Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Lol, small cars with ridiculous mods are great...we were all young once! :P

I better not get started on this thread, the list of things I don't like is infinite!

Today it's people that can't keep a constant speed though... So annoying when there's a huge gap so stick the cruise control on then they slow for no apparent reason closing the gap so much you have to slow as well...then again for no reason they speed off into the distance...until 5 minutes later they're sitting on your front bumper again, constantly for 10 miles...argh! They're also often the ones who will flash and beep and mouth obscenities when anyone overtakes them. :lol:

Im the same age and i've never felt the urge to go to Halfords and buy stick on chrome trim around my lights or buy a dozen stickers and go mental on my panels. I dont think its an age thing when it comes to tastefully modifying your car ;).

edit: forgot to mention, there are a bunch of yobbos that meet up at the local maccydeees drive through and their cars are delightful. We're talking about standard black Astras with neon green or orange wheels. Corsas with ridiculous camber and blue/green led/ neon interior lights and cheap aftermarket exhausts. No jdm or fords, but there was one E36? I dunno J plate bmw 3 series with deep-dish alloys with "drift queen" stickers everywhere..

• Like 1

I don't see many people past the age of 20 with a vinyl shopping list down the door and lexus lights tbh. :lol: Well except the elderly people that have bought the car from some youngster like that lol.

It's each to their own really though, one persons tasteful is another persons garish! For example, I bought some blue dice dustcaps for my last car because...well I liked them, couldn't care less that no-one else did haha. Couldn't hear any bad comments over the 3" stainless exhaust and Ramair cone filter anyway. ;) :D

• Like 1

Planning to wash the car then finding that it's raining

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

That should be in the Like thread - Mother Nature did it for you :-D

Force of the rain earlier was near enough equal that of a pressure washer lol

I actually like doing housework, you can see what you've done and get a sense of achievement, much nicer to be in a clean house as well...what I don't like is people coming home and ruining it a few hours later, I'm sure there's some sort of mess explosion happening immediately when they come back. :lol:

If you wouldn't mind nipping up to Grimsby - I'll meet you at Sainsbury's and you can crack on...my Mother won't complain either lol

• Like 1

Dishwasher and vacuum bots will fix that, as for dusting, lots of clutter prevents dust landing lol

Carpets help too (compared to laminate flooring) because you can't see the dust lol.

Planning to wash the car then finding that it's raining

I'd just do it anyway, then you don't have to bother drying it :)

• Like 1

I hate the start of a

"Scottish Summer"

Last week it was 19+℃

This week we had snow hail rain wind and frost!

Other day a went to Asda when i went in wearing shorts because it was roasting with no wind and when I came out......hailstorm with high winds! Ffs........

• Like 2

The English summer equally crazy, I saw 28°C in my car last week in Leeds, but that was probably exaggerated cos it was sitting in the sun for hours. Then a few days later it's covered in frost before I drive to work lol.

Police sending letters to every house on our estate saying they are going to fine you if you park half on the pavement. I know it's an offence but now the road isn't wide enough to get through chuffing jobsworths

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Things I don't like, Mike Brewer and Justin Bieber :D

Police sending letters to every house on our estate saying they are going to fine you if you park half on the pavement. I know it's an offence but now the road isn't wide enough to get through chuffing jobsworths

I can definitely relate to this, most people park half on the pavement around where I live including me when I need to. As long as there's enough space on the pavement for a wheelchair to get through I don't see the problem, especially when it makes it easier and safer for all road users. That's how it seems to me anyway. There might be a good reason why it's illegal so maybe someone else can explain it.

Edit: a quick Google found this, highway code rule 244 - "You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Law GL(GP)A sect 15"

So, does than mean it's not an offence outside of London? And if that's the case then what right do the police have to fine anyone for it?

The term "Should not" is the catchword.

Police will only prosecute if it is deemed that in parking on pavements you are causing a hazard (obstructing crossings/junctions etc) or dangerous obstruction.

