Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like a relaxing evening with a Consulate, a glass of wine and a Hitchcock film on television! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like Tom's idea working perfectly!  Granted, it took me an hour and a half - but I've syphoned approximately 40 litres of diesel (Esso Supreme) from the GTX thus giving me a full tank in the Quasar, and still around 30 litres left in the GTX to either syphon at a later date, or to use if I get the damn thing running again!

WP_20160914_15_04_01_Pro.jpg

Now I've got more than enough fuel to last me until payday, therefore any remaining funds I have (which I was keeping for fuel) can go on more important things, like alcohol!! :laugh:

Thanks Tom, in hindsight it seems like an obvious solution, but until you suggested it the idea hadn't even entered my mind to use the priming bulb.

Or heaven forbid you actually put that spare funds aside for a rainy day fund....... such as when something goes clunk?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Or heaven forbid you actually put that spare funds aside for a rainy day fund....... such as when something goes clunk?

If something goes clunk on a 20 year old French car, you'd need more than £30 to fix it! :laugh:  Add a couple of extra zeros, plus a miracle and that might do.

In all honesty I am trying to save at the moment, but it isn't easy - for a few different reasons.  Just trust me, if I could put money aside and keep it there - I would.  Hopefully things will change soon though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ianb said:

😯 your so negative 😦

Alcohol is cause & cure of all life's problems.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

😯 your so negative 😦

What this man said! :laugh:

• Like 1

I do like that the Lizzano tomatoes, for the time being, are not succumbing to blight:smile:: unlike the yellow peardrop, the zebra and the black cherry varieties, all of whom have all over their lower leaves.

i also like my old boiler, despite being a contractors special (cheap'n'cheerful with a very short life), was serviced this morning, and the engineer stated nothing has failed yet, or is about to fail, which is quite surprising, given it's now 12 years old:ohmy:  Most of them fail at 4-5 years, mine's still on original parts too!

59 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

In all honesty I am trying to save at the moment, but it isn't easy - for a few different reasons.  Just trust me, if I could put money aside and keep it there - I would.  Hopefully things will change soon though.

I find there's more spare money in the summer and autumn to early winter than the mid winter and spring, I have no idea why it occurs this way.  My bills remains constant throughout the year, yet come summer, I'm sort of awash with spare money.  Which continues until about mid January and then there's less spare money:mellow:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GMX said:

I find there's more spare money in the summer and autumn to early winter than the mid winter and spring, I have no idea why it occurs this way.  My bills remains constant throughout the year, yet come summer, I'm sort of awash with spare money.  Which continues until about mid January and then there's less spare money:mellow:

It could be that you are subconsciously spending more when you notice the spare money, thus having less at the end/start of the year.  Either that, or somebody is seasonally pilfering your savings!! :shock:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GMX said:

yet come summer, I'm sort of awash with spare money.

Increased findings from the early morning take-away visits?wink.pngbiggrin.png

I think I have counted over £100 in this Summer's walks!

The late night customers must be so drunk, that they can not locate their pockets, or just don't care!:drunk:

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Might be better the other way round:

Alcohol cures all problems, but then causes many!

• Like 1

It's weird actually, I used to be the sort of person who'd go out for a drink every saturday etc... now I rarely drink... We've got local friends in bands and we go watch them and have a few drinks, or a few too many, but I am actually pretty wary about not having a drink during the week....

I've got some nice cold beers in the fridge, but the problem is, if at the end of the day I have one, I'll probably want another... so that's 2... then if tomorrow is a 'harder' day than today, then I SHOULD have another couple tomorrow, then if the following day is less hard, well, might as well enjoy having one or two whilst I'm not stressed....

What I'm getting at is that it's very easy to think up excuses as to why I should have a drink.

Wife and myself opened a bottle of red with dinner last night.... still have about a quarter bottle left.... Could be used for cooking :D

.....saying that, it's been a busy day so far.... might be tempted to pour myself a glass... >.<

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Increased findings from the early morning take-away visits?wink.pngbiggrin.png

I think I have counted over £100 in this Summer's walks!

That's true, but it also occurred at the old house, where we didn't come up here to takeaway road.  All the takeaways there, were not clustered together.

15 minutes ago, Ianb said:

It's weird actually, I used to be the sort of person who'd go out for a drink every saturday etc... now I rarely drink...

I am the same, drinking is quite rare now, usually limited to when my youngest brother and sil come down for a long weekend with their pugs. 

I've never been comfortable drinking alone, some people can and do, but for me, it's always something you do with your mates or family.

I think the last time I had "a bit of major drinking session" was after my Dad's funeral in 2014:ohmy: 

It's rare I'll have a drink on my own, sometimes if my wifes away and I've got a takeaway I might have a beer, watch a load of rubbish and eat rubbish... but it's rare she's away, so it rarely happens... and tbh, it's more me wallowing around not knowing what to do, more than me wanting one! haha...

For me really it's a lack of spare cash, I don't really have anything spare at the moment... so a bit of a blow out every other month is sort of where we're at... and even then, we probably shouldn't bother...

