Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like my son has had virgin fibre installed and gets 195mb download speed yes you read that right 195.....wow

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Is that fibre to the premises?

Yes new build so fibre right to the house and that was on day one

• Like 3

My old car went up for sale today at the dealers bless it all brand sparkling clean, even cleaned off the 2 scratches it had acquired 

• Like 3

Mine is being sold at auction - up on Tuesday lol

Newark Motor Auctions if anyone is interested lol

• Like 1

I do like finding that necks are on bogof again, at Brandy's food supply shop:smile:  I got her 8 kilos for the price of 4:biggrin: 

The stinky stick offer is still there but has been modified to 4 bags for £10, which is still a saving on individual bags:smile:. Oddly, stinky sticks have had above inflation price rises in the last two months:mellow:  Yet tripe hasn't:unsure:

Most of my outside freezers are now full of Brandy's food, I think I only have a piece of pork and two bags of peas out there:laugh:.  Two 6ft freezers full of delights for dogs:laugh:

2 hours ago, SeanW said:

Mine is being sold at auction - up on Tuesday lol

Newark Motor Auctions if anyone is interested lol

Put me in for 10 Pounds 😉

yes 10 pounds everybody 10 pounds from the paddy on the back row

• Like 4

I do like that Brandy has suddenly appeared to have given up being an older dog:smile:, and has returned to being a younger dog again. :ohmy:

Not entirely sure what's going on, she was really struggling with stairs particularly yesterday, she needed me to hold her hips, otherwise she didn't have the upper paw strength to pull herself up on the next stair.

Today, she's running about, bouncing around and knocking things assunder with her wagging tail. It's like she discovered the secret to eternal youth whilst I was asleep!

I did mention to her, that we should go to the vet tomorrow to see if they have anything to help her get upstairs.  Has the threat of going to the vet, caused her to reverse her aging process:unsure:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like that Brandy has suddenly appeared to have given up being an older dog:smile:, and has returned to being a younger dog again. :ohmy:

Not entirely sure what's going on, she was really struggling with stairs particularly yesterday, she needed me to hold her hips, otherwise she didn't have the upper paw strength to pull herself up on the next stair.

Today, she's running about, bouncing around and knocking things assunder with her wagging tail. It's like she discovered the secret to eternal youth whilst I was asleep!

I did mention to her, that we should go to the vet tomorrow to see if they have anything to help her get upstairs.  Has the threat of going to the vet, caused her to reverse her aging process:unsure:

It has been known to happen!  Many times Buttons has had ailments which have required vet attention, only for them to suddenly "vanish" upon mention of the V-word.

• Like 1

I do like casually picking 1.5 kilos of mixed tomatoes from five varieties:smile: and six huge courgettes (that'll be the weekend rain) from the 'midnight' bush:smile:

I only went outside to pick a couple of tomatoes for a snack:mellow:  I ended up filling six former Tesco family mushroom containers:ohmy:

• Like 2

You need to make some chutney.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I do like getting the spare tyre fitted to the GTX and driving it home!  Strangely, it actually feels better with the steel wheel fitted (front N/S) than it did with the alloy...  Either the tyre on the alloy (Continental EcoContact 5) was somehow worn despite still having good treads, perhaps it had gone flat previously and damaged the sidewall, or the alloy itself needs balancing. 

The steel spare has a brand new Fulda Eco Control tyre on it, so that maybe has something to do with it.  I know Fulda aren't a "quality" tyre brand, but I've always thought their products were good value for money.  The old MK4 Fiesta had Fulda Eco Controls on the front (Sava Perfecta on the rear) and they lasted the entire time we had the car (30,000 miles/5 years). 

I do like seeing the Brandywine tomatoes moving from pink red to a colour not unlike Jamie's GTX, flecked with green about the top.:smile:  They are about two days away from being fully ripened

I do like a relaxing evening with a film and a few glasses of wine!  I think Buttons appreciates it when I watch TV for extended periods of time, due to the heat created by the old CRT which makes for a very cosy sleeping area for her... WP_20160823_23_42_17_Pro.jpg

I do like discovering, after going to the nursery for some cabbage food this afternoon, that I appear to the only one locally with cropping tomatoes.  Everyone's else's have apparently not produced any fruit this season:smile:

I'm also the only one not to have blight on their potatoes, and other solanums.:smile:

Even my grey mould is less than everyone else, one courgette bush had a little, then I sprayed it with fish oil and horticultural soap, the mould hasn't returned:smile:

7 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like a relaxing evening with a film and a few glasses of wine!  I think Buttons appreciates it when I watch TV for extended periods of time, due to the heat created by the old CRT which makes for a very cosy sleeping area for her... WP_20160823_23_42_17_Pro.jpg

A previous cat Tigger used to do that, when I had CRT monitiors.  He also liked to curl up on the output tray on my then HP Laserjet printer, it was directly above fuser unit which bathed him in warrmth

His weight however, then confused the printer into thinking it's output tray was full, and generated  "Tray 2 Full- Please empty to continue printing" messages on the LCD:laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I'm also the only one not to have blight on their potatoes

You may recall that some time ago, I "complained" that my brussels sprouts plants looked all wrong? Well, I can confirm the total absence of anything sprout-like, and an abundance of nice, big, round potatoes in the soil.

