Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

7 hours ago, GMX said:

It's around 12-13K mark when diesel come into it's own. 

The Mk2 is a 1.8 TDCi Estate on a 06 plate and the Mk1 is a 1.6 Zetec 16v Hatchback on a 54 plate

When I went looking for a Mk2 Estate last year and had narrowed my list down to five to look at. The one I went with was significantly cheaper than all the others, I was expecting to find an IC issue or something majorly wrong with it.  They were no DTCs present and despite spending 3 hours painstakingly trying to find out "a major hidden fault" I couldn't find any.  The seller only wanted £1K for it, all the others were £2-3.5K. Either he didn't know it was worth more, or he did, and didn't care. I was lured by the fault free very low price.  I wasn't actually planning on continuing with diesel, the other four estate on my list were petrol 2 litres (3 Ghias and one Titanium)

Yes, that's what I thought.  Plus as Tom pointed out, yours doesn't have a DPF so there is no reason it couldn't cope with low miles.  That's what I love about my old diesels, is that although I do high mileage anyway, if my lifestyle did change and I only drove short distances then I know they could cope with it easily.  Although that said the only thing that would stop me driving as much as I do would be losing my job, and I don't plan on doing that!  That said, as per my post in the "don't like" thread, I'm on thin ice... :shock:

I do like irony...

WP_20160923_17_55_00_Pro.jpg

Yeah, that's what I say every time I pass an idiotic driver in a Corsa!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iantt said:

I do like having a play with  the new sync 3 

1474646142074-960671867.jpg

14746461882701423544359.jpg

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Looks like Windows 3 graphics.

Hope it works better than it looks.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Can confirm it works well and very responsive Voice Control Excellent. Not clever enough to change radio stations for you though

Customisable icons and UI would be nice, looks very flat tbh.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Usually it's Brandy morning strolls, along by the takeaways I find discarded and lost change. 

However, on tonight's evening stroll, upon bending over to recover Brandy's second deposit of the walk, in one of my 7000 poo bags.  I spotted what appeared to a very trampled upon and slightly damp £20 note stuck to the pavement:ohmy:  It seemed an odd place to mislay a solitary note, right in the middle of a  suburban street, where the nearest shop is about 2 miles away.  I peeled it carefully off the pavement and brought it home, it is rather gritty, somewhat soiled and is currently drying on a coffee filter paper.

I discovered as i ate my tea, Molly likes watching hamsters on TV but is indifferent to other rodents, as I flicked between channels, looking for Police Interceptors or similar.

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like irony...

WP_20160923_17_55_00_Pro.jpg

Yeah, that's what I say every time I pass an idiotic driver in a Corsa!

Mr Corsa seems to have had several liquified cow pats running down his tailgate earlier that day.:laugh: Or, might he have confused a cow pat for a clay bar?:unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Mr Corsa seems to have had several liquified cow pats running down his tailgate earlier that day.:laugh: Or, might he have confused a cow pat for a clay bar?:unsure:

That picture was taken this evening when I was parked outside my local B&M, but God knows what the "stains" actually were!!

• Like 1

I do like finally finding the grass dry enough, to mow the lawns:yahoo:  Such has the on/off rain been, i haven't been able to cut it for over a month:ohmy:, it had begun to take the appearance of a meadow:laugh: Brandy was walking chest deep when she went out to do her business, it was like a forest to Molly:ohmy:

I didn't find any "lost" Brandy deposits amongst  the long grass, there's usually one, but not today:smile: 

I do like taking Brandy for an extended weekend stroll, along the former railway line, that is now a bridleway/cycle path to Salisbury and beyond.  We didn't walk the entire length, only up to Ringwood,  to where it goes under the A31. We then came back through a rather damp West Moors Plantation leading to Ferndown Forest.  Where we encountered some huskies with a wheeled sled and driver, practising going up and down the track.  :smile:

Brandy decided to join in:ohmy: and try and catch up with huskies. something she would've been unable to do, without her daily dose of Metacam on sardines:smile:.  The sled driver was quite surprised that a 16 year old collie springer cross with arthritis was able run and then catch up with his athletic huskies.:smile: All the huskies were a quarter of Brandy's age, and they train every day too.:smile:

There must be a bike event going on locally, or at least west of Ferndown, perhaps in Wimborne.  The bridleway runs alongside the A31 between Ferndown and Canford Bottom, affording a good view of everything on it.  Every few minutes there was a group of bikes, all heading towards Wimborne.  I suppose they could all have been out for Sunday morning ride but there was more far more than usual.

