Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

beer and a pizza? lol

As much as I love pizza, I eat way too much of the stuff. The wife cooked for me tonight, so another thing I do like :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I do like that it is currently raining, and thus saving me having to irrigate the vegetables whilst also topping my empty butts:smile:

On the food front, it's roast beef, roast vegetable  with more mangetout peas, this dressed in olive oil with mint and dill, as a side salad, here:smile:

I do like finding the cause of the my apparent dishwasher's lack of enthusiasm in washing yesterday crockery and cutlery. :smile: It wasn't any of the usual suspects, lack of rinse aid, low salt in the water softener, debris in a spray arm hole.

It's been getting progressively worse over the last few operations, having checked all the usual suspects and found all of them to be full or working fine.  I started checking everything else, starting with the feed pipes to the spray arms

It also demonstrates why you shouldn't let guests unobserved, stack your dishwasher.  :mellow:

The poor washing ability was caused by a piece of semi- disintegrated tissue (or loo roll), more like paper pulp over time. That had become lodged in the feed pipe to the upper spray arm, as result there was insufficient water pressure to either rotate the arm nor spray from it's holes.

I can only think someone left a piece of used tissue in a cup and didn't remove it when they put he soiled cup into my dishwasher.  The feed pipe has a gap between itself and the feed from the dishwasher body pipe, of around 8mm.  I suspect, initially the tissue would have been knocked out it's cup and tossed about inside by the then functioning spray jets.  However, it would seem it got knocked into the gap and thus into the funnel part of the feed pipe, lodging itself on the internal moulding of the funnel.  With each subsequent operation the inlet jet was driving further down the feed pipe.:ohmy:

When I found it and tweezed it out, there was around a sheet's worth (loo roll) or half a handy sized tissue:ohmy:  A test wash was then performed, with a nominal spoon, a glass jug and a plate, to see if the tissue pulp was in fact the cause, or would it something else:unsure:

80 minutes later, when the dishwasher had been through it's cycle, I noted a mirror finish on the spoon, no residue on the plate and the jug was sparkling:biggrin:

• Like 3

Being given a date for collection of my new car!

• Like 1

Punishable by death Ghana!

That and people that put plates or other crockery in the sink with debris on/in them such as tea bags, or tissues or indeed lumps of food....

• Like 4

I do like the speed of paracetamol with codeine in lessening the throbbing headache, providing I don't sneeze, laugh or cough, the overall head thump effect isn't noticeable now:smile:

4 hours ago, laumk7 said:

Being given a date for collection of my new car!

I hope they stick to that: unlike what Phil has found with his ordered RS and it's ever changing date

Thanks for that reminder 😂

I'm beginning to think I might have dreamt the whole ordering and delayed delivery fiasco and I'll wake up and find a shiny RS on my drive

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 2

I like having a clean car :smile:

20160726_183204.jpg

• Like 3

Looks good Chris!  I need to give the 405 a good clean soon.  I think I'll wait until I can take the L-plates off for good though.

• Like 1

Thanks. Are yours glued on then? Mine are magnetic so they come on and off quite often!:laugh:

36 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Thanks. Are yours glued on then? Mine are magnetic so they come on and off quite often!:laugh:

No, they are magnetic (although the front one is DIY taped on because it kept flying off), but I just mean that I don't want to spend time waxing the paintwork only to spoil it again with fecking L-plates.  I know they are mandatory, but they ruin the look of any car in my opinion.

I do like securing the purchase of a certain French car...  Not so keen on a train trip tomorrow to go and get it though - God, I hate public transport!

Do like how the interview for a job went yesterday.  I 'nailed it, I was nervous about it but then remembered how passionate I was about farming & what I knew etc and was fine.  Also really enjoyed the roads up..... mainly straights wooooohoooooo.  They seemed really keen so I'll soon find out

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Do like how the interview for a job went yesterday.  I 'nailed it, I was nervous about it but then remembered how passionate I was about farming & what I knew etc and was fine.  Also really enjoyed the roads up..... mainly straights wooooohoooooo.  They seemed really keen so I'll soon find out

I hope you get it Matt!  By the sounds of it you know your "stuff", so I'm confident it'll go your way.

