Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

On 7/18/2016 at 10:30 PM, GMX said:

It supposed to be 34°C tomorrow, more if your in a big urban setting.:eek:

And then we quite quickly return to traditional British weather on Wednesday

I think you were horribly wrong about that lol. Nevermind a couple days ahead, the weather guys can't correctly predict a couple hours ahead!

19 minutes ago, Incontro said:

I think you were horribly wrong about that lol. Nevermind a couple days ahead, the weather guys can't correctly predict a couple hours ahead!

Can't argue with that!  The best you can do is take the forecast and expect the exact opposite.

• Like 1

dont like where i work was the hottest part of uk yesterday according to the bbc news! today didnt feel any cooler.

but good news is cooler tonight. horray!

On 7/19/2016 at 6:33 PM, hywelkidd said:

That is an ideal thing to have at work, I would imagine the whole of FOC is jealous

353b9283a43f695dce0f655ccc1cce3c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

so your the one who gets my order wrong all the time lol

• Like 3

On 18/07/2016 at 10:30 PM, GMX said:

It supposed to be 34°C tomorrow, more if your in a big urban setting

2 hours ago, iantt said:

dont like where i work was the hottest part of uk yesterday according to the bbc news!.

I think I got away quite coolly, relatively!smile.png

Max temp inside the greenhouse was 32C over Tuesday & Wednesday, so must have been under 30C outside, and it is now a positively chilly 17.5C outside.

A bit of altitude, and bigger hills all around, tend to keep this area cooler. I hate to think what it was like in London & other big cities! Tempers go up with the temperature, and the general standard of driving plummets. sad.png

I had one incident today with 3 cars, on a three lane roundabout, all turning into a 2 lane exit road at once ohmy.png, despite very clear road lane markings. I was piggy in the middle, in the correct lane, and had to brake a bit sharpish!

Not looking forward to the school holidays, it gets much worse then!

7 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I think I got away quite coolly, relatively!smile.png

Max temp inside the greenhouse was 32C over Tuesday & Wednesday, so must have been under 30C outside, and it is now a positively chilly 17.5C outside.

A bit of altitude, and bigger hills all around, tend to keep this area cooler. I hate to think what it was like in London & other big cities! Tempers go up with the temperature, and the general standard of driving plummets. sad.png

I had one incident today with 3 cars, on a three lane roundabout, all turning into a 2 lane exit road at once ohmy.png, despite very clear road lane markings. I was piggy in the middle, in the correct lane, and had to brake a bit sharpish!

Not looking forward to the school holidays, it gets much worse then!

Given that it is already the school holidays here in Scotland, I can confirm that it is the same here.  I swear some parents just let their children drive, or at least it looks that way...

• Like 2

love it when the kids are on holiday, makes my journey to work and back so much quicker. 

• Like 2

At least lots of people go abroad for the holidays (me included!) making the roads a bit quieter!

I do like the weather we are having here in Cyprus, only about 35C (cool for this time of year) and was 33 yesterday! Quite humid and keeps clouding over though...but it doesn't get any cooler than this!

I'm back in the UK on Monday so i'm sure the weather will return to its miserable self as soon as my plane touches down!:laugh:

• Like 2

I do like that humidity has largely gone:smile:, it started to dissipate last night as I concluded irrigating the tomatoes.

Brandy's morning stroll was conducted in a pleasant 17°C, the breeze is back and although it's now 25°C, the lack of humidity coupled with the breeze; makes it a pleasant 25°C:smile:

3 hours ago, iantt said:

love it when the kids are on holiday, makes my journey to work and back so much quicker. 

Same down here, during the school holidays you can get from A to B, in roughly a quarter of the time. :biggrin:

Picking blueberries in an unexpected but welcomed shower :smile:

9 hours ago, iantt said:

Same here, plus my route to work includes going through two school zones which have a flashing 20 sign normally, but for the next few weeks I can drive through at 30!  Yay!

I have a job interview on Monday at 4, in Loughborough.  Working for a feed companies farm, so even though I'll be a herdsperson there is the possible potential to go into the commercial side & do 'ruminant nutrition'.  Which is something I'm majorly into, well that's a lie I'm mad on farming full stop.  

• Like 2

Finishing work tonight at 23:00 and not coming back until 02nd August on holidays 😀

haven't told colleges yet though😉

• Like 2

...I'm majorly into, well that's a lie I'm mad full stop.

Fixed that for you ;):D

Seriously though - all the best for your interview bud :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

Fixed that for you ;):D

Seriously though - all the best for your interview bud :)

Cheers for that dude thought there was something missing.  And thank you, I'm feeling optimistic

Returning to the car after a walk on the heath to find a shiny blue Mk3 ST parked next to me, wasn't anyone on here was it? :laugh: 

• Like 1

I do like replenishing my watermelon stocks with a trolley full from Tesco, they're still on offer too:smile:

Due to hot humidity returning, I'd borrowed the girl next door, so I could shop and she could entertain Brandy in exchange for a rhubarb crumble.

i also like today's new bakery item from the instore bakery, seeded olive ciabatta rolls, :smile: Which was so new, I couldn't scan it in, as they hadn't created a barcode for it yet.  The instore bakery seems to get new lines out before the merchandisers have a chance to program the epos and the hand scanners:mellow:  Although not being in the system meant I had to touch "one/many of my items didn't or couldn't be scanned" button and wait for a Tesco person at the till.  When she couldn't find a suitable entry for it, she asked me, what the price was and she'd put it in as something else.  They were 80p each and there's nothing else in the  bakery codes that was 80p.  So she substituted seeded rolls at 25p, as they were closest thing being rolls that were seeded.  I assumed she was going to modify the unit cost, or modify the quantity up to match the value, but she didn't, saying if the bakery manager can't be bothered to update the epos, I can have them at a discount.  Which was nice:smile: should have been £4: I paid £1.25:biggrin:

22 hours ago, Preecematt said:

I have a job interview on Monday at 4, in Loughborough.  Working for a feed companies farm, so even though I'll be a herdsperson there is the possible potential to go into the commercial side & do 'ruminant nutrition'.  Which is something I'm majorly into, well that's a lie I'm mad on farming full stop.  

Good luck with that:smile:

I used know someone, who was a senior mechanic for a what was the main Vauxhall dealership at the time, made a sudden career switch to a feed company but on the sales side of things. Last time I saw him, he said it was the best move he ever made, income wise

• Like 1

I do like having enough pre-payday funds left over for a case of beer... 

• Like 2

I do like the combination of freshly picked mangetout peas, french mustard and corned beef, as a sandwich filling.:smile:

• Like 1

2 for £18 in tesco beer promotion 

2 x 12 coors for approx 75p each - barjan :biggrin:

3 hours ago, laumk7 said:

2 for £18 in tesco beer promotion 

2 x 12 coors for approx 75p each - barjan :biggrin:

Ah, damn it!  I was going to go to Tesco as well, but decided against it at the last minute and went to the local Co-op.

12 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Full roast dinner :wub:

Hmm...  I was very tempted to go for that, but opted for fish and tatties instead as my energy levels are especially low today.  Fortunately my cough seems to be settling down so maybe I can start getting a better nights sleep going forward and thus have more energy!

After working 12 days in a row, I do enjoy having the night off and enjoying a beer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3