Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

On 05/12/2016 at 10:33 PM, GMX said:

Welcome back Ian:smile: 

It must be the week for regulars to return, first Wes and now you, I wonder who'll be next? Mark perhaps?

Careful what you wish for... :mellow:

I do like being in the meat aisle in Tesco, just as the merchandiser bought out 6 crates of reduced butchery counter items:smile: 

Half price briskets, pork bellies with a third off,  Angus steaks with £5 off galore:biggrin:; there wasn't much in the way of chickens though and only half a duck.  Mind you Tesco chicken with discounts is still more than Brandy's chicken supplier, and it's the wrong ratio of flesh to bone on a Tesco chicken (without butchery intervention) for Brandy. So I got her the duck and filled two bags of cuts for me.:biggrin:

I had to upgrade trolley sizes, to the deep family one as I already had an overflowing regular trolley of every cat food Tesco sell, when I got to the meat aisle:mellow:  Hopefully amongst them, there'll be at least one kind Molly will eat. :unsure:

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Wrong one, I meant  Mondeo  Mark http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/profile/61943-mondeo-txs-22/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

A lot of people run old diesels with only 3 plugs anyway if one snaps off.

My 106 NAD only had 3 due a snapped one...  On a cold morning it took a full throttle start culminating in a tonne of diesel knock and plumes of white smoke filling the street...  Had a loose aux belt squealing away as well... :laugh:  That was an awful car lol...

I do like that the eyesore of a Renault van that's been parked opposite my flat since I moved in 18 months ago has finally gone today!!  :biggrin:  Council left a letter on its screen last week so not sure if they removed it or someone else did, but either way I'm glad to be rid of it lol!!

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

My 106 NAD only had 3 due a snapped one...  On a cold morning it took a full throttle start culminating in a tonne of diesel knock and plumes of white smoke filling the street...  Had a loose aux belt squealing away as well... :laugh:  That was an awful car lol...

I do like that the eyesore of a Renault van that's been parked opposite my flat since I moved in 18 months ago has finally gone today!!  :biggrin:  Council left a letter on its screen last week so not sure if they removed it or someone else did, but either way I'm glad to be rid of it lol!!

Something similar happened with a Saxo VTS near my aunties, it was there for months on end then one Monday morning there was a letter on its windscreen. Couple of days later we went round there on the Wednesday and a recovery truck arrived hooked up to it, dragged it onto the back of the truck and off it went.

Funny story, there is currently an Astra and a Transit also on that car park now which have been reported a number of times in the past few months, Monday just gone council turned up enquiring to who they belonged too, I expect a similar result shortly. :smile:

• Like 1

The odd thing about this van is that it seemed to be owned by someone who never drove it but stored stuff in it...  He moved away 6 months ago (other end of the country!) and just left it there though, would think it was even worth something in scrap if he couldn't be bothered to sell it! :unsure:   I didn't realise the council could do anything about it as it's a private car park...I'd have complained about it months ago if I'd known lol. 

I think the council give it seven days without any tax then they can tow it :smile:

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The odd thing about this van is that it seemed to be owned by someone who never drove it but stored stuff in it...  He moved away 6 months ago (other end of the country!) and just left it there though, would think it was even worth something in scrap if he couldn't be bothered to sell it! :unsure:   I didn't realise the council could do anything about it as it's a private car park...I'd have complained about it months ago if I'd known lol. 

With this transit guess what, they are storing stuff in it. But this is a housing associations car park but they work with the council which is probably why the council are dealing with it.

• Like 1

I do like the warm weather has returned, even if it's brought some persistent drizzle with it.:smile:  Back to walking Brandy in just a shirt,compared to the double fleeces and beanie hats of a couple of days ago.:smile:

In addition to the £16.37, gathered in loose change along the pavement by the takeaways, this morning.:smile:  I found a wallet, whose owner had clearly put down and forgotten to pick up again.:ohmy:  It was balanced on top of the street rubbish bin, but not in the fashion of it being abandoned but as if was placed there deliberately and absent mindedly forgotten:mellow:

I believe the right course of action in such circumstances is to try and find it's owner, through anything that might be in it and if that fails, to hand it over to the police.  Contained within it was £475 in cash, three credit cards, one debit card, a gym membership, a driving licence, several receipts, two condoms and some business cards.  The business cards were all all the same, suggesting it was the wallet owner's business. a graphic design studio.

I phoned the first number on the business card and got a message "Thank you for your call! We are currently shut, our office hours are 9am through to 6pm, please leave a message after the tone; or try again later?"   I left a message, and thought I should try the other two numbers on the card too, both were mobiles, and I was more likely to get the wallet owner.  The first one, it just rang and rang, there was no message service to leave a message on.  I then sent a text, perhaps it was switched to silent.:unsure:

The second number initially went to voicemail, as I got to the part ".... your wallet on a bin in Broadstone whilst walking my dog, just now",  it was picked up.  He was rather relieved, although he didn't realise he'd actually lost it, until I phoned.. He went and checked his coat pocket, as he'd thought it was still there.

