.

They took away the just about working old machine, and left a big cardboard box. When I opened it, a great lump of plastic with a sheared off bolt embedded in it, dropped out of the bottom. I hoped it was just some transport fixing, but looking underneath it was evident that the plastic was a great chunk of the tub, where one of the transit bolts had been attached to, the said bolt  now being in two parts. So there is a gaping hole in the tub. Much, much worse than a chocolate teapot. At least you can admire or eat a chocolate teapot.laugh.png

I have gone from a just about working (on very low spin speed) machine, to a big, heavy lump of useless garbage blocking up my kitchen. And after about an hour on the phone, mostly waiting to get through, it will be 23 Jan before they can do an exchange.sad.png

I had a similar experience with eSpares before christmas.
I accidentally dropped a large drawer from my freezer and it exploded everywhere so ordered a new drawer and front from them.
4 days later UPS arrives with a flimsy cardboard box that was literally flat like a pancake.
Obviously I inspected the contents and found the new drawer and front in a worse condition than the dropped one.
I refused to accept it, driver photographed the pizza box of plastic shrapnel and went away.
Emailed eSpares advising them and thought all was in order.
Received email in return 3 days later asking why I refused delivery, so promptly advised them to check with UPS as to where the returned 'box' was.
Days went on and another (intact this time) drawer arrived in a box inside another box that could have taken a baby elephant.
Happy enough until I checked enclosed invoice and found they had billed me for both drawers, 2x desparch postage and 1x return postage fee.
Suffice to say many rude words were uttered down the phone and solution reached.
Imagine my surprise when I started to get 3 emails a day asking me to rate their customer service.
I have resisted replying so far knowing that my choice words will not be suitable for publishing on their website.
I may hold off until I have smashed down a bottle of port and my spleen is suitably lubricated to vent all the words I can find that accurately convey my views.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Team knowhow online check for the Delivery/repair status is just a joke and told them this on the phone,they picked up my t.v and online still said driver is

on its way,the t.v went at 10.30 and following day it changed to 'picked up' a day late,it was always 24 hour out and a 4 hour pick up/delivery time slot is useless.

I rang them and said about what is the point if you cant deliver/pick up in that time as people have time off work or stuff,kept saying sorry,there you go.

Anyway had it back (time slot 10.05 to 14.05) had it at 16.30 area and a nice mark on the top bezzle which has taken the black paint off it to see the silver steel,its the top

so you have to look at the top to see it and the old black marker pen solved most of it,never be sent again unless it blows up up something breaks like screen and stuff.

This is becoming a slag off Currys theme, but tis all true!

At 1.04pm today, I got an Email saying the exchange is now to be 7 days later than verbally promised, 30 Jan. So unless I make a huge fuss, taking hours of my time, and try to get a different machine, or a refund, it will be 3 weeks with no washing machine.

Thanks, Team KnowNothing & Currys, for taking away my working machine, and leaving us with nothing except a heap of rubbish stuck in my kitchen, for 3 weeks.

They phoned my Missus over the weekend to ask for her opinion of their service. I was not there, but I think she told them!

I've never had a good experience when shopping at Currys/carphonewarehouse. Every time there's been an issue.

I guess this could be classed as a 'don't like.'

I don't like witnessing a driver taking punches at another while driving this morning. Previously, I'd only seen this level of road rage on youtube.

Not sure whether I should bother sending the police the footage.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:05 PM, Incontro said:

I guess this could be classed as a 'don't like.'

I don't like witnessing a driver taking punches at another while driving this morning. Previously, I'd only seen this level of road rage on youtube.

Not sure whether I should bother sending the police the footage.

Even if they don't do anything, you've done the right thing - your call i guess. There is a website you can submit anonymously to police but for the life of me I cannot remember it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club