Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like uncertainty...  Dropped the 405 off at the garage this morning to have its steering (or lack thereof) investigated, and waiting for "the call"... 

i don't like shaving, I hated wet shaving because it took to long & so the other half brought me an electric one which is awesome but by christ it doesn't have pull lol.  Also the dog has just dropped one:sick:

• Like 1

Don't shave.... Easy...

I don't like new 307cc rear indicators, output is BS and they sit between the brake light and the rear lights which have a far greater output!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I don't like new 307cc rear indicators

There are quite a few new cars I have seen where the rear indicators are utterly appalling. How they got them through the EU safety standards I do not know!ohmy.png

It seems as if they don't look at the indicators while the brake lights are on. And that is pretty stupid as usually when coming to a turn there is some need to slow down!

The indicators are almost invisible when mounted round or inside bright brake lights. A real triumph of "Design" over function.

Or is it just me, are my eyes going? I would not like that much, eithersad.png.

All the more reason to vote tomorrow ;)

On the subject of lights, I don't like that certain commercial vehicles (particularly flatbeds) seem to get away with tiny brake lights on huge vehicles!  I understand they're purely functional and cheap as possible so aesthetics aren't considered, but they just aren't big enough to catch my attention in traffic which is worrying!!

4 hours ago, Ianb said:

Don't shave.... Easy...

I don't like new 307cc rear indicators, output is BS and they sit between the brake light and the rear lights which have a far greater output!!

I can't not shave, I think people my hair with these big bushy faces look stupid.  Clean shaven for the win, however I do occasionally sport a trimmed goatee(not a big bushy one).  Also I get like a rash & my face itches like crazy until I shave

I don't like mislaying my coconut splitting cross pein hammer:sad:

Whilst other hammers can be used, they smash it rather than put a neat crack all the way round:mellow:

On 20/06/2016 at 9:23 PM, TomsFocus said:

I don't like people that are too damn lazy to put their trolleys back...  It's no excuse but that's obviously why they've parked like that lol.

How do they get their £1 coin back?

On 20/06/2016 at 4:04 PM, hywelkidd said:

One of my pet peeves is people parking in a parent and child space without children. I went to Tesco just now and found this.

6e0018c9248410453b4c9819a14f6cd3.jpg

And no, they didn't have children with them (or a blue badge).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There was someone down in Poole/Bournemouth area a couple of years ago, who exacted a dairy based revenge on parkers like that.  :laugh:

Three different Tescos, two Waitroses and a Sainsbury had been visited by them. Whilst they've been seen on CCTV, no-one know who they actually are, or if they do, they're not saying

The owner of a brand new Mercedes cabriolet, in a disabled bay without a blue badge, returned to find her upholstery had been decorated with lashing of yogurt and her seats puddled in milk.  A VW Passat, who'd left his windows open, childless in a parent with child bay, found milk poured/squirted through the gap.  A Range Rover, two BMWs and Vectra, all parked in inappropriate bays for their use. Lacking open windows for the revenge, returned to find great dollops of yogurt dotted all over the windscreen and butter smeared down the rest of the windows and door handles.

• Like 1

I don't like mislaying my coconut splitting cross pein hammersad.png

Whilst other hammers can be used, they smash it rather than put a neat crack all the way roundmellow.png

I don't like people that are too damn lazy to put their trolleys back...  It's no excuse but that's obviously why they've parked like that lol.

All the supermarkets round here ditched that ages ago. I can't actually remember the last time I had to put £1 in a trolley!

2 minutes ago, hywelkidd said:

All the supermarkets round here ditched that ages ago. I can't actually remember the last time I had to put £1 in a trolley!

Same here, except for Aldi and Sainsbury's.  I think the £1 trolleys are good (albeit slightly inconvenient if you don't have a £1 coin!) as they stop people from just leaving them in the middle of the car park.

29 minutes ago, hywelkidd said:

All the Tescos and Lidls here have the £1 trolleys, not sure about Sainsburys, Morrisons and Waitrose as i haven't used them for a while

23 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I think the £1 trolleys are good (albeit slightly inconvenient if you don't have a £1 coin!) as they stop people from just leaving them in the middle of the car park

Ah yes, the lack £1 coin, meaning you have to withdraw a £10 from the cash machine and buy something quite random and cheap from the tobacco/lottery counter to get a £1 to use a trolley:lol:

I don't like the excessive humidity we've got today with no breeze:sad:

Throwing open all the windows has done anything, other than let a number of bluebottles and houseflies in, presumably to find somewhere cooler to buzz about in, and tease the cats:ohmy:

17 hours ago, Preecematt said:

I can't not shave, I think people my hair with these big bushy faces look stupid.  Clean shaven for the win, however I do occasionally sport a trimmed goatee(not a big bushy one).  Also I get like a rash & my face itches like crazy until I shave

Beards are currently fashionable from the trimmed goatee through to a big bushy Karl Marx/Father Christmas type and on to the over-manicured (possibly permed)

I have one client with an impressive ancient Persian looking beard square beard complete with ringlets and another with a ZZ top inspired very long (almost below crotch level) one!

3 hours ago, GMX said:

Beards are currently fashionable

I used to have a beard. Too lazy to shave, and I thought it made me look more mature.

A couple of years ago, I came to the conclusion that looking "more mature" was no longer a good idea. In fact it was a bloomin silly idea laugh.png, and anything that made me look a bit less mature was desirable. So, in stages to avoid too much shock, it slowly disappeared.

