Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

bought an all in one hp printer for less than the o.e cartridges when it runs out. so cheaper to buy a new printer with ink than the ink alone. lol

• Like 2

bought an all in one hp printer for less than the o.e cartridges when it runs out. so cheaper to buy a new printer with ink than the ink alone. lol

I've actually done that, remembering you only get half full cartridges normally. I bought a printer used it until the ink ran out and went to buy more and ended coming back with the new printer. Sold the other one on a local site for half the price I bought the new one for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I don't like that the clip on my parcel shelf just disintegrated. Now the shelf doesn't lift smoothly and can sometimes be troublesome to get it to sit right.

I don't like being absolutely exhausted after only a few hours of cleaning up the house!  I really am out of shape, that's for sure...

I don't like being absolutely exhausted after only a few hours of cleaning up the house!  I really am out of shape, that's for sure...

Or your place is really messy [emoji6]

10 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Ink on the other hand. Feck me Epson ink is twice the price of say HP ink (and much more than the sauce lol)

Too true!

I bought my Epson printer & A4 colour scanner (with non-Epson ink in it, which was fine), for less than the cost of 1 set of Epson cartridges. Something is stinkingly wrong thereohmy.png.

I think the EU bureaucrats have been investigating this con trick, but thanks to powerful lobbying from the likes of Epson & other massive corporations, I doubt if anything much will happen.

In the meantime, millions of working printers will go in the bin, just because the ink is so ****** expensive.

• Like 1

I've just had an unnerving experience around 20 minutes ago.

at 21:00 our 8yr old daughter came down from her bedroom to get a glass of water and took it to bed,

At the time I was in the living room and the wife was out the back garden putting cloths in the dryer which is in the shed.

I met our daughter in the hall way on her way back up stairs and said goodnight.

I later went to check on them at 22:00 and they were asleep.

then at 23:20 I'm still in the living room watching television, I hear stomping steps coming down the stairs initially thought it was my wife and the steps continued in to the kitchen,

I went out to request that she walk more ninja style given the time of night.

but to my shock l went in to the kitchen and it's our 8 year old daughter standing still and staring at the kitchen table 😦

I said "are you ok?" And there was no response just blankly staring at the kitchen table, I said "are you ok?" 

She slurred to say "I'm waiting"

I said "waiting for what"

She said "waiting for mammy" 

although I knew her mother was in bed I asked "where is she" she said "she's in the shed" and continued staring at the table 😟

I blessed myself and quietly ran up stairs and told the wife whom came down immediately to find out daughter still in the kitchen arms down by her side just staring at the table,😨

The wife put her arm around her and took her back to bed where she got in to bed and went back to sleep within 2 minutes.

The wife says she was asleep the whole time and won't remember anything tomorrow but I'm completely freaked the hall out.

she's never done anything like this before in her entire life 

It can be very unnerving when children sleep walk, not that I've had much experience. Your wife is most likely right, she won't remember a thing about it tomorrow. This often happens when they are extremely tired and your wife did exactly the right thing, gently leading her back to her bed rather than waking her up. It can also happen if they are unwell and have a fever. I remember my sister once went to bed without eating her dinner - she wouldn't eat what she was given so she got nothing (obviously before that was child abuse), my mum found her in the middle of her room mixing an imaginary pot with an imaginary spoon saying she was making pudding! I would keep an eye on things and make sure all external doors are locked at night and keys placed out of her reach. Don't freak out, easy for me to say I know but it's probably a one off. Personally I wouldn't ask her about it unless she says anything, if she thinks she is doing strange things in her sleep she may be anxious about going back to bed.

• Like 2

On a lighter side of children sleep walking stories...

I once slept walked down the stairs with my duvet around myself and proceeded to go out of the front door (don't worry I got stuck in the porch as somehow I was fooled by the flimsy outer door :tongue:). My reason was apparently I was late for the train! :wacko:

Best sleep walking episode was the trip to the kitchen in which I proceeded to pee in the dustbin. My dad was in the living room and could see the top of me over the breakfast bar and could obviously hear the sound of running water but didn't twig that it wasn't the tap.

Oh and to keep this thread on topic...

I don't like being (almost every other day at the same location coming home from work) being cut up by impatient twonks who speed past in an outside filter lane to force themselves one car further up the road into slow moving/stationary traffic. Bell end candidate tonight was an 2001 Audi A3.

• Like 2

i used so sleep walk alot according to my parents, with my pillow walking down 2 lots of stairs into hallway, a few circles in hallway and back upstairs to bed . i was completely unaware until the next day when i was told . this carried on for a few years.