Parking control was decriminalised and was handed to Council control and is termed as "Decriminalised Parking Enforcement".

This was first done in London in 1991 and rolled out nationwide at varying dates afterwards.

As it was decriminalised it became "Non-Endorseable" (Punishable by a parking charge notice rather than by a penalty charge notice and endorsement of your licence).

Police can still issue PCN's and Endorsements if it is deemed that you are committing an offence (for obstruction etc).

• Like 1

I can definitely relate to this, most people park half on the pavement around where I live including me when I need to. As long as there's enough space on the pavement for a wheelchair to get through I don't see the problem, especially when it makes it easier and safer for all road users.

I have to park half on the pavement because I live on a busy main road. 12 buses an hour go past each way, there's a council bin lorry depot, council tip and a factory up the road.

To not park partially on the pavement would screw up the flow of traffic.

• Like 1

Keep getting confused between Philf1 and Phil 87. :rolleyes:

Both of you have similar profile pics, drive same color Fiesta ST's and live in Yorkshire.

Which one is the clone, and which one is the "real-deal"? Haha.

• Like 1

I have to park half on the pavement because I live on a busy main road. 12 buses an hour go past each way, there's a council bin lorry depot, council tip and a factory up the road.

To not park partially on the pavement would screw up the flow of traffic.

My road's like that too, but luckily we have residential parking so I usually don't have to worry about it. You make a good point about disrupting traffic, which is probably worse than causing a slight inconvenience to pedestrians.

Keep getting confused between Philf1 and Phil 87. :rolleyes:

Both of you have similar profile pics, drive same color Fiesta ST's and live in Yorkshire.

Which one is the clone, and which one is the "real-deal"? Haha.

Well I suppose Philf1 is the original Phil, being older than me haha. But I can understand the confusion, even our number of posts is similar.

• Like 1

Being back at work, 3 weeks to go and counting.

My fuel economy being sooooo poor in traffic, needing a new exhaust and finding out they are like £1k lol

Reading distasteful four letter words ( work ) in comments that should be ! Removed ! :)

The response I got to a video I posted on the Idiot UK Drivers Exposed group.

Apparently, blocking a busy road with your punto for over a minute while you bully your way into traffic isn't idiotic at all.

Removed the post, definitely don't need that sort of abuse

^ Need link to Judge.

GCSEs. Had my first written one today. :(

• Like 1

Wait until A-Levels and higher Degrees, get's way more fun then....and Looooooooonger.

• Like 2

GCSEs. Had my first written one today. :(

Good luck! Stay away from FOC, and study hard ;)

• Like 1

^ Need link to Judge.

I deleted the video but here's a screenshot of the position the driver was in for over 60 seconds.

post-63654-0-64087900-1430829578_thumb.p

As you can see, traffic is having to go around him.

I also added extra context to the video description. The footage was taken on my road, the guy driving is one of my neighbours and he understands the traffic flow on this extremely busy road. It's not uncommon for half a dozen ambulances to go past every hour, in fact, before he pulled out, an ambulance drove past him.

People who don't indicate:

Whether it be changing lanes,

On roundabouts,

Turning into junctions when I'm waiting to turn OUT! All those people need to be arrested on the spot and taken to the frisky shower wing of prison for a week! That'll make them remember next time!!!

• Like 2

^ 7/10 good effort, truth be told I very rarely indicate unless it's very busy, cba with it plus my indicators are now on the right and makes quite hard work, got annoying after a week of turning the wipers on.

People who don't indicate:

Whether it be changing lanes,

On roundabouts,

Turning into junctions when I'm waiting to turn OUT! All those people need to be arrested on the spot and taken to the frisky shower rapists wing of prison for a week! That'll make them remember next time!!!

Exactly! If I'm at a roundabout and people aren't indicating, I won't move.

I'm not budging unless I know exactly what people are about to do

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club