Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like a late lunch of two rib eye steaks and some mashed tatties!  I seldom buy steaks, so it is a treat when I do, and the George Foreman grill cooks them just to my liking.  WP_20161013_14_56_11_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like a late lunch of two rib eye steaks and some mashed tatties!  I seldom buy steaks, so it is a treat when I do, and the George Foreman grill cooks them just to my liking.  WP_20161013_14_56_11_Pro.jpg

Pepper sauce? Or, even better, whisky sauce :wink:

I do like the combination of curly kale and tomato stir fried with a seasoning on thyme, sage and oregano.:smile:  I thought that the kale was possibly going to dominate the plate but it all balanced out most pleasantly.

7 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Brandy too, had a rib eye steak for her tea tonight but hers was completely raw, and was accompanied by 4 equally raw chicken necks, as opposed to tatties.

1 minute ago, GMX said:

I do like the combination of curly kale and tomato stir fried with a seasoning on thyme, sage and oregano.:smile:  I thought that the kale was possibly going to dominate the plate but it all balanced out most pleasantly.

Brandy too, had a rib eye steak for her tea tonight but hers was completely raw, and was accompanied by 4 equally raw chicken necks, as opposed to tatties.

Yum... :mellow:

• Like 1

I do like, at the risk of tempting fate.  My new job, settled in nicely now, get on well with everyone and I'm getting so much more sleep, under loads less pressure & for 3 out of 9 days I've been stuck in 8 fields topping mustard,getting approx 8 acres an hour, 7kph & 6m working width, today I did 60 acres across 3 fields, did 3 fields Last Wednesday totaling about 70 acres & did 2 fields last Thursday totaling about 35 acres.  Also liked receiving a call off BBC Radio Shropshire after a simple text & then going on air to talk about my text.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I do like, at the risk of tempting fate.  My new job, settled in nicely now, get on well with everyone and I'm getting so much more sleep, under loads less pressure & for 3 out of 9 days I've been stuck in 8 fields topping mustard,getting approx 8 acres an hour, 7kph & 6m working width, today I did 60 acres across 3 fields, did 3 fields Last Wednesday totaling about 70 acres & did 2 fields last Thursday totaling about 35 acres.  Also liked receiving a call off BBC Radio Shropshire after a simple text & then going on air to talk about my text.  

Will you be appearing on packets of supermarket vegetables shortly? 

Tesco have gone beyond just naming the farmer/grower, but featuring a photo of the farmer amongst the vegetables in the field and a short biography.(of the farmer not the vegetable).

And what was was your text about?

A while ago, I was briefly on Radio 2 on the Jayney Lee Grace show, also following a text to the show

Rib eye steak, my absolute favourite (with sauteed onions, mushroom and garlic topping).

Not the best quality steak (being technically the rough end of a sirloin( but definitely the most tasty.

You can poke fillet steak up your rear end.

Sent from my SM-G930F

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Rib eye steak, my absolute favourite (with sauteed onions, mushroom and garlic topping).

Not the best quality steak (being technically the rough end of a sirloin( but definitely the most tasty.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Agreed!  I buy most of my meat (including steaks) from Lidl and have never been disappointed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GMX said:

Will you be appearing on packets of supermarket vegetables shortly? 

Tesco have gone beyond just naming the farmer/grower, but featuring a photo of the farmer amongst the vegetables in the field and a short biography.(of the farmer not the vegetable).

And what was was your text about?

A while ago, I was briefly on Radio 2 on the Jayney Lee Grace show, also following a text to the show

It was on a feature about how far people had gone to find their relatives.  I text saying only went on Facebook lol.  They rang me and had to give a bit more info etc on air.  I hope not with the pictures or no one would buy the produce lol.  However if you see anything by either Nick Taylor, or TC & N Taylor & it's organic.  Then that's US whoppe

20 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G930F

Love steak, however I do get slightly confused with what's the best fillet, different pubs/restaurants say different things .  I enjoy a steak anyway mainly because of how much stress cows caused me so I enjoy getting revenge by eating them lol

• Like 2

Frying/grilling steaks in order of tenderness are fillet, sirloin (inc t-bone), rib eye, rump/top rump.

Topside/silverside are primarily roast meat but can be fried if thin cut but should be left medium rare or below due to the tendency to dry out quickly.

