Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I like my new phone - Sony Xperia Z3 :) loving the 20.4MP camera on it

Use to own one of those!! It was brilliant until it, my ar5e and the stairs all had a disagreement :(

Ah the stairs and backside argument. Sadly anything that stands between these two never wins... I can say from great experience...

Had a boat returned yesterday (been away for a refurbishment and new engine)

Of course, I just had to ensure that the work was of a good standard...which obviously meant a test run...or two...

At a fair pace I presume?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I do like that the hyped up 'Buster Bathroom Plug Unblocker' actually works!  Had a slow draining shower tray waste for a good few months now, not really sure why as I'm not overly hairy and don't shave in there so it's not shaving foam either.  Anyway, tried Soda crystals as my nan suggested but that didn't work.  Then saw this stuff was on offer in Sainsburys so thought I'd give it a go...left it overnight and it's fully clear this morning!! :biggrin:

I also like the service from amazon (contrary to Jace in the 'don't like' thread), ordered a clutch kit for the 306 at 11pm Saturday night as it was cheaper than anywhere else, chose the free delivery...and it was waiting in my 'safe place' when I got home yesterday!  I would've fitted it today if the weather hadn't come over so wet. :sad: 

• Like 1

Although not usually a desirable experience, it's so hot and humid this morning, Brandy and I had a very pleasing (and refreshing) morning walk in in the heavy spring rain.  It was 18°C when we set forth and it felt like around 95% humidity.

I note from both the Met Office and Accuweather, that we are forecasted to have it all day and into Wednesday too

I almost bought an Xperia Z3 when I decided to change my phone.  The only reason I didn't in the end, and bought an LG G3 was every retailer I approached was out of stock with a month's lead time for new stock.  I also got the G3 with a substantial discount as the G4 was about to be launched.

47 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like that the hyped up 'Buster Bathroom Plug Unblocker' actually works!

That's interesting to know:smile: 

I too, have found all the other "unblockers in a bottle" fail to do work.  The modern take on the old-fashioned plunger, essentially a chamber you pump up, place over the offending hole and release the trigger, works to some degree.  However, I usually end up dismantling the pipes all the way to the drain and then remove the crud by hand; with a teaspoon and bottle brush.  Washing each and every section in before reassembling.

Although my regular blockee (??) is not the in the bathroom but the main sink in the kitchen.  Which seems to clog up every couple months.  It's a mystery as to why:unsure:

All the usual drain clogging suspects don't go down my plughole, they all go to the compost bin, or in the case of cooked food waste and all the waste oil from pans; double bagged and binned.  It's only used grey water with varying quantities of soap.  Being in a hard water area does contribute lime scale but not enough, i would've thought to clog.

@Preecematt Marathon running can become addictive, once you've done one: you'll want to do another, and then couple more, judging by my brother and SIL. 

What started as a one-off (London marathon in 2001), then a few a year, has become a regular weekend event, even planning their holidays around international marathons.recently marathons on their own have not become enough, they've added endurance running (double and multiple marathons) in one go, often carrying weight to make it more challenging.

They're wanting to that one across the desert in North Africa next year, popular with ex-special forces and the hardened distance runners:ohmy: i think it takes about a week to complete: if you don't get lost:sad:  Some competitors do get lost, particular when a sandstorm strike up:wacko:

I do like getting the 405 running again, thanks to a £6.99 set of jump leads from B&M.  Worked first try, without even bringing the Hyundai's engine speed above 600RPM!  The only negative is that they are so short, the noses of both cars had to be almost touching to make a connection. 

Having had to be a passenger (in the Santa Fe) for two journeys whilst the Peugeot was immobile, made me realise how much I miss driving...  That, and how scary my mother's driving is :laugh:

Also to add, I like filling said Hyundai with a £60 of premium unleaded and seeing the fuel gauge at full.  I'd better enjoy that while it lasts, because in 150 miles it'll be down to 1/2!!

7 hours ago, GMX said:

Although not usually a desirable experience, it's so hot and humid this morning, Brandy and I had a very pleasing (and refreshing) morning walk in in the heavy spring rain.  It was 18°C when we set forth and it felt like around 95% humidity.

I note from both the Met Office and Accuweather, that we are forecasted to have it all day and into Wednesday too

I almost bought an Xperia Z3 when I decided to change my phone.  The only reason I didn't in the end, and bought an LG G3 was every retailer I approached was out of stock with a month's lead time for new stock.  I also got the G3 with a substantial discount as the G4 was about to be launched.

