Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Bought a new car :-D

A very tidy Mondeo estate in a very nice shade of blue!

The original ad i saw was slightly wrong - it's only a 2l - not the 2.2

However, it is a Titanium and gives a very pleasant drive whilst still going like the proverbial off a shovel!!

Pick it up Wednesday!!

Congrats mate am split between the mondeo or mazda 6 if am going for a family hatch or saloon then again i still like the mazda 2010 mps

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was bored, so dragged the other half along to have a look...ended up buying

Actually, the whole other half thing is another like :-D

• Like 2

Bought a new car :-DA very tidy Mondeo estate in a very nice shade of blue!

The original ad i saw was slightly wrong - it's only a 2l - not the 2.2

However, it is a Titanium and gives a very pleasant drive whilst still going like the proverbial off a shovel!!

Pick it up Wednesday!!

Congrats mate am split between the mondeo or mazda 6 if am going for a family hatch or saloon then again i still like the mazda 2010 mps

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Basically the same car anyway.

They share a fair amount of parts.

Sent from my SM-G930F

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Is the water butt situation standing up to the dry weather? The Tomatoes probably need even more now. We have had no real rain, just damp, my water supply is down to about 66% (from nearly 1000L) now. Will I have to resort to washing machine water this year? Been a few years since that last happened.

I passed the halfway mark last night, with tonight's watering I've only got just under 1050L left including the 205L is reserved for the blueberries and azalea.  The Tomatoes are consuming around 2.5L a day.

We had two showers today, one during Brandy's morning stroll which contributed very little to butt refilling and much heavier one this afternoon for about an hour.  Which tonly opped up the butts by about 5L:mellow:

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

However that combination has brought out the flying ants

The ants that turned my previously flat lawn in the lunar landscape; whilst their siblings have carefully excavated most of the sand between and below the paviors, started to emerge bearing wings yesterday.  However, apart from a few pioneers who took to the skies: the great ant evacuation day that usually happens about now, has yet to unfold.

43 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

but I do like picking up a 2nd Peugeot 405 tonight

You've got twins:laugh:

• Like 3

@jmurray01 @GMX.  I shall know shortly apparently, however the only this putting them off is the fact I have to work my months notice.  Yet still have my total holiday allowance of 20 days left, as I've not had any holiday off yet.  They are asking me about that but as the boss is on holiday I obviously can't do anything at the moment.  Also ringing up another job tomorrow, carting bales all day long and he might put me through my truck test.  Less hours, better conditions more money(but offset by the less hours). Only thing putting me off is the doing the same thing bit and the less money

• Like 2

I do like that I can finally return to work tonight! Yayyyyy!!!!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, laumk7 said:

return to work tonight! Yayyyyy!!!!!

I like it that someone looks forward to work!

I can only guess whether that is purely financial, or because the job is satisfying and, at least at times, enjoyable. But the number of "!"s tells me it is more than just money!!

There have been times when I could hardly wait to get into work, but mostly rather a long time ago now.  My job satisfaction factor has declined sadly over the last decade or so. From what other friends say, I am not alone in this.

So I hope your Yay! factor stays for a long while, even if the number of "y"s and "!"s may vary a bit!biggrin.png

• Like 3

I do like to see and feel (I had the office window open so I was getting gently watered from behind:lol:) the forecasted afternoon rain, heavier than forecast too:smile:  Hopefully it'll yield more than yesterday's 5L per butt:smile:

The 'Midnight' courgette is making up for it's late start, I'm now cutting five courgettes per day!!:ohmy:  There is a limit on how many courgettes that can physically consumed per meal:unsure:  Despite the claims to the contrary for using spare courgettes up, courgette bread, courgette cake and courgette muffins only use 2 courgettes per batch. The entire top shelf in the fridge is now courgette storage.

6 hours ago, laumk7 said:

You got your fit note then from occupational health:smile:

• Like 2

I find it strange actually..there was a time between jobs where I was 'unemployed'... Fortunately I lived with m&d and I lead a fairly inexpensive lifestyle... I never went on jobs seekers (probably should have looking back, could have had a nice holiday), but I found it thoroughly depressing... 