Anything below that is basically for casserolling, stewing or mince unless cut very thin and quick fried.

Rule of thumb is the more tender the meat the less tasty it is unless cooked with sauces or loads of seasoning.

Generally, most cuts from a hindquarter of an animal are more suitable to frying/roasting and most cuts from a forequarter are suitable for stewing and braising etc.

I was a butcher in a previous life.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

I do like working out that I have a financial surplus come this month's salary!  Which means I can buy an automatic (if I can find one!) as a second car which I direly need for daily driving.  If I keep driving the 405 on a daily basis my left knee, which is already "dodgy" thanks to a childhood injury, will be completely useless.  It can cope with it a couple of days per week, but every single day is just causing unnecessary pain.

Obviously a 405 automatic would be my dream, but given how rare they are, I've resigned myself to anything by Ford, Volvo or Mercedes.  Those three are quite common with autos and for fairly low prices. 

I do like working out that I have a financial surplus come this month's salary!  Which means I can buy an automatic (if I can find one!) as a second car which I direly need for daily driving.  If I keep driving the 405 on a daily basis my left knee, which is already "dodgy" thanks to a childhood injury, will be completely useless.  It can cope with it a couple of days per week, but every single day is just causing unnecessary pain.

Obviously a 405 automatic would be my dream, but given how rare they are, I've resigned myself to anything by Ford, Volvo or Mercedes.  Those three are quite common with autos and for fairly low prices. 

On that list I will say a merc C class saloon 1.8 kompressor 2005

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Just now, Ken.K said:

On that list I will say a merc C class saloon 1.8 kompressor 2005

Yeah, there was a C-class for sale locally which I was interested in, but unfortunately it sold today!!  I'm ideally looking for something pre-2000 though.  1980s would be even better.

I do like walking alongside the river Stour with Brandy on her longer weekend walk, in non-stop sunshine with little in the way of wind. :smile:We carefully avoided Colin the swan at Cowgrove, as I wasn't carrying any scotch eggs nor ritz crackers.  He was right by the bridge harassing anyone who tried to use it, we carried on walking on the south side until we got to the next swan free bridge at Sturminster Marshall

I also like grilled kippers, I'd forgotten how much better they are grilled, they quite divine grilled:smile:. I've just had couple of them on top a thick bed of spinach and scrambled eggs, as a sort of late breakfast: very morish:smile:

The forecasted rain heavy rain this afternoon, has arrived literally minutes after I put away the lawn spreader away from feeding the lawns:biggrin:.

20 hours ago, Preecematt said:

However if you see anything by either Nick Taylor, or TC & N Taylor & it's organic.  Then that's US whoppe

I'm sure I recognise the name.

You didn't grow yesterday's spinach, that was Mike Nicholson of Suffolk, whose been growing spinach for 37 years and hails from a long line of spinach and leaf crop growers.

17 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Are the W123 Mercedes or the Volvo 960 too big for your needs, they had decent auto boxes on them

45 minutes ago, GMX said:

Are the W123 Mercedes or the Volvo 960 too big for your needs, they had decent auto boxes on them

Bigger the better, I hate small cars!!

21 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Frying/grilling steaks in order of tenderness are fillet, sirloin (inc t-bone), rib eye, rump/top rump.

Topside/silverside are primarily roast meat but can be fried if thin cut but should be left medium rare or below due to the tendency to dry out quickly.

Anything below that is basically for casserolling, stewing or mince unless cut very thin and quick fried.

Rule of thumb is the more tender the meat the less tasty it is unless cooked with sauces or loads of seasoning.

Generally, most cuts from a hindquarter of an animal are more suitable to frying/roasting and most cuts from a forequarter are suitable for stewing and braising etc.

I was a butcher in a previous life.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Thanks for that, you'd of thought I'd be more clued up what with working in farming + my experience with cattle.  If I remember correctly grass grown/reared beef tends to be more tasty yet intensive(indoor, corn/total mixed ration(TMR diets) tend to have more marbling, obviously that all goes out the window if the animal is stressed at cull time.  

