Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I also like seeing the first mangetout peas breaking through the surface this afternoon:smile:

1st peas.jpg

• Like 1

I do like booking my practical driving test for August 3rd!!  It's in my old home town too (the earliest appointment for my current area would have been September 23rd) which is good as I know it like the back of my hand, and it is a very quiet area...  A lot of people avoid taking tests there because it is "too easy" and they then won't be prepared for driving in bigger places, but that isn't an issue for me.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like booking my practical driving test for August 3rd!!  It's in my old home town too (the earliest appointment for my current area would have been September 23rd) which is good as I know it like the back of my hand, and it is a very quiet area...  A lot of people avoid taking tests there because it is "too easy" and they then won't be prepared for driving in bigger places, but that isn't an issue for me.

Good luck mate :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GMX said:

I also like seeing the first mangetout peas breaking through the surface this afternoon:smile:

1st peas.jpg

Don't you need 2 courgette plants?  I thought you needed a male and female one to get the vegetables?

(Urgh, quote the wrong post lol, close enough)

16 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Why would they want a test to be more difficult?  Lessons in a difficult area I can understand but I'd rather have the test as easy as possible lol.

I do like having an uninterrupted viewing and 'sit in' of a few newish Fords at the dealer this morning.  Just a shame I don't have £20k for the Focus ST I liked... :laugh:  However the EcoBoost Fiestas are dropping towards my price range, they were all 100ps though, wanted to try a 125ps really.  I also like that my car has less swirls and better shine than any on their forecourt! :biggrin: 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kpg said:

I like being asked at the tyre place today if my Focus was an ST lol

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

😯that's like saying "can we charge you an extra 50 quid" 

If they say "nice focus" that's another 50 quid aswell 😣

😁

• Like 2

Beer for breakfast sat in the sun in algarve!!

• Like 2

I do like taking Brandy for an extended stroll along the river Stour. :smile:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't you need 2 courgette plants?  I thought you needed a male and female one to get the vegetables?

Yes, ideally 2 or more courgettes to provide the best harvests.  Whilst there are self-fertile varieties, the yield is always lower

The Atena Polka and the Defender courgettes are not in view from the tubbed tomato and one courgette photo.  There will be 5 courgette plants once I've transplanted everything out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Why would they want a test to be more difficult?  Lessons in a difficult area I can understand but I'd rather have the test as easy as possible lol.

I think it is those major worriers who need proof they are capable of something before doing it (I.E. passing your test in a busy area before driving in one alone).  Ridiculous in my opinion, when you can venture into all the busy areas (except motorways) you want on your provisional licence with a supervisor.

I do like driving the Santa Fe for the first time today.  Very smooth car, and it has confirmed what I previous thought (as a non-driver) about automatics.  They do provide a much more relaxed driving experience, and less tiresome in congested areas.  For the first time I've returned home from driving WITHOUT an aching left knee from constant clutch action in traffic (it doesn't help my knee is buggered anyway...).

• Like 3

I do like finding there is a bogof on chicken necks this month, at Nurturing by Nature (Brandy's food supplier):smile:

They've also started doing bagged frozen tripe in pieces: as opposed to big bin bag you had portion up yourself. :smile: Tripe portioning is quite a messy process,

I do like Greenall's...  Nothing like a few G&Ts to relax and forget about my problems for a few hours!!

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

it doesn't help my knee is buggered anyway...).

Sports injury?

Monster Assault Energy Drink 

maxresdefault_zpsqldf0wc3.jpg

mixed with Captain morgan's 👀

Captain-Morgan-Original-Spiced-Gold_zpsi

stumbled across this combination while clearing out the fridge and had no coca-cola left, couldn't drive to shops 😀 for more so tried the Monster 

"no pun intended"

2 hours ago, GMX said:

Sports injury?

Hahaha!!  Come on Ghana, you know the most exercise I do is walking from my chair to the fridge! :laugh:

That said, I suppose you could call it "sports", as I was riding my bike at the time.  It happened when I was around 10 years old and cycled straight into one of those cement poles (preventing vehicles from driving onto a cycle path).  Fortunately I didn't break my leg, but did give my knee a damn good whack and resulted in a permanent scar and joint pain.  It usually acts up in cold weather, but feathering the 405's clutch in heavy traffic always gives it grief.

I do like:

The fact that it's half term.

Spending some time claying, polishing, glazing and waxing the Focus' paintwork. Feels like glass and looks very glossy. I'll post some pictures tomorrow! 