We are building up a fairly massive wine store though, my parents give us a bottle or two every time they come and visit, we still have a load from our wedding, other pressies etc. hahaha...

• Like 1

I do like getting some medication for my migraines and panic attacks, plus a follow-up appointment in 4 weeks to discuss my depression/anxiety more in-depth.  Maybe I can finally start to tackle this problem now, that I have been putting off for years. 

• Like 3

Not really a Iike, but it amused me, my elderly mother called up and said "can i give Brandy and Molly some biscuits?"  I assumed she was going to give Molly some Go-Cat and Brandy a Bonio or some Tesco chicken flavoured bone biscuits.

When I went down to the kitchen, both Brandy and Molly had been given bowls, not of biscuits but of Tesco Ultra Wood Cat Litter!:lol1:  I'm not entirely sure how she managed to confuse cat litter for biscuits:unsure:

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

We are building up a fairly massive wine store though, my parents give us a bottle or two every time they come and visit, we still have a load from our wedding, other pressies etc. hahaha...

It's a pity I didn't know you when i was disposing of my wine racks, i did have a 1200 bottle capacity pine/steel rack and a 600 bottle capacity powder coated steel rack, for fridge/coolers plus a few odd standalone ones. They went for derisory amount to a chap in Norwich via eBay, sometimes starting an auction at 99p with no reserve can backfire

6 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

What this man said! :laugh:

I like this drink

maxresdefault_zpsqldf0wc3.jpg

And I like this drink 

IMG_20151219_220319_zpsx4ie8gd9.jpg

Mixed together better than coca-cola 👍😩

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I like this drink

maxresdefault_zpsqldf0wc3.jpg

And I like this drink 

IMG_20151219_220319_zpsx4ie8gd9.jpg

Mixed together better than coca-cola 👍😩

One should try monster with kracken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joss max said:

One should try monster with kracken.

What's Kraken? 

I have a Monster addiction drink 2-3 cans per day,

passenger footwell does be full of empty cans by sundays

I buy iinin bulk now the "assault" variant.

Have just bought a can crushed on eBay today

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16oz-500ml-Large-Beer-Tin-Can-Crusher-Wall-Mounted-Recycling-Tool-Bottle-Opener/371658498805?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Da36922c887e843b3b8a68c9c29c57351%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D381760595191 

because the recycle wheelie bin goes once every twi weeks and does be over flowing with cans wife goes mad rabbiting on re re re 😣.

Seriously I wish I was joking but I'm not atall ld be cheaper drinkin diesel 

• Like 1

>.< and healthier too Lenny!

Of course I know you could be struck down with some unforseen affliction at any point in your life, but seriously drinking way over the odds of caffeine and sugar sure isn't good for you!

• Like 1

Drinking diesel should keep your insides better lubricated too! :lol:   That said, I've never tried an energy drink, partly because of the effect it had on Will out of the Inbetweeners!  Don't drink any caffeine, alcohol or smoke either.  Don't even eat takeaways or sweets.

I'm literally the most boring young person ever. :laugh: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Drinking diesel should keep your insides better lubricated too! :lol:   That said, I've never tried an energy drink, partly because of the effect it had on Will out of the Inbetweeners!  Don't drink any caffeine, alcohol or smoke either.  Don't even eat takeaways or sweets.

I'm literally the most boring young person ever. :laugh: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That said, I've never tried an energy drink, partly because of the effect it had on Will out of the Inbetweeners!  Don't drink any caffeine, alcohol or smoke either.  Don't even eat takeaways or sweets.

Can't see why that list would make anyone boring, maybe just the opposite?

What would be boring is if everyone was the same!

• Like 3

I do like that I've now finally exchanged on my first home. :D

Me loosing my rag seemed to pay off, lol.

• Like 3

I do like getting back with Brandy from a rather late evening stroll, just seconds before the forecast rain started falling:smile:. There were a few forks of lightening in the western sky as we descended down the hill, but no rain at that point.  It's supposed to be flash flood quantities of rain tonight.

There's some distant thunder now:ohmy:

13 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You wouldn't like to celebrate exchanging with a box tomatoes? :unsure:

I picked another 5 kilos tonight:mellow:

11 hours ago, Lenny said:

What's Kraken? 

I have a Monster addiction drink 2-3 cans per day,

passenger footwell does be full of empty cans by sundays

I buy iinin bulk now the "assault" variant.

Have just bought a can crushed on eBay today

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16oz-500ml-Large-Beer-Tin-Can-Crusher-Wall-Mounted-Recycling-Tool-Bottle-Opener/371658498805?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Da36922c887e843b3b8a68c9c29c57351%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D381760595191 

because the recycle wheelie bin goes once every twi weeks and does be over flowing with cans wife goes mad rabbiting on re re re 😣.

Seriously I wish I was joking but I'm not atall ld be cheaper drinkin diesel 

Kracken is Spiced rum of the high octane type  http://www.krakenrum.com/

Will you be mounting the crusher in the car per chance Lenny lol

Edited by Joss max
added detail

7 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Me loosing my rag seemed to pay off, lol.

It usually does when it comes to Estate Agents and lackadaisical solicitors!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club