Apparently last night, he and and mate had taken a taxi from a pub in Poole to the Indian takeaway, they asked it to wait whilst they got their food. He was going to walk home and his mate would continue to Wimborne.  His mate hadn't got any loose change for a tip.  He keeps his loose change in his coat pocket along with his wallet.  He removed the wallet and put it on the bin whilst he rummaged at the bottom of his pocket for change; his left hand was occupied with his takeaway bag.  His mate then went off in the taxi and he walked home, leaving his wallet on the bin, not realising he hadn't put it back in his pocket. :ohmy:

He was reunited with his wallet some 3 minutes later:smile:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Contained within it was £475 in cash, three credit cards, one debit card, a gym membership, a driving licence, several receipts, two condoms and some business cards. 

He was one lucky man! I think £475 would have been too much temptation for some folk.

But maybe not so lucky the day before. Returning home with £475 and two condoms, does that suggest his evening out had been slightly less successful than he had hoped for!:laugh:

What are people like when they have had a few drinks, dropping money, wallets and whatever else all over the place. I was never like that.:whistling::hehe: Well, if I was, I don't remember much about it.:wink:

A month or so ago now, another man had a lucky day, though it went wrong to start with.

He was driving down a hill on a main road, with a 30 restriction at the bottom. Put on the brakes, and there was a nasty noise & the car veered sharply left. He must have been quick to release the brake, and managed to control the speed well enough to turn into a side road, and come to a halt at the bottom, just before a junction. I would have thought that at this point, clean underwear might have been required :shock:, but he did not say anything about that!

Anyway, he called the AA, and they came out. His NSF radius arm (the one from hub back at an angle to the sub-frame) had come out at one end, so there was almost no fore-aft control on that wheel. Scare-eee. He muttered something about a garage doing some work on that wheel a little while ago.

The recovery man was obviously reluctant to tow him to a garage, and set about re-fitting the arm and replacing the missing nut & washer, with a rather limited set of parts he had. A 10mm shakeproof washer was needed, and at this point they spotted someone in a garage, just over the road from the breakdown. That was me. I must look like someone who keeps lots of bits & pieces of junk & nuts & bolts! I did find something of the right sort after a bit of firkling about. As it happens, I was in the garage machining up some ali bits for a custom LED reversing light.

A little while later, he re-appeared at the garage door with two washers. One small, with a big hole, one big, with a smaller hole. "The AA man wants a hole that size" (big hole) "in the big washer", he said, not sounding very hopeful. "What we want is a vernier", says I, reaching down to pick up the caliper from the bench. "Ah, 13.0mm. What we need is a 13mil drill", says I, reaching down to pick up the 13mm bit that had been next to the caliper. "Drilling big holes in washers can be tricky, what we need is a lathe", says I, reaching down to pick up the chuck key for the lathe in font of me. I had just earlier been drilling a 13mm hole in my ali.

Washer in chuck, drill in tailstock, quick drill, little longer file to de-burr, job done. One happy chappy.smile.png

But what a co-incidence, to break down & need a job done like that, only to find the 2nd nearest house to the breakdown not only had the tools, but they were in use on the bench. It is not that often I am out in the garage using the lathe. Less than once a month. Spooky!

• Like 7

Only having 11 more Workdays before Holidays.

been working six days per week since January and it's really getting to me now as the year has flown.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iantt said:

Finally handed in my notice!

....and there ends your brief era repairing Vauxhalls :yahoo:

• Like 1

On 12/9/2016 at 5:52 PM, iantt said:

That'll mean a few less Vauxhalls out on the roads next year:wink3:biggrin.png.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

That'll mean a few less Vauxhalls out on the roads next year:wink3:biggrin.png

That reminds me, the people opposite who had far too many Vauxhalls to be considered healthy; have replaced their Corsa with a Fiesta, their Zafira with a Sharan and their Insignia with a Mondeo; all within the last month.  The elderly Frontera is still there though

• Like 3

Run out of matches? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Woohoo!!  Onward to bigger and better things...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Run out of matches? emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G930F

He doesn't need matches: Vauxhall's self-ignite :laugh:

• Like 2

Anyone else think it's a bit coincidental that it's only within the last few weeks that Corsa's have been bursting into flames too...

...about as long as Ian has been saying he was looking at leaving VX?
:D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iantt said:

Funny, I'm an arsonist on the quiet lol

I KNEW IT!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

Funny, I'm an arsonist on the quiet lol

New addition to the family, may I present Twiglet....

Another female Scottish Terrier.... 

Pret is dealing with her quite well tbf.. :)

Pret and twigs.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ianb said:

New addition to the family, may I present Twiglet....

Another female Scottish Terrier.... 

Pret is dealing with her quite well tbf.. :)

Pret and twigs.jpg

😦awww 💓

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club