And finally, it's 3 weeks today until my birthday, and I'll be able to drive on the road! :yahoo:

• Like 3

i do like impromptu mix I threw together for tea, a few sauteed potatoes, onions and sardines.:smile:

Almost down to 40Kg left now, in the potato mountain, and the new potatoes of 2016 are only a month away:ohmy:

55 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Hahaha!!  Come on Ghana, you know the most exercise I do is walking from my chair to the fridge! :laugh:

That said, I suppose you could call it "sports", as I was riding my bike at the time.  It happened when I was around 10 years old and cycled straight into one of those cement poles (preventing vehicles from driving onto a cycle path).  Fortunately I didn't break my leg, but did give my knee a damn good whack and resulted in a permanent scar and joint pain.  It usually acts up in cold weather, but feathering the 405's clutch in heavy traffic always gives it grief.

I was thinking along the lines of a school sports injury rather than adult leisure sports injury.

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Monster Assault Energy Drink 

Is that an irish brand? don't think I've heard of that one:unsure:

3 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I do like:

The fact that it's half term.

Spending some time claying, polishing, glazing and waxing the Focus' paintwork. Feels like glass and looks very glossy. I'll post some pictures tomorrow! 

And finally, it's 3 weeks today until my birthday, and I'll be able to drive on the road! :yahoo:

You can do my Peugeot too if you want, it needs a good wash... :laugh:

Driving "in the real world" is great and really teaches you so much more than you can ever learn in driving lessons.  That said, you should take a few professional lessons first, if only to get you into the habit of MSM/PSL.

15 minutes ago, GMX said:

Is that an irish brand? don't think I've heard of that one:unsure:

I think Monster is American, 

Tesco sell it in all different colours, 

55 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

You can do my Peugeot too if you want, it needs a good wash... :laugh:

Driving "in the real world" is great and really teaches you so much more than you can ever learn in driving lessons.  That said, you should take a few professional lessons first, if only to get you into the habit of MSM/PSL.

Haha, if you were a bit closer I'd do it for you! :laugh: Yes I agree, I was meant to have a driving lesson on my birthday, but it had to be cancelled (long story!) and alas, they are now too busy to fit me in! So, I'll just have a zip around in the Focus, at least I can control a car, so that's a start! :wink:

12 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Haha, if you were a bit closer I'd do it for you! :laugh: Yes I agree, I was meant to have a driving lesson on my birthday, but it had to be cancelled (long story!) and alas, they are now too busy to fit me in! So, I'll just have a zip around in the Focus, at least I can control a car, so that's a start! :wink:

Yeah, that always helps!! :laugh:

To be fair I drove our old Primera first before having any lessons, and I think it helped.  Driving it on the road before any lessons proved to me that I could drive it and control the car, so that when I had my first lesson I knew I wouldn't be absolutely hopeless.  I think you've said in the past that you've had off-road lessons before, so that should help.  Basically the same rules apply, only you have other cars and idiotic pedestrians to look out for!! :unsure:

Just remember, it is other people's mistakes you have to look out for!  The majority of accidents (or near accidents) are caused by other peoples actions.  There is no such thing as a perfect driver, but there certainly is such a thing as a bad driver (and most of them are driving Vauxhalls...).

Yes I totally agree, even as a passenger I'm watching other drivers, I bet several don't even have driving licenses...

I like finally finishing the Focus. Claying, polishing, glazing and then putting 2 coats of wax on does take a long time!

20160529_175339.jpg

20160529_175418.jpg

Unfortunately the sun went in so I couldn't get the desired effect on the camera... I also have a reflection shot but it displays the wrong way round on this site! :mellow:

20160529_174517.jpg

• Like 2

Good Lord, that looks better than brand new Chris - great job!! 

I'm the same when it comes to being a passenger.  I think I observe more as a passenger than most drivers do when driving.

• Like 1

Cheers! I'm pleased with the result, took me long enough! :laugh:

Yes it's quite probable, there really are some terrible drivers out there. 

• Like 1

I do like getting the three sisters plot organised and partially planting them in, the onset of sunset meant the rest will go in tomorrow.:smile:

Brandy kept trying to eat out of the fish, blood and bone bucket:lol:  I guess she sees it as a dried food snack like we do with raisins and prunes

3 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Yes I totally agree, even as a passenger I'm watching other drivers, I bet several don't even have driving licenses...

I like finally finishing the Focus. Claying, polishing, glazing and then putting 2 coats of wax on does take a long time!

20160529_175339.jpg

20160529_175418.jpg

Unfortunately the sun went in so I couldn't get the desired effect on the camera... I also have a reflection shot but it displays the wrong way round on this site! :mellow:

20160529_174517.jpg

That's amazing Chris, you put many valeters to shame:smile:

• Like 1