If I'd had enough cash to go travelling then I'd have done that and enjoyed that, but just being at home or 'around the place' is a dull existence.... No point getting up early as you just drag the day out .. so 7 becomes 8, then 9, then 10 and before you know it, you actually start waking up in the afternoon... Of course this means you're wide awake at night and under stimulated, so you end up playing games or watching movies and it gets later and later... I believe I actually went more or less nocturnal at one point...

Not everyone does that... But I certainly did, I even started offering myself to offices for free, for experience and just general stuff.... That really helped open up doors and it was rarely free after a stint, I'd receive a small cheque...

Work has it bonus'! 

Holiday of course is far more important!

• Like 2

I've been off for 7th weeks now and bored relentlessly,  it's very hard work where I work, but I'm really looking forward to going back. I miss my colleagues, and by the chats I've had with a few on fb messenger, they miss me too (awww).

I've still to see occupational health, but my Dr's has given me a fitnote  (at last) ,and a letter (20 quid fee)

I do like that the dealership as promised paid off my finance agreement with ford credit ahead of me collecting my new car.

OoooooOOOoooooh Exciting! 

• Like 2

I do like the volume of performance Fords in Tesco's car park tonight, or at least the volume in the zone i parked the Mk1 focus in, there could've been more in other zones:smile:

One white Focus RS Mk2 on 10 plate and FIVE STs :ohmy: (two Foci STs and three Fiesta STs.) :biggrin:

There's often an immaculate Tangerine Scream Fiesta ST in there, which wasn't among them tonight.

7 hours ago, Ianb said:

No point getting up early as you just drag the day out .. so 7 becomes 8, then 9, then 10 and before you know it, you actually start waking up in the afternoon... Of course this means you're wide awake at night and under stimulated, so you end up playing games or watching movies and it gets later and later... I believe I actually went more or less nocturnal at one point...

If you'd kept it for 24 days, and you were rising an hour later each day, you'd be back to were you'd started:lol1:

I know of a computer programmer who by choice is nocturnal, he claims he can get far more done in 8 hours of night: than he can with 8 hours of day.  He says there are no distractions for him at night. However, he looks permanently ill, alabaster white bordering on gothic white and drained.  Probably has a vitamin D deficiency as he won't hardly ever see the sun.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I wish I felt that way about work!  But that said, I used to have a job I enjoyed so I know exactly how you feel.

I do like picking this up yesterday...  Even if it was a 4 hour journey there (on buses and trains :angry:) and then a 3 hour drive home with the usual worries of buying an old car "sold as seen" - expecting a major engine failure any second! :laugh:

WP_20160728_21_28_05_Pro.jpgWP_20160728_21_28_15_Pro.jpg

The bodywork is shocking (it always seemed to be that shade of burgundy which faded and peeled for some reason), but mechanically it is sound and lets just say the price I paid was very reasonable...

Its MOT is due in 5 weeks, but I'm not too worried considering it has new brakes (surprisingly with functioning ABS, as discovered tonight when a grouse ran in front of the car at 60MPH!), exhaust, and good tyres all round.  The only worry is some MOT history of underbody corrosion (the usual areas), but I know a very good local welder who could sort that out should it be an issue, and immediately thereafter it would be going in for undercoating to stop any further spreading!!

I won't say any more as I'm taking over the "do like" thread and you're all probably sick of me going on about 405s, but if it is any consolation I'd be exactly the same had I found a MK1 Focus :laugh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ianb said:

...but just being at home or 'around the place' is a dull existence.... No point getting up early as you just drag the day out .. so 7 becomes 8, then 9, then 10 and before you know it, you actually start waking up in the afternoon... Of course this means you're wide awake at night and under stimulated, so you end up playing games or watching movies and it gets later and later... I believe I actually went more or less nocturnal at one point...

Basically my life atm...  Really struggling to structure the day now, getting up way later than I should, then trying to waste the rest of the day anyway...

I really need to 'work' in one way or another but have no idea how to go about it (especially after being told I was 'unemployable' a few months back for health reasons I can't change).  Just really fed up of 'wasting' life and lacking any direction atm.