We looked for, but failed to find the red Mustang again, as we came back into Corfe Mullen.

• Like 1

I do like it's a lot cooler, and whilst rain is falling off and on, it's a lot less humid today:smile:

I think yesterday, I reached tomato yield peak with a total of 9 kilos picked in one picking:smile:  Lizzano and Peardrop being the heaviest croppers. :smile: Whereas, Big Daddy is disappointing, despite it's name, they are neither big: nor plentiful - Infrequent Smalls would be and appropriate name:laugh:

I do like knowing that this time next week I'll be on holiday in Edinburgh, with my feet up and a glass of wine!  Can't wait!!

• Like 2

A nice long weekend to look forward to! Finish at 1pm on Friday and have Monday off too! :biggrin:

Can't wait for a break after all the hard work!

Only 3 more sleeps until me, wife, kids & a friend from work + his girlfriend and kid are off to Legoland for the weekend.  His name is also Matt & I think we are going to Legoland more for us rather than the kids lol.  He has all built Lego models hanging off the wall going up the stairs.  

• Like 1

I do like getting more daylight back into the kitchen window:smile:  The yew immediately outside the window had grown rather tall with all the recent rain, it had reached the height and girth where it had been blocking the daylight out for a good third of the window:mellow:  I've pruned it into a much small pear shape, just a few centimetres above the sill, shortly before the sun set:smile:

I also like the "thrown together" pasta I made for tea, using a kilo of tomatoes and  quite a few shallots:smile:

• Like 1

I do like the effect Metacam is having on Brandy and her arthritis.:smile:

Or rather her lack of arthritis, she's running and bouncing about like a puppy:laugh:

• Like 3

i do like having a better day today after getting suspended from work, today i did a cv( first time in 14yrs) , posted it up on indeed website. and within a few hours had alsorts of agencys ringing me saying they had job opertunities for me. couple of hours later im all sorted for first interview tommorow, and another next wednesday.

• Like 3

i do like having a better day today after getting suspended from work, today i did a cv( first time in 14yrs) , posted it up on indeed website. and within a few hours had alsorts of agencys ringing me saying they had job opertunities for me. couple of hours later im all sorted for first interview tommorow, and another next wednesday.

14 yrs at the same place?? That is loyal and then to get suspended am suspecting some grieviance somewhere

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

suspended for alleged bullying , my line manager has lost the plot and accused me after i shouted at him . , he also got an apprentice suspended. as there is only 5 of us and one was at college , one on holiday, just left 1 at work today to do 5 persons work. glad that wasnt me. ha ha.

manager of 1 year didnt like being put in his place by me who does know better. ha ha . im confident i will be reinstated. the apprentice has also been re instated for return tommorow. enjoying being on full pay while at home, and could in the next few weeks able to tell them to stick there job.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, iantt said:

manager of 1 year didnt like being put in his place by me who does know better. ha ha . im confident i will be reinstated. the apprentice has also been re instated for return tommorow. enjoying being on full pay while at home, and could in the next few weeks able to tell them to stick there job.

I know what you mean!  My manager couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel!!  But, her word is always "right" and God help you if you contradict that...

I do like finding my mother's long-lost Nana Mouskouri cassette in a bag of miscellanious tapes earlier today.  Tested it out in the Focus tonight and it plays perfectly, as do all of my cassettes (even the ones from the 1970s).  I don't care what anybody says about CDs - I still prefer tapes!!

I like the first coal fire since last winter...  Albeit on my mother's insistance because she was "too cold" (I however was just fine), but the outside temperature is getting lower by the day, so may as well start now.

WP_20160928_21_00_16_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

crikey, our house is still to warm for me to sleep well, its currently 19c outside tonight

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, iantt said:

crikey, our house is still to warm for me to sleep well, its currently 19c outside tonight

Same here, I sleep with all the windows open at the moment

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club