Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Getting my driving lessons booked, one on the track on 5th March (also pick up dad's car on same day) and one for my birthday! :biggrin:

1 minute ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Getting my driving lessons booked, one on the track on 5th March (also pick up dad's car on same day) and one for my birthday! :biggrin:

That's great - I hope they go well!  I've only had two so far (being busy with work and the stupid hours) but they both went well and I feel that I gained a lot.  Although £26 is considered quite expensive, for the amount of knowledge and experience I am gaining from it, I don't think it is an unreasonable price at all.  If I had the money I'd happily pay the instructor £30 per lesson. 

Cheers! Yes lessons are expensive, but the knowledge you gain is invaluable. It's good the instructor is teaching you well!

Being taught to drive is good for passing a test...but you don't really start learning until you're out there on your own... :wink: 

• Like 3

MY job.  No that is not sarcasm either lol.  Supposed to have clocked out at half 10, went and checked pre calvers.  3!!! End result is, I've just got in, covered in blood, straw, cow cat juices, excrement & straw, off for a shower & then bed then back at work for 5am.  Generally wouldn't have it any other way, well except maybe not up at 5

• Like 2

I thoroughly enjoy my job too.

I know that slogging through wet, cold fields and woods looking for POI and general miscreants or chasing down the scum of the country may not appeal to many but I get a great deal of satisfaction when I have a pair of cuffs on someone that really deserves it.

Me n the dogs make a good team and it's a real pleasure to feel like I'm making a real difference.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

I know that slogging through wet, cold fields and woods looking for POI and general miscreants or chasing down the scum of the country may not appeal to many but I get a great deal of satisfaction when I have a pair of cuffs on someone that really deserves it.

Me n the dogs make a good team and it's a real pleasure to feel like I'm making a real difference.

If only the judiciary was as effective as most of our police officers, i had a mate in the MPS who would go beyond the call to arrest pondlife, only to see social workers mitigate & out the of touch judicial system hand down a slap on the wrist instead of capital punishment . . . :mellow:

• Like 2

If only the judiciary was as effective as most of our police officers, i had a mate in the MPS who would go beyond the call to arrest pondlife, only to see social workers mitigate & out the of touch judicial system hand down a slap on the wrist instead of capital punishment . . . :mellow:

...sort of why I enjoy the concept of Judge Dredd so much...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ianb said:

...sort of why I enjoy the concept of Judge Dredd so much...

& Logans run . . . .

• Like 1

Totally agree.

Unfortunately all I can do is present the evidence and pass it to CPS.

Once there it's their decision as to whether it goes further.

Bleeding heart liberal social workers can't seem to see the bad in anyone unfortunately and give poor johnny burglar all the breaks whilst basically calling us jackbooted fascists.

I'd like to see what they say when they find johnny burglar shinning out their kitchen window with their jewellery in his pockets.

• Like 3

Totally agree.

Unfortunately all I can do is present the evidence and pass it to CPS.

Once there it's their decision as to whether it goes further.

Bleeding heart liberal social workers can't seem to see the bad in anyone unfortunately and give poor johnny burglar all the breaks whilst basically calling us jackbooted fascists.

I'd like to see what they say when they find johnny burglar shinning out their kitchen window with their jewellery in his pockets.

Yup, totally ridiculous, don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of these burglars and general crims have had troubles in their life, however everyone has had a moment of relative breakdown in their lives and there are many really good people who have started out life badly... So it makes me want to vomit when suddenly the burglar is the REAL victim in the crime:

"He wouldn't have done it, if it wasn't for that family having nice things!!!, he saw those nice things and felt so sad that he didn't have them, that he broke in and took them, so you see yer honour, it was really the families fault!"

• Like 2

Did you guys see Pro Greens documentary on homeless people the other night?  It was quite interesting tbh, one girl had been made homeless and turned to drink/drugs as the only way of coping, that obviously leads to theft...  I'm in no way condoning it, but it's a lot more complicated than it seems.  Must admit I do get a bit irritated by the people that can't see some people are broken beyond fixing though.

Prison isn't the answer either...what does keeping someone confined for years do?  They won't know how to get back into society when they leave so will most likely offend again.  Either that or they spend all the time getting fitter in the prison gym ready for bigger 'jobs' when they leave...

• Like 1

Chain gangs ;)

Tbh I've been into prisons and the beggars have it cushy.

No more slopping out and uniforms.

If PO's don't treat the inmates with respect then they complain and the PO gets a right bollocking.

• Like 1

Chain gangs ;)

Tbh I've been into prisons and the beggars have it cushy.

No more slopping out and uniforms.

If PO's don't treat the inmates with respect then they complain and the PO gets a right bollocking.

To be fair working isn't a bad idea, I hear outrageous values batted about when it comes to council menial tasks such as flower planting - gardening etc... I heard (rightly or wrongly) that to seed a roundabout with wild flowers it cost nearly £18,000 I mean... Seed for crying out loud! Find a dryish day, drag the crooks out of clink and have them wondering around chucking seeds at each other... They get the fresh air, they get the see the fruits of their labour (to some degree) and its a public service which people may actually thank them for...

Scrubbing graffiti, picking up roadside litter... All stuff that people would appreciate...

As for the homeless girl who turned to drink n drugs... There is an element of choice there.. I don't suggest homeless shelters are wonderful places, but that is an option.. There is always something - becoming an alky or a crack head just because you can't cope is a poor excuse and I don't feel why I should deal with 'my car window' being smashed because prat made some bad choices in their life...

...not that it's ever happened to me..

• Like 1

My Mum used to work at a local Community Centre where the Probation service placed people doing Community service.

