Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Ermm.... I'd personally be hesitant to post that much detail online.... Name, address, document numbers, previous owner name and address....

I know you mean well... But the Internet is full of *****

47 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Ermm.... I'd personally be hesitant to post that much detail online.... Name, address, document numbers, previous owner name and address....

Indeed it is, but it is nothing that isn't available for free online these days (if you know where to look). 

I'm not at all ignorant or naive, just couldn't care less. 

I do like reduced Tesco Finest chicken legs and drumsticks, baked with herbs and spices.  A nice late-night treat...

WP_20160212_23_18_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.0f0f7

• Like 2

I do like the film Legend, it is absolutely brilliant and has become my favourite film.  

Indeed it is, but it is nothing that isn't available for free online these days (if you know where to look). 

Friend of mine learnt that the hard way :D

I do like this rich fruit cake that I made to bring down the quantity of vine fruit I had in the dry fruit cupboard.

It's not unlike a pudding in moistness and fruitiness yet still warm from the oven:smile:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like this rich fruit cake that I made to bring down the quantity of vine fruit I had in the dry fruit cupboard.

It's not unlike a pudding in moistness and fruitiness yet still warm from the oven:smile:

If I lived within 100 miles of you Ghana, I'd be dropping by for a slice!!  It has been too long since I've eaten home-made fruit cake. 

9 hours ago, SeanW said:

Friend of mine learnt that the hard way :D

Lol...  Just waiting for Jamie to end up with subscriptions to female magazines and many free samples of incontinence pads now... :laugh:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GMX said:

Mother in law is supposed to be making me a fruit cake, that & Spaghetti carbonara is the only thing she makes that is nice lol, not very good when she is a farmers wife & her daughter is following in her footsteps haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol...  Just waiting for Jamie to end up with subscriptions to female magazines and many free samples of incontinence pads now... :laugh:

In addition to my current subscriptions? :wink:

Never one to pass up on a free sample, me...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Mother in law is supposed to be making me a fruit cake, that & Spaghetti carbonara is the only thing she makes that is nice lol, not very good when she is a farmers wife & her daughter is following in her footsteps haha

Well, at least that is two things.  I know people who couldn't make a pot-noodle even with the instructions!

• Like 1

I like checking my Barclaycard account to find that (surprisingly) the customer service adviser I spoke to was doing her job and refunded the two erroneous charges.  Wonders never cease!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Well, at least that is two things.  I know people who couldn't make a pot-noodle even with the instructions!

I don't understand how people can't cook, a few people I went to school with ( you know the toffee nosed ones) put pictures up of their attempts of cake and they are so proud of their failure.  I'm sat there thinking are you that Jeffing stupid.  It's a basic Victoria sponge lol, some of the cakes me and Cheryl can make, same for meals, I make a Lasagne that with the Bechamel sauce takes about 3 hrs to make, same for the Chocolate cake.  Cheryl(depending on Soya presence) makes some really nice meals & biscuits

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Preecematt said:

I don't understand how people can't cook, a few people I went to school with ( you know the toffee nosed ones) put pictures up of their attempts of cake and they are so proud of their failure.  I'm sat there thinking are you that Jeffing stupid.  It's a basic Victoria sponge lol, some of the cakes me and Cheryl can make, same for meals, I make a Lasagne that with the Bechamel sauce takes about 3 hrs to make, same for the Chocolate cake.  Cheryl(depending on Soya presence) makes some really nice meals & biscuits

To you and I it is a basic skill, but to others it is just too hard to master.  I suppose I can kind of understand, in that there are people who work with numbers and find it easy but I couldn't even do basic division. 

I do like, despite my post in the "don't like" thread last night saying I couldn't sell the Primera, arranging to view a Peugeot 405 tomorrow afternoon...  405s are so rare these days that I couldn't pass up the chance to at least view it.  If I can get the price down, the Nissan may end up for sale very soon... 

By comparison though, the Primera is an "A to B" car that is designed to serve a basic purpose and then eventually be scrapped, whereas the 405 is a car that is already becoming a classic and could actually appreciate in value if the aesthetic and mechanical condition is maintained.

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

To you and I it is a basic skill, but to others it is just too hard to master.  I suppose I can kind of understand, in that there are people who work with numbers and find it easy but I couldn't even do basic division. 

I can do maths.. Suppose it's part of the job really but you get anything more complicated than Ratio's & BODMAS then I'm lost.   

11 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

Maths? that's what calculators are for

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

What's a calculator?  I never got to see one of those at school.  It was for the more privileged student.  I Like New orders music complete album 

I like that the chap in Machine Mart kept by a Clarke HD jump Start 4000, after I phoned to check whether they had any in stock,:smile: it's a bit awkward to get too and there's hardly any where to park when you do - too close to a school with no staff parking (week days) and surrounded by flats with no off road parking too (weekends)

I also like they honoured their warranty on the Pro range, similar to Snap-On, if it fails during it's lifetime: it's replaced.  My ¼" drive socket wrench wore it's ball off, it was swapped for a new one:smile:

I also liked finding Brandy's food supplier was doing a special one day only bogof on bags of chicken necks, I have bought two freezer drawers worth:smile: for the price of one:biggrin: 

My new alternator is here:smile:, albeit delivered to the wrong road.  I'm still waiting for the Gates belt kit which is coming from a different motor factor in Glasgow and by a different courier.

@Preecematt  What's BODMAS?  -

Bovines on Detrimental Anabolic Steroids??

Big Old Dairy Maids Are Sexy?

Body Odour Determines Moo's Anxious State?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GMX said:

I like that the chap in Machine Mart kept by a Clarke HD jump Start 4000, after I phoned to check whether they had any in stock,:smile: it's a bit awkward to get too and there's hardly any where to park when you do - too close to a school with no staff parking (week days) and surrounded by flats with no off road parking too (weekends)

I also like they honoured their warranty on the Pro range, similar to Snap-On, if it fails during it's lifetime: it's replaced.  My ¼" drive socket wrench wore it's ball off, it was swapped for a new one:smile:

I also liked finding Brandy's food supplier was doing a special one day only bogof on bags of chicken necks, I have bought two freezer drawers worth:smile: for the price of one:biggrin: 

My new alternator is here:smile:, albeit delivered to the wrong road.  I'm still waiting for the Gates belt kit which is coming from a different motor factor in Glasgow and by a different courier.

@Preecematt  What's BODMAS?  -

Bovines on Detrimental Anabolic Steroids??

Big Old Dairy Maids Are Sexy?

Body Odour Determines Moo's Anxious State?

Haha!  I love your acronyms Ghana, I really do.

• Like 3

Brackets, Indicies, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction....

Much easier to let the calculator do it though! :biggrin:

Funny how when we were at school we're told 'you won't have a calculator with you everywhere in life'...  Err, I'd say most of the population now carries a phone with a calculator on it... :laugh:  Though people do give me funny looks when I'm stood in the washing powder aisle with the calculator out trying to to work out which is best value for money... :wink:

• Like 1

We weren't allowed to use calculators when I was at school unless it was for the most complex of equations.

I still know beggar all about sines, cosines and tangents but I can add up a long column of numbers in a flash (essential skill when I used to do shop work and the cashing up books many moons ago).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mine is better due to some of the engineering studies I did. Mental maths suddenly became easy when I realised what hard actually was...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club