Has anyone tried inviting all the bluebottles & houseflies in, to see if their combined wingbeats act like a Punkah, & cool the house? Probably another bloomin silly idea, their hot bodies would heat the air, and the cats would go berserk. Even the aircon on a typical Ford Focus would be more effective!

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I used to have a beard. Too lazy to shave, and I thought it made me look more mature.

A couple of years ago, I came to the conclusion that looking "more mature" was no longer a good idea. In fact it was a bloomin silly idea laugh.png, and anything that made me look a bit less mature was desirable. So, in stages to avoid too much shock, it slowly disappeared.

Has anyone tried inviting all the bluebottles & houseflies in, to see if their combined wingbeats act like a Punkah, & cool the house? Probably another bloomin silly idea, their hot bodies would heat the air, and the cats would go berserk. Even the aircon on a typical Ford Focus would be more effective!

Whats Aircon on a Ford Focus?  I only get warm air, is this aircon you speak of easy & cheap to install

• Like 1

I don't like having a hellish day at work and then forgetting to vote!!  I would have remembered had I taken the regular route home from work (passing the voting station), but I went another way and it slipped my mind. 

As I'm working tomorow I won't be able to stay up to watch the results either, but will try to follow it as closely as I can (between sleeping).

I don't like people who are of a similar age to me & also as common as muck pretending to be posh people.  Trying to use clever words like xenophobic & dystopian(those are just 2 of the examples that were used) and then using another term for those words in the same sentence, for example the quote used tonight was "oh it's inherently Racist & Xenophobic & later on in said post was the term It's totally undesirable & dystopian.  1 word for these posh totty.  Behave.  Makes them look totally stupid 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Preecematt said:

I don't like people who are of a similar age to me & also as common as muck pretending to be posh people.  Trying to use clever words like xenophobic & dystopian(those are just 2 of the examples that were used) and then using another term for those words in the same sentence, for example the quote used tonight was "oh it's inherently Racist & Xenophobic & later on in said post was the term It's totally undesirable & dystopian.  1 word for these posh totty.  Behave.  Makes them look totally stupid 

Yes, your speech has to fit naturally with your personality.  Being fake won't get you anywhere, and it'll make you look like a twit... 

Blimey big words. Too many Hyacinth Buckets it seems lol.

I don't tripping over my drill box and in an effort to remain upright, grabbing the shelf unit with it's razor sharp edges and slicing a deep gash in my right hand middle finger:sad:

I also don't like (admittedly it was last night, rather than today) watching Brandy struggle to climb the stairs, she declined any assistance when I tried to support her back end and objected strongly when I went to pick her to carry her.  Her hips seem to fail her at bedtime:sad:

• Like 1

I don't like not being able to swallow being added to my list of anxiety symptoms.  It really worries me that this is just getting worse and worse, to the point where I soon won't even be able to do my job properly.  Yes I could go to the doctors and get medication (if I could convince them to prescribe it), but even then it would just be a short-term solution as medication cannot be used long-term.

It could be argued that my job is the problem, and I thought that about my last job when I had these same problems, but changing jobs didn't help.  It's now so bad that I couldn't even go for another job because I couldn't sit through the interview without shaking and not being able to speak.

God, how I envy those people who can carry out regular daily tasks without uncontrollable shaking, difficulty breathing and palpitations.  The only things I can do without triggering my anxiety is either sit at home or drive.

What a great life.  Absolutely :censored: fantastic.

Well, it would be if I won the lottery and could afford to avoid all the situations which cause me anxiety... :wink:

I don't like recovery drivers (in a poxy little van), having left the scene of an accident after clearing up, then deciding I will reverse the wrong way back round the roundabout and get on the slip road to catch up with my mates in the tilt and slide bed trucks. In the process of him doing so I come round the bend to see two cars braking in the middle of the roundabout, causing me to have to practically stop, to be greeted by said van backing into my path and then going on to the slip road causing me to have nowhere to go, not even an apology for being a !Removed! when I accelerate past him. An amber beacon does not mean you are exempt from road laws.

Is it a case of send the footage to his employer or the police, quite frankly it is ridiculous that a recovery vehicle could have caused a further accident by being a moron!!!!!

Or the Golf driver I followed the other day, with 2 mattresses strapped together, covered in plastic sheet, yes on the roof no roof bars I should add, and with the plastic sheet trapped in the windows or doors to hold it in place. What is wrong with people, using a vehicle to carry something big it is not designed for. Another asshat who should not be on the road, ea small driver who you could not see behind the seat and with a child in the car too, talk about setting a good example.

Rant over!!!!!

• Like 1

Sadly it is more surprising these days to see a good driver than it is a bad one.  It isn't even down to intelligence, but just common sense, which has unfortunately died a death.

• Like 2

I don't like all the hoohah following the eu referendum.... Young people telling old people they'll be dead soon and won't have to deal with it....

Talk about ridiculous. Amusingly I've seen on social media posts about "Happy Adolf Hitler day" in retort to the 'minority' wanting to change what the 'majority' think..

Also frankly, some of the reasons I've heard people voting for have been ridiculous... "Imagine going up to the airport and having to get a visa and pay for that visa"......yeh imagine that... Imagine basing everything on the concern that you may or may not have to get a visa!?!? No wonder people say the younger generation are morons if those are their arguments!!!

• Like 4

I don't like the enormous overly-juicy strawberries I've just tried to eat...seen less mess on a 2 year old eating chocolate...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club