Having a new kitchen almost finished apart from paint, tiles and floor.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

No, they are magnetic (although the front one is DIY taped on because it kept flying off), but I just mean that I don't want to spend time waxing the paintwork only to spoil it again with fecking L-plates.  I know they are mandatory, but they ruin the look of any car in my opinion.

Yeah they don't look great.

51 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like securing the purchase of a certain French car...  Not so keen on a train trip tomorrow to go and get it though - God, I hate public transport!

Do spill...

Just now, chrisroberson99 said:

Yeah they don't look great.

Do spill...

Lets just say the 405 will have a "sibling" by tomorrow evening...  The Santa Fe's MOT was expiring in a couple of weeks and just as I was contemplating its future, the advert appeared...  405 GTX (full electrics, estate and the same turbo diesel as my Quasar) and in the same burgundy colour that my mother's GLX was in when I was a child, so that evoked memories to begin with.  The low price and locality made it impossible for me to refuse. 

I don't want to say too much because things I want normally go belly up, but providing I successfully pick it up tomorrow afternoon, pictures and more information will be posted.

• Like 1

I do like that, the headache, vertigo and nausea are beginning to subside this afternoon, enabling me to actually do something:smile:  I can't as such do "being ill yet conscious for very long", being ill bedridden and asleep is fine for a day or two, but not ill and awake:mellow:

I also like seeing the first few  tomatoes beginning to :blush::smile:  They are, as everything is this year, late. :mellow:

1st tom.jpg

18 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Hope you get it Matt:smile:

• Like 2

I do like seeing a BMW indicate to change lanes...and then even wait for me to pass before pulling out! :ohmy:

I also like that we got some rain and (slightly) cooler weather today, after a fortnight of no rain at all that I've been aware of!  However that combination has brought out the flying ants and thunder flies...literally struggled to breathe walking back for fear of inhaling large amounts of insects! :laugh: 

• Like 2

I do like seeing a BMW indicate to change lanes...and then even wait for me to pass before pulling out! :ohmy:

I also like that we got some rain and (slightly) cooler weather today, after a fortnight of no rain at all that I've been aware of!  However that combination has brought out the flying ants and thunder flies...literally struggled to breathe walking back for fear of inhaling large amounts of insects! :laugh: 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You obviously liked it so much you said it twicebiggrin.png

Though the shock of an indicating BMW would enough to unhinge anyone wacko.png

Perhaps it was a borrowed, or hired car, and the driver did not understand the rules. At least it proves that some BMWs do have indicators.

4 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like that, the headache, vertigo and nausea are beginning to subside this afternoon, enabling me to actually do something:smile:

I also like seeing the first few  tomatoes beginning to :blush::smile: 

I like that your migraine is going, but I seem to have caught one part, the headache. Fortunately the other, worse bits do not seem to have survived the journey over the network!

Is the water butt situation standing up to the dry weather? The Tomatoes probably need even more now. We have had no real rain, just damp, my water supply is down to about 66% (from nearly 1000L) now. Will I have to resort to washing machine water this year? Been a few years since that last happened.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Are you sure!?  It must have been an aftermarket modification as we all know BMWs don't come with indicators as standard. 

I'll keep it brief as I'm very tired (explanation will go in the "don't like" thread either after this or tomorrow), but I do like picking up a 2nd Peugeot 405 tonight, and despite looking terrible with the usual Peugeot laquer peel, it made the 170 mile drive home without fault.  I especially like the very reasonable price I picked it up for...

• Like 2

Bought a new car :-D

A very tidy Mondeo estate in a very nice shade of blue!

The original ad i saw was slightly wrong - it's only a 2l - not the 2.2

However, it is a Titanium and gives a very pleasant drive whilst still going like the proverbial off a shovel!!

Pick it up Wednesday!!

• Like 6

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club