• Like 1

I've never sleep walked in my life, but I expect that is because I'm too lazy... :laugh:

• Like 2

Never actually sleepwalked per se but have fallen asleep WHILST walking before.
Way back when I was in the military I was on exercise and after 4 days & nights with zero kip I was moving down a narrow road at might on a training area with deep ditches either side.
Eyelids got too heavy to lift and next thing I know I'm in a 4 foot deep ditch and couldn't get out unaided due to a 55lb pack and a 28lb machine gun on top of me.
Not fun.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Apparently I nearly peed on my sister in my sleep once...I got lost going to the bathroom :laugh:

Mum caught me just in time lol

My dislike: I'm dieing with a horrific case of the man-flu...but according to my other half "it's just a cold"

Haven't been to to man-the-chuff-up yet though lol

• Like 4

Mountune. I don't like mountune coz I wrote to them politely asking if they did tuning stuff for my ecoboost tit x sport mondeo. I got an abrupt email back saying they don't.
I can't understand why a tuning outfit does stuff for one model but not another with the same effing engine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tazzman600 said:

Mountune. I don't like mountune coz I wrote to them politely asking if they did tuning stuff for my ecoboost tit x sport mondeo. I got an abrupt email back saying they don't.
I can't understand why a tuning outfit does stuff for one model but not another with the same effing engine.

They may say that don't but if its the same engine then any mechanical parts such as a short shift linkage should fit as it will be the same. 

There Mk2 RS focus air box lid will fit my mk2.5 focus 1.6TDCi but if I email to ask that would also tell me no and is yes they have some aswell as Samco hoses that said no too.

Yeah I suppose so Lenny but there may be issues with mount brackets being different for focus and mondeo on things like bigger better intercoolers etc.

• Like 1

I don't like having to drive the 405 on the one day that Scotland has got a hard frost!!  I do miss Quick Clear...

• Like 1

On 20/02/2017 at 0:47 AM, Tdci-Peter said:

Too true!

I bought my Epson printer & A4 colour scanner (with non-Epson ink in it, which was fine), for less than the cost of 1 set of Epson cartridges. Something is stinkingly wrong thereohmy.png.

I think the EU bureaucrats have been investigating this con trick, but thanks to powerful lobbying from the likes of Epson & other massive corporations, I doubt if anything much will happen.

In the meantime, millions of working printers will go in the bin, just because the ink is so ****** expensive.

On the inkjet printer front, get a continuous flow system (AKA C.i.S.S)  for your specific printer and then you can dispense with cartridges all together.  You have external ink tanks (or 1L+ bottles for each colour) that feed into a modified cartridge  They are extensively used by the photography studios.

The Canon engine which is used by both Canon themselves and Epson for the printers, is easier to adapt to a CFS than the print engines used by Lexmark and HP, owing to the head design.  My total ink costs per year, for my Epson 1290 with a continuous flow system were £25, for printing at around 10% coverage, on up to A3+ size paper, and printing an average of 25-30 sheets a day..  Which was roughly a 6 litres of ink

DG Films of Manchester were the source of both my CFS and all my ink. They trade on eBay and amazon as signalinkjet as well as their own web site, and depot 

On 22/02/2017 at 8:37 PM, SeanW said:

Apparently I nearly peed on my sister in my sleep once...I got lost going to the bathroom :laugh:

I had a few years of that, between the ages of 8 and 10; sleepwalking and getting lost on the way too the loo: but unlike you I actually did pee on various sleeping family members. :ohmy:

My Dad was the unlucky recipient of many of my nocturnal showers.  What was strange, in order to get to my parents rooms and commence urinating on them was that I passed both the bathroom and a separate loo on my sleepwalk!

• Like 3

I don't like Facebook sending out friend requests on my behalf!!! :angry:

43 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like Facebook sending out friend requests on my behalf!!! :angry:

So that actually happens!?  My Mother had that occur to her (apparently) a year ago and got paranoid that her account was being hacked.  I put it down to submitting requests after one too many glasses of wine and then forgetting about it!!

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

So that actually happens!?  My Mother had that occur to her (apparently) a year ago and got paranoid that her account was being hacked.  I put it down to submitting requests after one too many glasses of wine and then forgetting about it!!

Certainly does happen! 3 or 4 times in the last few months I have got a notification saying that so and so has accepted my friend request.......that I didn't send! 

5 hours ago, GMX said:

On the inkjet printer front, get a continuous flow system (AKA C.i.S.S)  for your specific printer

I had heard of CISS, but assumed it was an expensive option for expensive printers. A quick Google shows this may not now be the case:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CISS-CIS-Continuous-Ink-System-Fits-Epson-Stylus-S22-SX125-SX130-SX235W-NON-OEM-/251591389695

If my aging Canon BJ-230 bites the dust, and its paper feed is becoming increasingly temperamental, then that is an option worth looking at. I have always utterly detested these expensive throw-away cartridge systems!

Bulk ink is really very cheap, in comparison.

And the ink does come off your fingers, after a week or so! (Why it gets on them I do not know, I plan to avoid it, but something always goes a bit wrong, and fingers are black (or CMY) before you know what has happened ohmy.png.)

I still have an old bjc85 knocking aroubd in my shed, excellent portable printer.
I had the optional scanner cartridge for it as well.
There are still cartridges for the Canon bj and bjc ranges available on eBay.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I still have an old bjc85 knocking aroubd in my shed, excellent portable printer.
I had the optional scanner cartridge for it as well.
There are still cartridges for the Canon bj and bjc ranges available on ebay.

😯wish I had a bj in my shed 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

😯wish I had a bj in my shed 

lol :smile:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club