Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK4 Tyers

Ninja12

Hi All, ive got little Fiesta Fusion MK4 1.25, i was wondering why this thing is so rapid, i friend of mine had a fiesta, same reg (s) as mine but his was just a basic model, maybe an LX, i let him drive it and he was shocked at the difference in the speed difference.

I never thought anything about it because i drive it everyday but i was on my way home one evening and the roads where prety clear and there was a Saxo VTi 1.6 in front of me swurving all over the place, i wanted to over take him but he kept blocking me, so we got to a round about and the lane split into 2 and we both floored it with me being about 10 feet behind, by the time we got half way down the road, i was passing him at almost 100mph and still pulling :unsure: i thought to my self "that was a 1.6" the car was about the same size as mine in body size.

The problem i find is, the small 13" tyers on the car really dont cut it for grip, since our summer has been wet as always. I was coming down a hill the other day going to work abou 25mph and slowing for the lights with cars infront of me, (pretty steep hill), applied the brakes to slow and the front brakes locked and i slide, i had to turn into the other lane to stop my self hitting the car infront... What tyers can i put on this car to get more grip?? i was advised maybe some 14" but how much wider are they to 13"???

So advice as to why this thing is so rapid to other models of its age and what tyers can i put on it to help in the wet?

14" tyres won't fit 13" wheels. if you want 14"s get some alloys off the mk4 zetec from a scrap yard and fit some decent tyres to em. i have a mk4 zetec with 14"s and find it handles perfectly.

now on the power issue maybe it has a new exhaust system? airfilter? chipped? maybe even all 3? open up your bonnet and have a good look around,

Hi All, ive got little Fiesta Fusion MK4 1.25, i was wondering why this thing is so rapid, i friend of mine had a fiesta, same reg (s) as mine but his was just a basic model, maybe an LX, i let him drive it and he was shocked at the difference in the speed difference.

Sounds like your friend has the old 1.3 engine - the 1.25 is a totally different breed of engine and just blows the doors off 1.3s. Surprised more than a few drivers of bigger performance cars with the acceleration of my little car.

I've driven two R reg 1.25s (Encore and LX) and been a passenger in an R reg 1.3 and a 51 (Mk 5) 1.3 and I was wondering why they were driving so slow and waiting for such big gaps at junctions/roundabouts - turns out it was the distinct lack of power and performance!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club