Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like taking Brandy for an extended morning stroll down to and along to the northern shoreline of Poole Harbour:smile: Following part the former railway line to Hamworthy and returning on bottom end of the roman road that eventually leads to Blandford Forum via Badbury Rings.  We kept encountering small groups of horses and and riders, it seems it's a route popular with the local riding schools.

Although it rained on and off, it wasn't unpleasant cold rain: it wasj just like summer rain, warm yet refreshing:smile:  It also washed the fishy smell off Brandy, which  acquired after rolling in what looked like a slightly decomposing pile of fish guts.:mellow:  Why are dogs drawn to rolling about in some of the smelliest things!?:ohmy:

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like giggling at Gardeners World last night...I mean honestly, who named that! :laugh: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_assoanus

It would appear Dufour named it, and J. A. Schultes & J. H. Schultes publiished it in their Systema Vegetabilium in 1830

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Marie_Léon_Dufour

http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/page/736189#page/275/mode/1up

It's probably not as funny in botanical  Graeco Latin as it is in English. 

• Like 2

the bosses havent spoken to me, just the  group service manager who rang me, to be fair in the meeting i did partly blame the boss and his brother for failing to take action some time ago regarding my managers inability to manage , accusing them of not supporting him knowing he was stressed and couldnt cope.  

burnt my bridges not that i care now . lol

picked all my stuff from work this morning.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

the bosses havent spoken to me, just the  group service manager who rang me, to be fair in the meeting i did partly blame the boss and his brother for failing to take action some time ago regarding my managers inability to manage , accusing them of not supporting him knowing he was stressed and couldnt cope.  

burnt my bridges not that i care now . lol

picked all my stuff from work this morning.

Whilst you've got another job all sorted now, the way your manager went about things, it looks remarkably like constructed dismal.  Which would go against the firm if you wished to pursue it at an employment tribunal. 

• Like 1

i did think that is what it felt like. my partner rang acas for advise , said it wasnt worth chasing up

Spotting a Focus in an extremely rare colour!

20161001_174411_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

I do like leaving work and not having to return for two weeks!  Thank the Lord.

• Like 2

I like seeing a 'V' reg MK1 Focus being washed on its drive as I went past. Nice to see an old car getting a bit of TLC!

• Like 2

I do like a healthy lunch to start my holidays...

WP_20161002_13_56_11_Pro.jpg

What can I say, it's going to be a busy day so I need the caffeine and sugar to get me going!!  Well, that's my excuse anyway.

• Like 2

I do like that I was finally able to indulge in a bit of sweat chocolate flavoured poison in the form of a large McD's milkshake without experiencing masses of pain and other wonderful side affects of Lactose intolerance :sick:.

Finally took the chance on ordering some Lactaid tablets online and happy to say that they work a treat :biggrin:.

• Like 1

do like getting double discount at Halfords by using trade card for 50+ % off then another 15% using our ford owners club membetship card discount . spent £150, charged £59.50. result.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, iantt said:

do like getting double discount at halfords by using trade card for 50+ % off then another 15% using our ford owners club membetship card discount . spent £150, charged £59.50. result.

:o

Do you think they took a loss? So lucky though!

i didnt know they would take both cards, usefull to know.

I do like finding a far greater than expected quantity of winter squashes beneath the leaf canopy, it seems they crop more if you leave them to get on with it. :smile: As opposed to training them up a framework and on to the garage roof.

Last year, when trained I got 3-4 squashes per vine, this year left them to meander, there's 6-7 squashes per vine, they are also bigger, as far the butternuts and cha cha varieties go:smile:

I also like my Roundup resistant perennial weeds who were growing between the paviors have all wilted and desiccated with an application of Resolva 24H:smile:  Which is odd as they both glysophate based herbicides, yet Roundup just didn't work on them:unsure:  There were just too many to hand weed this time.

That reminds me, I walked through a huge squash field on a local 'ramble' last week, I didn't realise there was such a great demand for them commercially!  Also in the next field where what I believe to be turnips, again not something I thought common these days!

Makes a change as it's mostly wheat or sugar beet round here lol. 

I do like a few glasses of red before our holiday in Edinburgh tomorrow!  Only question now is what car to take, the Focus or the 405?  Hmm...

15 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

405, better for long journeys IMO.

Yeah, that's what I think.  After all, the 405s were popular company cars for a reason!!  Long journeys are their speciality, especially the turbo diesels.

I do like the near summer like weather outside.  It was far more like June this morning on Brandy's walk than October! :smile:The wind has turned round 180° to a south westerly, making it it feel even warmer than it did yesterday,  when it was a north easterly.

I found another Britool 12mm spanner on the bridleway in the woods, it's always 12mm spanners!  To date, in close to 15 years of walking with Brandy I've found four 12mm spanners, two Britools, one Laser and one Draper, in some of the oddest of places.

There is another 2-3 kilos of tomatoes to pick on the hanging basketed plants.:smile:  Tomatoes are ripening faster than I can eat them:mellow:

17 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That reminds me, I walked through a huge squash field on a local 'ramble' last week, I didn't realise there was such a great demand for them commercially!  Also in the next field where what I believe to be turnips, again not something I thought common these days!

Makes a change as it's mostly wheat or sugar beet round here lol. 

Squashes are rising rapidly up the nation's top 10 favourite veg. 

Aren't turnips also grown as cattle fodder? @Preecematt will know.

Do they still grow mangelwurzels up there?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like a few glasses of red before our holiday in Edinburgh tomorrow!  Only question now is what car to take, the Focus or the 405?  Hmm...

Where's the GTX gone? It's disappeared from your signature:unsure:

I do like making it to Edinburgh for a week away! Of course, the 405 made the journey easy and relaxed, with plenty of power for the motorways.

WP_20161003_16_32_37_Pro.jpg

2 hours ago, GMX said:

Squashes are rising rapidly up the nation's top 10 favourite veg. 

Aren't turnips also grown as cattle fodder? @Preecematt will know.

Do they still grow mangelwurzels up there?

Hmm...maybe...I've never heard of them! :laugh:  From a quick Google they look pretty similar to sugar beet on top but I'll keep an eye out.

Funnily enough they're harvesting sugar beet today!  As well as loading up the trucks with it down tiny country lanes...I definitely chose the wrong walking route this afternoon! :blush: 

• Like 1

I underestimated today's hanging basket harvest, 2.25 kilo of Lizzano and 2.5 kilos of Peardrop:biggrin:

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Hmm...maybe...I've never heard of them! :laugh:  From a quick Google they look pretty similar to sugar beet on top but I'll keep an eye out.

Funnily enough they're harvesting sugar beet today!  As well as loading up the trucks with it down tiny country lanes...I definitely chose the wrong walking route this afternoon! :blush: 

Mangelwurzel, beetroot, sugar beet and chard have all been bred from Beta vulgaris

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_vulgaris

5 hours ago, GMX said:

Where's the GTX gone? It's disappeared from your signature:unsure:

Sold...  I know, I said I wouldn't do it - but it needed work and I couldn't fix the poor starting issue.  Plus not having any off road space meant that once the MOT expired there was no choice but to fix it or get rid, and I couldn't do the former so that only left the latter.

I really need an automatic anyway, so it's probably for the best.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club