Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

vauxhalls and glow plugs!!! , they dont have problems with glow pkugs................ much. lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

vauxhalls and glow plugs!!! , they dont have problems with glow pkugs................ much. lol

It’s getting harder to start on cold mornings it’s just had a new battery :smile:

59 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Probably available for a days hire from somewhere though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Good idea, hadnt even thought of that!:smile:

So this might sound like a noob thing but I just found out had to use my Foglights 🙃🙃[emoji1][emoji1]. Trying to figure out if I actually had it or they were blown. They work so going to change them and the sidelights to 6000k. And use them as drls. I already put my sidelights on anyways so might as well just add my foglights

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken.K said:

So this might sound like a noob thing but I just found out had to use my Foglights 🙃🙃emoji1.pngemoji1.png. Trying to figure out if I actually had it or they were blown. They work so going to change them and the sidelights to 6000k. And use them as drls. I already put my sidelights on anyways so might as well just add my foglights

sounds good to me :smile:

So this might sound like a noob thing but I just found out had to use my Foglights 🙃🙃[emoji1][emoji1]. Trying to figure out if I actually had it or they were blown. They work so going to change them and the sidelights to 6000k. And use them as drls. I already put my sidelights on anyways so might as well just add my foglights

Nooooooo!!!!!
Illegal and terribly annoying.
Fog lights are for fog not fashion.
Please don't.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

Nooooooo!!!!!
Please don't.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Did not know it was illegal as I see people use them as drls. Will not use them then just use sidelights. Do you know the right bulbs for the sidelights. Am seeing they are 501 but not sure.

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Nooooooo!!!!!
Please don't.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Hear hear!!

2 hours ago, dezwez said:

It’s getting harder to start on cold mornings it’s just had a new battery :smile:

Better do it ASAP, as a diesel won't start on its own in this cold weather without working plugs.  Trust me, I know... :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

Better do it ASAP, as a diesel won't start on its own in this cold weather without working plugs.  Trust me, I know... :rolleyes:

Think i will do it Monday just hope it don't get to cold :smile:

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Nooooooo!!!!!
Please don't.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Never knew that :ohmy:

• Like 1

I do like being physically exhausted and therefore knowing I will get a good sleep tonight.  Normally (due to my office job) I am very tired mentally, but can't sleep because my body isn't tired enough!!

I also like having three working vehicles outside again.  I hate seeing anything not doing its job (people included!), so it was depressing me seeing the 405 stagnating for weeks whilst it couldn't be started.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Never knew that :ohmy:

You didn't know fog lamps couldn't be used in clear weather? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

around 1 in 20 drivers around here don't seem to know either :wacko:

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Did not know it was illegal to convert them to drl,

Did not know it was illegal to convert them to drl,

Just googled it and yeah it is illegally to have your foglights on although you can have your sidelights on as most modern cars use this as Drl. Unless they have fancy stuff on there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Incontro said:

around 1 in 20 drivers around here don't seem to know either :wacko:

1 in 20?  That's pretty good, round here 1 in 5 cars have their fog lamps on, and a lot of the time it is because one of the dipped bulbs is blown!  It's getting ridiculous really.

• Like 1

Half of people don't know the fog light law, other half don't care.
I pulled one driver a while back who argued the toss about them, he swore blind they were drl's until I pointed out the fog light sign on his dash.
He must of thought my eyes were painted on [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Fog lights. Surely the clue's in the name? :unsure: :rolleyes:

You'd think! 

• Like 4

You'd think! 

I believe thinking has become obsolete to some people.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken.K said:

So this might sound like a noob thing but I just found out had to use my Foglights 🙃🙃emoji1.pngemoji1.png. Trying to figure out if I actually had it or they were blown. They work so going to change them and the sidelights to 6000k. And use them as drls. I already put my sidelights on anyways so might as well just add my foglights

Get some Cree H11 LED Bulbs from eBay for the fog lights, I have them fitted straight swap bulb and 6000k 👍

11 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I believe thinking has become obsolete to some people.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Unfortunately you are correct Clive. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Fog lights. Surely the clue's in the name? :unsure: :rolleyes:

I saw a news story recently, I think it was in China, if a driver is caught using their high beams when they aren't needed they have to sit in front of them staring at them for a full minute. Can't we do this to people who drive with their fog lights on when it's not foggy?

• Like 4

Thought they warmed up quite nicely without glow plugs lol

My like is almost related to the fog lights thing...rear though - the bulbs are NOT as listed in the book, but are very quick and easy to change...under a minute per side!

Unlike the headlamps!! Just fitted Nightbreakers after my ns dipped beam blew the other day.

Also washed the car as my other half pointed out that neither of my numberplates were readable through the dirt...oops lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club