I don't know what they are, but they are nice and floury, making good roasters. smile.png

Sounds like you will be able to do good business selling or exchanging your excess tomatoes with your tomatoeless neighbors!

Makes the work of watering & feeding worthwhile, even getting squirted by broken pumps - What pressure were you generating to make the jubilee clip fail! Was just a hand pump and over-enthusiasm, or were you abusing a 200bar pressure washer pumpwink.png

I have to confess to abusing a pump once. It was my electric tyre pump, free from Esso with £650 worth of petrol, if I remember.

I needed to calibrate a 25bar submersible pressure transducer for some water company, used down a borehole. That's about 360psi. The gauge on the pump goes up to 220psi. I had it well past there, and on its way round again, but stopped by the zero peg. I had almost got to my target of 290psi, then there was a great bang, and the plastic hose burst.ohmy.png

I patched it up, and tried again, but to a slightly lower pressure. Got the job done, but the gauge is now distinctly inaccurate!biggrin.png

On the subject of pressure, I was a little concerned that my car was not getting high enough common rail fuel pressure. Tested on the driveway, with Forscan, it only got to about 45,000kPa (450 Bar).unsure.png

Yesterday, I managed to log a run. It cranked out pressures that varied with rpm & acceleration in a sensible looking way, going right up to almost 150,000kPa (1500 Bar, 22,000PSI), which looks good enough to me.smile.png If I can get around to extracting screenshots, I might post something somewhere about it. And maybe other reference data on various sensors.

• Like 3

I do like seeing masses of young squashes on my Cha Cha plant:smile:, there's a fair few young butternuts too:smile:.  However, the autumn giant is lagging behind, I've only seen two on it:huh:  This hot humid weather is what squashes love. so perhaps there'll be more later.

Three are more varieties of tomato are ripening with several candidates ready for picking later today.  Namely, the stripey Zebra (stripes of red, pink and green), Montserrat  (red beefsteak) and the Black Russian (deep purple to black with maroon shoulders).:smile:

11 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

What pressure were you generating to make the jubilee clip fail! Was just a hand pump and over-enthusiasm, or were you abusing a 200bar pressure washer pump

I wouldn't have thought a lot of pressure, I think the jubilee clip had corroded to the point of no longer gripping.

It's a manual bilge pump, chosen because I can empty a 220 litre butt in 4 minutes, when moving it's contents from butt to plunging tank

http://www.whalepumps.com/marine/product.aspx?Category_ID=10000&Product_ID=10012&FriendlyID=Gusher-Urchin

I've just picked all the ripe tomatoes across 7 varieties, prior to irrigating the plants.  I was expecting another 1.5 kilos or so: I've picked 2.95 kilos:ohmy::shocking:

This only the beginning of the tomato harvest, the first pickings are usually about 1-2% of what is to come.:smile:

I do like the forecast rain has started:yahoo: It might reduce the excessive humidity

I'm going to finally going have my root canal done at the dentists in a couple of hours:smile:, they moved my appointment twice, for patient reshuffling purposes, it was originally in early July:mellow:

My neighbour with then identical 2006 plate Mk2 Focus Estate (but a 2L petrol one) is taking Brandy for an extra walk while I'm there.:smile:

• Like 1

Like this is another focus 1.0 ecoboost , to those of you doubting the reliability and longevity of the engine.lol, not very high milage but still quiet and smooth drive.

2016-08-25 14.08.07.jpg

• Like 2

I do like having a mouth of fully functioning teeth with no huge chasm again:smile: 

It took him a little longer than he'd expected as he had some difficulty locating one of the roots,  He said to wait until tomorrow before engaging in vigorous chewing

Brandy consequently, had a longer than expected extra walk with my Mk2 Focus Estate owning neighbour:smile:

• Like 1

Ford owned cossworth, just dropped off by transporter for display at local festival on bh monday. 

Not to sure on the colour? 

2016-08-26 13.11.30.jpg

Lol, just saw that pop up on the Mk6 Fiesta facebook group!  Unless there's 2 in that awful colour anyway...  :biggrin: 

That was probably the lad I work with , he got mk6 st in blue too

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iantt said:

That was probably the lad I work with , he got mk6 st in blue too

Nice! :laugh: 

I do like being paid to stand in the sun :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club