They were primarily involved with the community garden out the back.  Over the years it grew from a patch of dodgy grass and tarmac into a lovely multi-zoned garden.

They're still involved - and still worked hard!!  The majority of them have turned around and said that they feel they're giving more back to the community by doing that rather than walking round painting railings.  Few of them stayed on as volunteers after they'd finished their community service as well.

• Like 1

£18k to plant a roundabout?  Wonder if they'd contract that to me lol...

As I say I don't condone the behaviour - in fact it scares me that there are people probably nearby in these situations that will do anything to get by, but it's a series of events/bad choices etc, never know what's around the corner for any of us.  This particular girl did eventually end up in a shelter and is now part of the team that runs one. 

Community service is a far better idea than prison for a lot of crims imo, my Grandad used to lead a few guys on CS around his village maintaining footpaths, hedges, etc. :smile:

I guess it's the ****s that beat the living daylights out of some poor old bloke for a tenner that I'd like to see hang.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

I guess it's the ****s that beat the living daylights out of some poor old bloke for a tenner that I'd like to see hang.

Sometimes they get more than they've bargained for....:smile:

A few years ago, one of my Dad's mates who at the time was 86, having visited the bank and done a bit of shopping, was followed down the underpass by a couple such types. They were in their late teens early twenties. He was aware they were following him but wasn't unduly concerned. One of them sped up to overtake him: the other loitered behind. The overtaker suddenly turned round and lunged at my Dad's mate holding him up against the wall by his collar and demanded his wallet and phone.  This may have the last thing the mugger remembered.:laugh: 

For although he was 86 and resembled an old bloke, which he undoubtedly was, he was also an ex-RM platoon sergeant, he kept up his fitness and still boxed among other things

Mr Mugger forgot in his moment of mugging, that both his hands were occupied with collar grabbing, his centre of gravity was slightly out of balance with his lunge and his certain parts of his torso were undefended. :laugh:

He suddenly found himself in rapid succession being jabbed in the kidneys, kneed in the balls, poked in his eye and kicked forcefully across his shins, causing him keel over backwards. Trying to stand up again, he found himself kicked over and had his right hand stamped on.  Whereupon he burst into tears like a toddler whose tantrum had failed miserably.

Meanwhile his loitering accomplice assistant mugger took flight, as my Dad's mate's gaze turned towards the him  and he ran away back out the underpass.

My Dad's mate told him before they departed that he only had himself to blame and to go tell all his mugging mates that he was beaten up by an 86 year old.  Should their paths ever cross again in a similar circumstance, Mr Mugger would forfeit his ability to father a family and would find himself with some life-changing injuries; if he was lucky

• Like 4

I know of a couple good stories regarding muggers ending up on the wrong end of things. I also knew of an old man who used to walk round with a walking stick which was actually a sword stick... Whilst illegal, his argument was "better in front of a judge than dead" apparently he flashed it to one would be trouble maker who immediately backed off...

Edit: changed that to 'knew' the old fella died years ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Sometimes they get more than they've bargained for....:smile:

A few years ago, one of my Dad's mates who at the time was 86, having visited the bank and done a bit of shopping, was followed down the underpass by a couple such types. They were in their late teens early twenties. He was aware they were following him but wasn't unduly concerned. One of them sped up to overtake him: the other loitered behind. The overtaker suddenly turned round and lunged at my Dad's mate holding him up against the wall by his collar and demanded his wallet and phone.  This may have the last thing the mugger remembered.:laugh: 

For although he was 86 and resembled an old bloke, which he undoubtedly was, he was also an ex-RM platoon sergeant, he kept up his fitness and still boxed among other things

Mr Mugger forgot in his moment of mugging, that both his hands were occupied with collar grabbing, his centre of gravity was slightly out of balance with his lunge and his certain parts of his torso were undefended. :laugh:

He suddenly found himself in rapid succession being jabbed in the kidneys, kneed in the balls, poked in his eye and kicked forcefully across his shins, causing him keel over backwards. Trying to stand up again, he found himself kicked over and had his right hand stamped on.  Whereupon he burst into tears like a toddler whose tantrum had failed miserably.

Meanwhile his loitering accomplice assistant mugger took flight, as my Dad's mate's gaze turned towards the him  and he ran away back out the underpass.

My Dad's mate told him before they departed that he only had himself to blame and to go tell all his mugging mates that he was beaten up by an 86 year old.  Should their paths ever cross again in a similar circumstance, Mr Mugger would forfeit his ability to father a family and would find himself with some life-changing injuries; if he was lucky

If only all muggers could have such a reception!

• Like 1

I do like giving the flat a deep clean as it was too cold to do the car!

Not so keen on the fact I now can't breathe through the haze of many aerosols and chemicals that probably shouldn't be mixing in a confined space though. :laugh:

I do like the sunny but otherwise cold day we had: even if I couldn't utilise it's dryness for something car orientated or give the lawn a quick trim. At least Brandy didn't get soaked on her bathroom trips to the garden.

Met Office are forecasting the same again all weekend for Dorset

I do like receiving this in the post today...

All I've got to do now is get my driving licence so I can drive the thing!

I also like receiving £7.50 Tesco clubcard vouchers just for getting petrol from there (at the cheapest prices in town too).  Basically free money, if you consider that I could have filled up at another petrol station at a HIGHER price per litre with no rewards scheme. 

As for the argument "Tesco fuel is poor quality and kills your fuel system!", absolute rubbish!  We have used Tesco for fuel since 2008 and none of our vehicles have ever required a fuel filter or pump replacement, nor have the engines been adversely affected.