Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

There's an idea though - I'm sure Chris already has plans on what he wants to do with his life, but running a professional car valeting business would definitely be a possibility with the skills he has!!

• Like 2

Cheers! Although don't let @GingerFlame hear that, I'm sure my efforts aren't up to his standards! :tongue:

On 5/8/2016 at 9:25 PM, jmurray01 said:

Brandy has found the removing the Tesco Finest tomato soup pot from the bin to lick the remnants at the bottom can cause nose staining :lol:

soup nose.jpg

• Like 4

I do like finally getting the HP ProBook up and running again!  Unfortunately it'll be with Windows 10 again as I don't have a Windows 7 key, but hey-ho.

WP_20160531_19_10_43_Pro.jpg

I do like finally using the Focus properly. Mum has been driving it as the 207 needs a new exhaust and is currently not roadworthy.

Did 70 miles today, and will do another 220 by the end of Thursday..that'll keep the battery topped up! :biggrin:

• Like 2

I do like the torrential rain that is falling now, is both saving me having to water the vegetables tonight and is refilling my empty butts:smile:

35mm has fallen so far, or in butt fill quantities about 150L has been captured from the roof:smile:

On an amusing note, Molly is playing with toothbrush, a toothbrush that is not ours,:ohmy: A toothbrush, she must acquired from someone else's house via their cat's catflap and bought back.  Molly has "thing" for toothbrushes, and for that matter pens: toothbrushes and pens are the new cat toys:lol:

I do like the ProBook being fully up and running again, after sitting unused for months.  Lets see how long it lasts this time before Windows 10 screws it up...

I've had no major hassles with Win10...only with an older wireless printer and the occasional glitch when plugging my phone in

16 minutes ago, SeanW said:

I've had no major hassles with Win10...only with an older wireless printer and the occasional glitch when plugging my phone in

It was annoying because I actually didn't have many issues with it when it first updated, and then it just crashed one day!  I have heard though that sometimes a fresh install is required for it to work properly, and as that's what I've now done (wiped HDD completely and installed fresh) it could improve my view of 10.  Time will tell! 

I've been told by those in the know that windows 10 is primarily for touch screens.

I've been told by those in the know that windows 10 is primarily for touch screens.

It's horrid.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I have to say that I'm becoming rather fond of Windows 10.  As long as it doesn't crash again I could live with it quite happily. 

That said, I'll still be keeping my other laptop on Windows 7, and my desktops on XP and Vista.

Windows 10 with the Windows 7 apprarance Shell applied is just about bearable.

Sent from my SM-G930F

18 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Windows 10 with the Windows 7 apprarance shell applied is just about bearable.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I somewhat like the 10 appearance actually, as long as it runs smoothly. 

My favourite was Windows 2000 and I'd still be running that if I could.  Unfortunately it isn't safe, nor capable of dealing with modern websites and graphics etc...

• Like 1

Sticking with 7 for as long as I can thanks.

Always quite liked XP too.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Sticking with 7 for as long as I can thanks.

Always quite liked XP too.

Sent from my SM-G930F

That's what I'm doing on my Acer, it won't be going to 10 in its lifetime!  By the time I want to upgrade from 7, it'll be dead anyway. 

XP was and still is the best, which is why I run it on my office machine. 

• Like 2

Our work computers are still on XP and had to get a special extended support licence because we have hundreds of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Our work computers are still on XP and had to get a special extended support licence because we have hundreds of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is that why you're closed on Sundays? Need time to crank the handles again?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianb said:

Is that why you're closed on Sundays? Need time to crank the handles again?

It's the day they deliver the coal for the steam driven IT kit.

• Like 1

I do like thinking that the garage just hadn't bothered getting back to me, only to call them and be told the car is ready!  And the best bit is that no replacement brake components were required and as a result the total bill is less than £300 (including test fee). 

To say I'm overjoyed and relieved is an understatement. 

2016-06-02.png

Next up will be an oil change, four new tyres and a damn good valet.

• Like 1

Nothing like sweating blood eh Jamie!

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

Nothing like sweating blood eh Jamie!

I'm just glad to have the old girl back again, and knowing that (general maintenance aside) it has a clean bill of health for another 12 months. 

The Hyundai was a great vehicle to drive, with its auto box and light steering, light brakes and great suspension - but I prefer the Pug...  Yes the clutch is heavy, gearbox is stiff and the power steering is almost non-existant, but you are 100% in control and both you and the car have to work hard.  In the Santa Fe everything is just too easy!!  Same as my instructor's Audi - I can never get used to the super sensitive brakes and steering which almost feels disconnected, not to mention the clutch which has no resistance whatsoever.

I do like finding a chandler whose prices seem to stuck in late 20th century, who not only had galvanised chain on a reel but a service kit for my Whale Gusher Urchin pump for only £11:smile:

• Like 1

I also like finding out that what I had thought was the famous bonnet lock problem on the Mk2 Focus, turned out to be just a stuck catch:smile:, which afbbiker had commented on the bottom of Brigante's guide.  

I thought I'd try his method of releasing, just in case it was that, before I followed Brigante's, which might have ultimately meant smashing my grill to access the collet

On 02/06/2016 at 1:11 PM, jmurray01 said:

I do like thinking that the garage just hadn't bothered getting back to me, only to call them and be told the car is ready!  And the best bit is that no replacement brake components were required and as a result the total bill is less than £300 (including test fee). 

To say I'm overjoyed and relieved is an understatement. 

2016-06-02.png

Next up will be an oil change, four new tyres and a damn good valet.

How did they resolve your brake issue without replacing any parts? or was just dirty slider/guide pins, that were cleaned?