Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like that it's new car day today!! can't wait to pick it up at lunchtime :D

1 hour ago, AndyFM said:

I do like that it's new car day today!! can't wait to pick it up at lunchtime :D

Congrats! What you getting?!

Fiesta ST-Line 140. 

Will be a 'slight' change from my 55reg 1.8TDCi Focus LX, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyFM said:

Enjoy the day Andrew and the car of course.

I do like to be able to walk to the freezers at the back of the garage, or indeed to my workbenches and toolcab,, without first having to remove 8 large boxes of wood offcuts and 2 bin metal offcuts, to get there:yahoo:

Admittedly they've only got as far as the Focus Mk1 (following the fiasco mentioned on the "I don't like thread) but at least they're not hindering my passage:smile:

I also like the rib eye steak with zero carb pepper sauce which I've just had for tea, accompanied by sauteed mushrooms and shallots with a bag of lambs lettuce (AKA as cornsalad) :smile:

I do like receiving final confirmation that I'll be picking the C220 up next Thursday evening...  I'm taking a risk buying a 20 year old Mercedes, on top of a 20 year old Peugeot and a 16 year old Ford, but I'd still trust any one of those cars more than a new model! 

I'm not saying new cars are bad, but they're just not my thing.  Besides, it's a good feeling knowing my car is the oldest one in the car park when all my colleagues have new Vauxhalls et al.  I also know my car will still be on the road (and a valuable classic) when all those new models are in the scrap yard...

• Like 1

I do like receiving final confirmation that I'll be picking the C220 up next Thursday evening...  I'm taking a risk buying a 20 year old Mercedes, on top of a 20 year old Peugeot and a 16 year old Ford, but I'd still trust any one of those cars more than a new model! 

I'm not saying new cars are bad, but they're just not my thing.  Besides, it's a good feeling knowing my car is the oldest one in the car park when all my colleagues have new Vauxhalls et al.  I also know my car will still be on the road (and a valuable classic) when all those new models are in the scrap yard...

Saw a T reg G wagon and was like hmm Murray might like that

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Saw a T reg G wagon and was like hmm Murray might like that

Interesting vehicles, but not sure I'd like the MPG!!  The C-Class, even being a heavy saloon with an automatic transmission can still manage over 40MPG with the 2.2 N/A diesel.  That's the perfect match of luxury and economy for me!

I do like the sound of a new Focus RS being driven rather quickly. Lovely growl to it.

I do like having a Tesla model S experience today. Very weird feeling driving a full electric but I have to say the pwowe delivery trumps petrol/diesel engine. Instant power no lag and the infotainment system is awesome

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

I do like the sound of a new Focus RS being driven rather quickly. Lovely growl to it.

I have to agree as the lime green RS was following me home this morning. He pulled along side of me on the dual carriageway and nodded to me, and i nodded to him with a thumbs up. Then the growl of the RS and he was gone. made my day.

I like that last night i wound an Astra driver up so much that he stalled.

At lights, crappy Astra with ASBO exhaust, multi-coloured LED's all over the inside and stripes pulls up alongside.

He revs a lot hoping for a bit of Street Outlaw action.

I look across and laugh so hard my sides hurt.

I notice he has his windows down, as I drive with drivers window down on city streets he has heard the raucous laughing emanating ffrom my car.

He looks very hurt and fluffs his clutch bite pulling away.

Cue much more laughter as I cruise away in a leisurely manner.

Me = Happy Bunny :yahoo:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I like that last night i wound an Astra driver up so much that he stalled.

At lights, crappy Astra with ASBO exhaust, multi-coloured LED's all over the inside and stripes pulls up alongside.

He revs a lot hoping for a bit of Street Outlaw action.

I look across and laugh so hard my sides hurt.

I notice he has his windows down, as I drive with drivers window down on city streets he has heard the raucous laughing emanating ffrom my car.

He looks very hurt and fluffs his clutch bite pulling away.

Cue much more laughter as I cruise away in a leisurely manner.

Me = Happy Bunny :yahoo:

Haha, I had a similar experience the other week in Inverness when a tarted up Corsa wanted to race me at the lights.  I know my 405 isn't the most powerful car in the world, but its 1.9 turbo diesel could beat a 1.2 Corsa any day of the week!!  He must have either had bald front tyres and/or been on a particularly slippery piece of tarmac, as when the lights went green he made a lot of noise with very little movement whilst I pulled away effortlessly and he slowly disappeared from view...  I suspect he deliberately kept back after that, too humiliated I expect.