That's interesting to know:smile: 

I too, have found all the other "unblockers in a bottle" fail to do work.  The modern take on the old-fashioned plunger, essentially a chamber you pump up, place over the offending hole and release the trigger, works to some degree.  However, I usually end up dismantling the pipes all the way to the drain and then remove the crud by hand; with a teaspoon and bottle brush.  Washing each and every section in before reassembling.

Although my regular blockee (??) is not the in the bathroom but the main sink in the kitchen.  Which seems to clog up every couple months.  It's a mystery as to why:unsure:

All the usual drain clogging suspects don't go down my plughole, they all go to the compost bin, or in the case of cooked food waste and all the waste oil from pans; double bagged and binned.  It's only used grey water with varying quantities of soap.  Being in a hard water area does contribute lime scale but not enough, i would've thought to clog.

@Preecematt Marathon running can become addictive, once you've done one: you'll want to do another, and then couple more, judging by my brother and SIL. 

What started as a one-off (London marathon in 2001), then a few a year, has become a regular weekend event, even planning their holidays around international marathons.recently marathons on their own have not become enough, they've added endurance running (double and multiple marathons) in one go, often carrying weight to make it more challenging.

They're wanting to that one across the desert in North Africa next year, popular with ex-special forces and the hardened distance runners:ohmy: i think it takes about a week to complete: if you don't get lost:sad:  Some competitors do get lost, particular when a sandstorm strike up:wacko:

I can't imagine me going into those extremities lol.  I'd like to do the London marathon at one point but I think I'll learn to walk before I can run.  It's just something I've had the urge to do for a few months & I Thought if I don't book it I won't do it.  

7 hours ago, GMX said:

Just goes to show how everybody is different, eh?

I'd far rather be a spectator, in a comfy seat with a bottle of beer and a King Edward!

The only time I've ever ran in my adult life was for a bus, and I haven't done that for years (thankfully).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I'd far rather be a spectator, in a comfy seat with a bottle of beer and a King Edward!

The potato or the cigar?:unsure:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GMX said:

Haha!!  You do make me laugh Ghana. 

• Like 1

I do rather like the music of a band I recently discovered, following a You Tube suggestion, the New Orleans based band "Hurray for the Riff Raff".  So much so, I've bought all of their albums including having to personally import two from the US; which weren't available here.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GMX said:

:laugh: Completely irrelevant, but my school is called King Edwards! :tongue:

• Like 2

I do like the package, or rather the contents of the package DHL have just delivered.:biggrin:

I now have a bag of Geka hose tails from Germany, an upgrade for my irrigation network:yahoo:

They are vastly superior to the hose click-on/click-off couplings of Hozelock, Gardena and the like make

I do like that the scraper on the loader at work has been fixed.  We only use it in one shed & from said shed down to a collecting yard.  But said scraper does the shed in 2 runs(14ft wide, fully extended) & takes 3 minutes either side & it does the yard outside in 3 runs.  It has had a new rubber fitted & last night I had to use the tractor which took 20 minutes.  Feet up tonight at work then ha

I do like using the £10 of "Love To Shop" vouchers I got from work, at Halfords.  Bought two 5L bottles of concentrated screenwash (BOGOF) and a few Magic Trees.  Only had to pay 50p towards it - fantastic!

• Like 1

I do like that the Hyundai's V6 is running much better now after a tank of premium, bottle of Redex and an oil change.  No more low idling issues or stalling!

• Like 1

I do like discovering another bonnie Scottish village tonight... 

WP_20160513_19_51_06_Pro.jpg

Yes, I know my windscreen is filthy (and chipped)!!  But, the scenery is quite beautiful, especially when you get past the trees and just see the open water and hills in the distance.

• Like 2

I do like having a Saturday off and the weather being glorious...  Finally got the 405 looking good again, after weeks of poor quality jet-washes.  Nothing beats an old fashioned hand wash with a bucket and sponge - just wish I had some wax so I could finish it off, but unfortunately I used the last of my supply on the Volvo last year.

WP_20160514_16_39_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20160514_16_39_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20160514_16_59_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20160514_16_59_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20160514_16_59_52_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good!

I like fitting the new number plates to the Focus, which whilst subtle, look nicer.