So yeah, I'm really not liking that!  :unsure: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I won't say any more as I'm taking over the "do like" thread and you're all probably sick of me going on about 405s, but if it is any consolation I'd be exactly the same had I found a MK1 Focus :laugh:

You could ask the mods for a special 405 sub-forum:dry:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ianb said:

I find it strange actually..there was a time between jobs where I was 'unemployed'... Fortunately I lived with m&d and I lead a fairly inexpensive lifestyle... I never went on jobs seekers (probably should have looking back, could have had a nice holiday), but I found it thoroughly depressing... 

If I'd had enough cash to go travelling then I'd have done that and enjoyed that, but just being at home or 'around the place' is a dull existence.... No point getting up early as you just drag the day out .. so 7 becomes 8, then 9, then 10 and before you know it, you actually start waking up in the afternoon... Of course this means you're wide awake at night and under stimulated, so you end up playing games or watching movies and it gets later and later... I believe I actually went more or less nocturnal at one point...

Not everyone does that... But I certainly did, I even started offering myself to offices for free, for experience and just general stuff.... That really helped open up doors and it was rarely free after a stint, I'd receive a small cheque...

Work has it bonus'! 

Holiday of course is far more important!

This happened to me when I was unemployed for a few months.  Not sure what'll happen if I don't get a job by the end of August, I can afford to not go on the rock and roll for a about 2 months but I don't want to go on it BUT there's the advantage of spending time with the kids as it's half term.  In an ideal world, I'd stay off work until the kids are back at school, then go back into work.  

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I wish I felt that way about work!  But that said, I used to have a job I enjoyed so I know exactly how you feel.

You and me both, at least I've handed my notice in AND I'm hoping to get 20 days of paid holiday at the end of my notice period.  nice little bonus lol.  Also really like the look of your new 405.  You have any specific plans for it, eg restore it etc

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Basically my life atm...  Really struggling to structure the day now, getting up way later than I should, then trying to waste the rest of the day anyway...

I really need to 'work' in one way or another but have no idea how to go about it (especially after being told I was 'unemployable' a few months back for health reasons I can't change).  Just really fed up of 'wasting' life and lacking any direction atm.

So yeah, I'm really not liking that!  :unsure: 

Is there anything your good at(not insinuating your not good at anything lol) as in you've got a hobby that your really good at etc?  As there are a few websites that do online courses from around the world universities.  I've had a look at doing them for finance lol.  You only need to dedicate a few hours a week + if there is a course that's always been a " oh I don't really understand that, I'll have a mooch at it" that could turn into some form of income? If you get what I'm trying to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

You could ask the mods for a special 405 sub-forum:dry:

Someone sounds jealous hahahahahaha

9 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Is there anything your good at(not insinuating your not good at anything lol) as in you've got a hobby that your really good at etc?  As there are a few websites that do online courses from around the world universities.  I've had a look at doing them for finance lol.  You only need to dedicate a few hours a week + if there is a course that's always been a " oh I don't really understand that, I'll have a mooch at it" that could turn into some form of income? If you get what I'm trying to say.

Nope, nothing I'm good at lol...  Teachers lie when they say everyone's good at something, there are some of us that just suck at everything! :laugh: 

Don't have any hobbies either.

It's not the income that's an issue, I'm on an illness benefit now (after years of avoiding that) which is nearly enough to live on as long as I watch the pennies all the time, but it's the lack of structure and feeling of uselessness that I can't cope with.  I'd work for free tbh.

If only you'd managed to get the pic 5 minutes earlier lol

• Like 3

Tom, don't forget you're into tinkering with cars etc!

• Like 1

I do like that the date for collection of my new car may have been brought forward. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Nope, nothing I'm good at lol...  Teachers lie when they say everyone's good at something, there are some of us that just suck at everything! :laugh: 

Don't have any hobbies either.

It's not the income that's an issue, I'm on an illness benefit now (after years of avoiding that) which is nearly enough to live on as long as I watch the pennies all the time, but it's the lack of structure and feeling of uselessness that I can't cope with.  I'd work for free tbh.

Your into fixing cars though aren't you?  Maybe do that, I don't know how old you are but maybe an apprenticeship?  I'm looking into a car bodyshop one

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club