I do like finally emptying Mk1 Focus of all the recycling this morning:smile:  I got there a little too early (8:45am for 9am alleged opening, which turned out to be correct) I was No.2 in the vehicle queue behind a C-Max that seemed to contain an entire childhood nursery (prams, cots, various plastic ride on toys and rocking horse could be seen through the tailgate).  It was quite surprising how many other people turned up with full cars, in the 10 minutes I was emptying mine in the various recycling containers.  It was also surprising to see perfectly good bikes in the scrap metal container:unsure::ohmy:

Brandy's extended stroll was delayed until we got back here, as I'd forgotten the roll of poo bags:ohmy:  Having removed Brandy's Mk1 Focus travel box (she has one for each car) when I was putting the recycling in.  Brandy's stroll followed the Stour eastwards, avoiding the swans, then followed the old railway line into Ferndown Forest and out again to Ringwood and back again.:smile:

It's still warm here, much warmer than October used to be, it 17°C when we got back, and that was with a stiff easterly blowing:ohmy:  It's far too warm in the house, I keep having to remove clothes, even with the windows open

I do find it amusing how most council sites assume any contents of your vehicle are theirs, the second you lay rubber past their gate. One time I was there, much like you saw Ghana, there were nearly brand new bikes in there. One guy was offloading and spotted it, and asked the owner if he would be willing to sell it for a small price. The guy took it out his car and showed him, all of a sudden three attendants came running over and started arguing the signs, saying those state nothing is to be removed from the site. This went on for around 10 minutes, till the original owner told them to go and... Erm.... Do something with themselves, put it in the boot again and drove outside, followed by the perspective new owner, who stood outside the site with the eager attendants watching on, claiming they still couldn't do that. To which the owner said, in as few words, it's my bike, it wasn't in your container, I am not on your site any longer, so shut the... Erm.... 'love' up and get a real... Erm.... 'loving' job. All the while, through the gates, as there was no attendants, I saw one guy empty his stuff into a large pile and help himself to another new bike. He took great delight also in mocking them as he pointed out 'thanks for the new bike'. All this happened whilst I was queuing to leave the area, it was quite fun.

To be fair though, it's a recycling site, issued by the council for public use, what's better than preventing landfill, or, the council making more money out of your goods, than recycling an item directly to another interested resident.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jeebowhite said:

amusing how most council sites assume any contents of your vehicle are theirs,

On one visit to the tip (sorry, recycling centre), the enthusiastic worker there helped us unload, and he threw our packed lunches in the skipohmy.pngsad.png.

I had to wait till he had gone, clamber down into the almost empty skip, and retrieve them:whistling:. Fortunately they were well packed, and survived.smile.png

By great fortune, he did not see this, so could not charge us for them.laugh.png

• Like 1

I like being back home after a couple of days away, something nice about your own bed, although those beds in Premier Inns are REALLY comfy :smile: 

Really chuffed with the Qashqai, 55mpg overall. 200 odd miles mostly on twisty A roads and a couple of days driving around town. 

No Inches roundroundabout incidents this time :smile: looks like they've painted the lines again. 

13 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I like being back home after a couple of days away, something nice about your own bed, although those beds in Premier Inns are REALLY comfy :smile: 

Really chuffed with the Qashqai, 55mpg overall. 200 odd miles mostly on twisty A roads and a couple of days driving around town. 

No Inches roundroundabout incidents this time :smile: looks like they've painted the lines again. 

That's how I felt when we returned from Edinburgh, although on that journey the 405 only got an average of 47MPG which was disappointing.  That said, my speeds on the motorway may have influenced that... :ohmy:

Good to hear they have repainted it, shame they can't do it for the other roundabouts too!!  That said, even the worst road markings in Inverness aren't as bad as Aberdeen...  You have to guess where the lanes are there, and what ones are what!

Albeit rather late, mainly because I put in it the oven rather late, I do like the slow cooked pot roast brisket I've just had for tea:smile:. To keep it low carb, I substituted kale in lieu of potatoes and tomatoes instead of carrots; whilst increasing the celery and lowering the onions. Both Brandy and Molly were soliciting at the edge of the table:laugh:  Paws were placed repeatedly on my lap and loud mioaws uttered as I was trying to eat it:ohmy:

I do like using the Focus's Quickclear for the first time yesterday!  The windscreen was covered in an almost-frozen mist, so turned on the Quickclear and in 20-30 seconds it was completely clear.  Not bad!!

I do like the fact that this week the kids are are on term break for a week. That means a free run to drop my daughter off at work. I find it amazing the difference it makes to our journey.

• Like 1

Yes us professional drivers love school holidays.

• Like 3

I do like that we're off to the Welsh rally the wonderful rally of Wales(fill in the missing words lol) on Saturday.  I to love that it's school holidays not because my kids are off but because of less traffic behind me = less pulling over.  Woohoo

• Like 1

I do like a simple 8 hour shift today (seems so short compared to 10 hours!), day off tomorrow and then PAY DAY on Thursday!! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club