I also practiced reversing, reversing round a corner and driving up and down the drive! Can easily get into 2nd, and it was nice to drive the car on my own! (Dad was watching) 

The gear box was very slick, and the clutch was much nicer to use and easier to bite than other cars I've driven.

I do like selling something on eBay on Monday... within about 30 minutes it was sold & the buyer collected this morning for £10.  As such I am now goggling how to turn that £10 into £20.  Any ideas please people?

1 hour ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Looks good!

I like fitting the new number plates to the Focus, which whilst subtle, look nicer.

I also practiced reversing, reversing round a corner and driving up and down the drive! Can easily get into 2nd, and it was nice to drive the car on my own! (Dad was watching) 

The gear box was very slick, and the clutch was much nicer to use and easier to bite than other cars I've driven.

2nd gear on a driveway?  Christ, how big is the driveway!! :laugh:

Going by your signature, in less than 6 weeks you'll be driving it on the road.

Haha the one at dad's is quite long (150 yards) haha!

Yes not long now, it's actually 5 weeks until my birthday today and I plan to go for a quick spin after my driving lesson. :smile:

Got to rent book my driving lesson to fit around during the b****y Biology trip I have to go on on my birthday! Finishes at 5 so will have it after that, thank God June days are long and bright...:wallbash:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Haha the one at dad's is quite long (150 yards) haha!

Yes not long now, it's actually 5 weeks until my birthday today and I plan to go for a quick spin after my driving lesson. :smile:

Got to rent book my driving lesson to fit around during the b****y Biology trip I have to go on on my birthday! Finishes at 5 so will have it after that, thank God June days are long and bright...:wallbash:

It's great having the freedom to drive your own car on the roads, which is pretty much unrestricted as long as you have a supervisor and drive within the usual rules/laws to which all drivers must adhere.  Thank God the UK isn't like some countries where learners are restricted to a lower speed limit!!

My lessons have lapsed lately, due to driving my own car on a daily basis and having to watch my money until pay-day.  I've got my theory test this coming Wednesday and once I get paid on the 27th (providing I've passed the theory!) I'll book my practical test for the soonest available date. Unfortunately it'll be at least 17 weeks from booking due to the waiting times for my area! :ohmy:

Yes it sounds great and I can't wait to try it for myself! 

Oh good luck, I've booked mine for 29th June, may change it but at least I'm on the list. Waiting times for the practical are ridiculous here too. :wallbash:

• Like 1

I do like being able to take Brandy for a proper walk:smile:, having spent the last three days stumbling back and forth between the loo and the duvet.  Brandy having to make do with walking herself round the garden and house.

Although it seems a misuse of a locally premium brewed ale, the slugs and snails prefer to drown in bottled Badger's Poacher Choice and Fursty Ferret rather the canned Fosters and Stella i was using.  It also seems the foxes have left the slug pubs alone, since I switched to ale

Although, following Clive's suggestion, my nursery is ordering me some tiger poo from Exeter? zoo (or was it Torquay? certainly somewhere in Devon that has tigers),  We don't seem to have zoos in Dorset with tigers. There's a bit of an issue with non-trade buyers receiving poo through the post.

Not sure what the cat's will make of it:unsure:

• Like 4

I do like being able to take Brandy for a proper walksmile.png, having spent the last three days stumbling back and forth between the loo and the duvet.  Brandy having to make do with walking herself round the garden and house.

Although it seems a misuse of a locally premium brewed ale, the slugs and snails prefer to drown in bottled Badger's Poacher Choice and Fursty Ferret rather the canned Fosters and Stella i was using.  It also seems the foxes have left the slug pubs alone, since I switched to ale

Although, following Clive's suggestion, my nursery is ordering me some tiger poo from Exeter? zoo (or was it Torquay? certainly somewhere in Devon that has tigers),  We don't seem to have zoos in Dorset with tigers. There's a bit of an issue with non-trade buyers receiving poo through the post.

Not sure what the cat's will make of itunsure.png

Would be Paignton zoo I'd imagine.... I'd offer to drive it up to you, but Clive has an ST so he'd be quicker! :lol:

• Like 2

I do like getting "the beast" cleaned up.  It'll never be a beautiful car, but at long as it looks as if its owners care enough to give it a decent clean, that's all that matters.  It is a 4 wheel drive work-horse, not a show car.  It now has Mother's advertising signs on it too, which is good!

WP_20160515_14_18_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20160515_14_18_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20160515_14_19_11_Pro.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club