2 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like walking alongside the river Stour with Brandy on her longer weekend walk, in non-stop sunshine with little in the way of wind. :smile:We carefully avoided Colin the swan at Cowgrove, as I wasn't carrying any scotch eggs nor ritz crackers.  He was right by the bridge harassing anyone who tried to use it, we carried on walking on the south side until we got to the next swan free bridge at Sturminster Marshall

I also like grilled kippers, I'd forgotten how much better they are grilled, they quite divine grilled:smile:. I've just had couple of them on top a thick bed of spinach and scrambled eggs, as a sort of late breakfast: very morish:smile:

The forecasted rain heavy rain this afternoon, has arrived literally minutes after I put away the lawn spreader away from feeding the lawns:biggrin:.

I'm sure I recognise the name.

You didn't grow yesterday's spinach, that was Mike Nicholson of Suffolk, whose been growing spinach for 37 years and hails from a long line of spinach and leaf crop growers.

We used to grow salad for PDM until they stopped being organic we also used to grow onions but if it rains before picking them up they rot very easily, so all we grow now is, Spuds, Carrots & Parsnippers

A bit modern for you but how about the Peugeot 607,big cars good autos and going for peanuts these days

53 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

A bit modern for you but how about the Peugeot 607,big cars good autos and going for peanuts these days

Yeah, I just don't like modern vehicles unfortunately.  No character!

I'm hoping an 80s or early 90s Volvo or Mercedes comes up, which they have in the past but always when I don't have the money!  Typically, when I do have the funds there will be no such vehicles available... :sad:

I can see what you're saying to a certain extent, but to say all of them don't have character is a bit of a sweeping statement...but that's personal opinion.

P.S. the 607 came out in 1999 so I wouldn't call it modern anymore! 

1 hour ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I can see what you're saying to a certain extent, but to say all of them don't have character is a bit of a sweeping statement...but that's personal opinion.

P.S. the 607 came out in 1999 so I wouldn't call it modern anymore! 

You are right that every car has character, but I feel that modern vehicles are "filtered" and everything is made too easy almost.  For example, my driving instructor's Audi A3 was a great car per se, but I personally couldn't stand it as everything felt bypassed by computers and nothing was directly connected to the driver, if you know what I mean. 

My kind of car is one that is well build, but raw in the sense that you are 100% driving the car.  If you brake too heavily, the wheels will lock up.  Accelerate too harshly and they'll spin.  No electric interference, just a car that does what you tell it.  I'm not saying ABS and T/C et al aren't useful and good safety features, but with them I find that you lose that feeling of being truly connected to the car. 

But, it is all my opinion, and I totally understand other people disagreeing with that.  Same as I only listen to music on records and cassettes, and insist that they provide the best audio quality.  Some prefer CDs and music downloads, but it's all personal preference. 

Having Googled the 607, I now realise that I was thinking of a completely different model!  I've never seen one up here, on the roads or for sale, but I wouldn't rule it out.  I'd really like a 605, but they are so rare these days that they make 405s look common!! :shock:

I have just the car for you then BMW E30 or E3 M3. no electric interference what so ever and a mistake will take off your head.

Edit: even an E46 M3 manual

8 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

I have just the car for you then BMW E30 or E3 M3. no electric interference what so ever and a mistake will take off your head.

Edit: even an E46 M3 manual

I've never been a BMW fan, and couldn't see myself owning one.  I quite like the pre-2000 5-Series, but my ex-neighbour owned one of those and it gave him nothing but problems.

Every car gives issues mate you need to find a good example. I do like the E39 5 series saw a guy at Halfords with 550i super and the engine sound my god

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatal

I see what you mean, but it was an Audi, they're not really known for their amazing driving experience! (Well certainly not an A3 TDI! :biggrin:

I do agree with what you're saying about old cars having something about them, I saw a 1993 Citroen ZX 1.9D for sale on eBay the other day, stunning condition and only 26k miles. Now that will have character, so few left now too. If only i had the room, it wouls accompany a 306...Certainly makes me remember my grandma's ZX! (My favourite part as a 5 year old was the funny front wiper:laugh:)

You might find you're alright with a manual if it had a hydraulic clutch, Jamie?  Doesn't even have to be 'modern', lots of older cars use them, Peugeot cable clutches are always heavy unfortunately.  Is there also a return spring on the 405 clutch pedal?  They stiffen up on the 306s so most of us just remove them nowadays, takes 5 seconds with a flat blade screwdriver.

One of my mates was trying to sell a near-mint ZX 1.9DT for months, it was the cleanest one I'd seen for years but no-one wanted it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club