Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like taking Brandy for her extended weekend walk in quite a variety of weather, including a surprising five minute flurry of snow as we passed through Cowgrove! :smile:The only weather we didn't have was a gale, but if the Met Office are right, we can expect to walk in a gale, possibly a severe gale tomorrow:laugh:

On the outward journey, I gathered £28.06 in lost/abandoned change from the pavements outside the takeaways, which is the most I've ever found. :smile: Saturday and Sunday mornings usually yield over £20, but it's rather rare to find more than £25.  That's the next 30kg Brandy's of chicken taken care of then:smile:

When I ordered Brandy's Metacam from the vet yesterday, i happened to say to the nurse that is was quite awkward to measure a 16Kg dose (Brandy's weight) with the syringe provided, as the increments are in 2.5Kg doses and printed rather close together; I usually give Brandy the 15kg dose, as 17.5kg would be too much. 

When I went to collect it this afternoon, she'd left a note on it,  saying she'd put an additional dosage syringe in the box, for 0-5Kg dose.  So, I can do a 15kg dose with the normal syringe and the remaining 1Kg  with the small one:smile:  I wasn't expecting her to do that:smile:  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iantt said:

i doubt it, amazon want you to subscribe to keep watching. 

I bought an amazon Fire box just to watch Clarkson and I've now gotta get a fake IP address to watch it unless I wait until Christmas because I'm outside the Brexit wall 😢

20160128_203710_zpsbaxvx2fx.jpg

20160128_203640_zps5n1bag03.jpg

i doubt it, amazon want you to subscribe to keep watching. 

I bought an amazon Fire box just to watch Clarkson and I've now gotta get a fake IP address to watch it unless I wait until Christmas because I'm outside the Brexit wall 😢

20160128_203710_zpsbaxvx2fx.jpg

20160128_203640_zps5n1bag03.jpg

Get Kodi mate. Google Kodi on amazon easy set up

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Get Kodi mate. Google Kodi on Amazon easy set up

cheers 👍 bought it with Kodi loaded on it.

it's great for films and documentaries.

Seller buys in amazon box's loads kit i software on then sells them for an extra 15 quid 🙌

I've got a thread on my purchase here may interest others since the GrandTour is live: 

So what did the people who have seen episode one think about the first 5 minutes?

Was it just me or did it bring a lump to anyone else's throat?

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I thought it was great, quite funny whilst had a sense of one chapter closing and another beginning. 

Looking forward to the next episode!

• Like 2

Just watched it - loved it!

And not a single stab at the Beeb...*ahem*

Unlike Chris Evans having a dig at Clarkson in every episode of his short (and particularly not sweet) time on Top Gear (R.I.P Top Gear) trying to raise cheap laughs at JC's expense and failing dismally.

Sent from my SM-G930F

and now got kodi all working. thats good and bad , good that i got it working making certain programmes easier to find and watch. bad was my mrs got me searching for movies she wanted to watch. bridget ***** jones ***** baby i had to endure last night!! 

• Like 1

and now got kodi all working. thats good and bad , good that i got it working making certain programmes easier to find and watch. bad was my mrs got me searching for movies she wanted to watch. bridget ***** jones ***** baby i had to endure last night!! 

Welcome to the dark side. Get exodus add-on best series and movie add-on. Also get the repo for sportsdevil and say bye bye to sky

I like a nice sunny day!  Even though it is about -4*C, I don't mind if it is dry with a refreshing crispness to the air.  Makes you feel alive!!

sportsdevil? how do i find that? got exodus.

Same way you got exodus you need to get the sportsdevil repository. Cannot remember the repo link. Will have a search and pm you

I do like the black BMW 330 that was parked further up the road, whose alarm started going off on early Friday evening; (5 minutes of alarm, 1 minute silence with just the hazards and repeat) has been taken away on recovery truck:yahoo:, still with it's alarm sounding and hazards flashing. 

Brandy and I found every path by river Stour this morning, under water and largely impassable. So, we walked around the NT Kingston Lacy estate instead, amidst what seemed like 1000's of Holstein Friesians., In every field we went in, another great cow crowd! 

I do like that my Heath Robinson labyrinth of internal guttering, a volvo windscreen and a dustbin has worked. Diverting all of today's rain into the bin and not all over the floor; despite the cracked roof with the pineapple size hole.  I've had to bail out the dustbin twice, so far. 

Brandy has taken to taking her tea for a walk before she sits down to eat it:huh: Tonight's chicken had a tour of both lounges (including up on the sofa) and the downstairs loo, before being eaten at the foot of the stairs:laugh:

• Like 1

I do like the Kodi builds also,though they may not neccessarily be considered entirely legitimite...

As for the GT, loved it, was so glad to have the "old top gear" back...

• Like 2

I do like that the rain has stopped, for the time being:smile:  Since Brandy has got older, she seems to get muddier during walks in the rain:unsure:

I do like achieving a pretty good parallel park in the C220, without dipping any mirrors (neither work!).  It could just be luck, but I think it is actually one aspect of reversing that I am not too bad at. 

WP_20161123_12_40_16_Pro.jpg

As you can see from the picture, it is also a sunny clear-skied day, with a brisk breeze which is my favourite kind of weather.  Of course, when I actually receive the glow plugs (etc...) to do the work on the 405 it will be blizzards, knowing my luck.

• Like 1

I like that after an enforced 7 day hiatus from the internet we're back online!!!:yahoo:

Long story short, lighting strike last Wednesday night, long waits on phone to Plusnet, finally got Openreach engineer in today only to be told the router is knackered!!! Got a loan of one until new one arrives. 

24 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I like that after an enforced 7 day hiatus from the internet we're back online!!!:yahoo:

Long story short, lighting strike last Wednesday night, long waits on phone to Plusnet, finally got Openreach engineer in today only to be told the router is knackered!!! Got a loan of one until new one arrives. 

Exactly what happened to me a few months ago!  Lightening struck the house and blew our Sky router.

finally got a  2nd job interview and look round work premises arranged after waiting 3 weeks and 1 day since first interview! they took there time, i did get an appology for the wait.i will  probably get there and then they wont offer me what money i want. then i will wait 3 weeks to tell them i dont want the job. ha ha. 

finally got a  2nd job interview and look round work premises arranged after waiting 3 weeks and 1 day since first interview! they took there time, i did get an appology for the wait.i will  probably get there and then they wont offer me what money i want. then i will wait 3 weeks to tell them i dont want the job. ha ha. 

Been out if a job for about 2months Now and just got an interview this week. Am sure you will get what you want and good luck mate

thanks, my new job at present is ok, so no loss if i dont get it.getting used to working on vauxhalls now.

I do like ordering the glow plugs for the 405!!  Hopefully they will arrive quickly and I can fit them myself, to get the car running again.  The only "complicated" bit should be removing the intercooler, which is apparently easy and I've bought another seal for it in case the old one can't be reused.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club