Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

44 minutes ago, Incontro said:

1.8 6 speed version shouldn't be too slow tbh...

And personally I'd avoid the 3-door models - significantly less practical, and resale demand is low.

agreed on the 3 door thing... I went from a 3 door to a 5 door car, it was decidedly better, then an estate... now I'm convinced either a van or a 4x4 lol.... unless I can get in with a sneaky ST estate first :lol:

agreed on the 3 door thing... I went from a 3 door to a 5 door car, it was decidedly better, then an estate... now I'm convinced either a van or a 4x4 lol.... unless I can get in with a sneaky ST estate first [emoji38]

Thing is I do not regularly carry passengers only me and the Mrs. Then when a lil one comes along I think it should be fine. Stumbled across mk2.5 ST2 and ST3s now. I am now even more confused

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Thing is I do not regularly carry passengers only me and the Mrs. Then when a lil one comes along I think it should be fine. Stumbled across mk2.5 ST2 and ST3s now. I am now even more confused

I do understand, the only thing is, there is nothing more blooming awkward than trying to get something out the second row of a 3 door car.. I actually had a nephew in his car seat in the back of my 3 door when I was younger and it was a nightmare, not to mention parking spaces (as 3 doors have bigger doors). Of course it's each to their own and don't let my opinion sway what you desire if you don't want it to, it's just what I've experienced and what I'd personally never go back to by choice...

• Like 1

I do understand, the only thing is, there is nothing more blooming awkward than trying to get something out the second row of a 3 door car.. I actually had a nephew in his car seat in the back of my 3 door when I was younger and it was a nightmare, not to mention parking spaces (as 3 doors have bigger doors). Of course it's each to their own and don't let my opinion sway what you desire if you don't want it to, it's just what I've experienced and what I'd personally never go back to by choice...

That is actually advice and never thought about it. They do have bigger doors and when a lil one comes it sure will be awkward in say a shopping mall. Will research more before next buy. Thank you for the advice

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

These "Feisty Pets" teddy bears 😁 saw in the you store today and had to take a short video lol 

squeeze the back of there head to alter facail expression 😀

That would give some children nightmares, I'd bet!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

I do understand, the only thing is, there is nothing more blooming awkward than trying to get something out the second row of a 3 door car.. .

Lol, guess how many doors the tiny Ford dealer customer car had (the one that ferried customers (notice the plural) from the dealer to the town center)?

Facepalm.

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

agreed on the 3 door thing... I went from a 3 door to a 5 door car, it was decidedly better, then an estate... now I'm convinced either a van or a 4x4 lol.... unless I can get in with a sneaky ST estate first :lol:

Why stop at a van? Buy a bus :smile:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Lol, guess how many doors the tiny Ford dealer customer car had (the one that ferried customers (notice the plural) from the dealer to the town center)?

Facepalm.

Why stop at a van? Buy a bus :smile:

A bus? I think he needs a train!

• Like 2

At the moment, each of Brandy's walks are in completely different weather. :smile: Yesterday morning, in bright sunshine with low fog yet rather warm.  Last night after a sudden temperature drop of 17°C in the early evening, clear skies and everything covered with an ice glaze, where the dew had frozen: rather than a proper frost.  This morning's walk was conducted in both fog and heavy drizzle but it's very warm again. I wonder what tonight's walk weather will be:unsure:

3-door cars are equally awkward when buying timber lengths and panels longer than about 2 metres unless you have roof bars. and when collecting fridges, washing machine sized appliances, or 210L L-ring drums.  On a 5-dooor, there's greater access to manipulate your load in and out, from the sides.

13 hours ago, Pullock said:

Perhaps one of those multi trailered Australian road trains would suit:laugh:

14 hours ago, Pullock said:

Bit impractical unless there are rails to his house though! :laugh: There's a huge lifted American style pick up round here.  Not sure if it actually 'works' or if it's just for advertising an excavation company but either way it's massive and always dirty lol.  Only ever seen it on the move, been trying to grab a stationary pic of it with the 'tiny' Focus for ages now lol.

I do like getting an MOT booked for the Mk1 Focus:smile:, although I have to wait until Wednesday morning for a slot: my tester mate is unusually busy.  He normally gives me a slot the same day.

I suppose all the people who are going away for Xmas; and have due dates before the end of the month coinciding with their VED expiry are having theirs done now

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

When the mileage and trip work out perfectly... :whistling:

IMG_20161212_155141591.jpg

Mine has 220,875km 😭

But still on factory turbo ✋hi5😀

• Like 1

At the moment, each of Brandy's walks are in completely different weather. smile.png Yesterday morning, in bright sunshine with low fog yet rather warm.  Last night after a sudden temperature drop of 17°C in the early evening, clear skies and everything covered with an ice glaze, where the dew had frozen: rather than a proper frost.  This morning's walk was conducted in both fog and heavy drizzle but it's very warm again. I wonder what tonight's walk weather will beunsure.png
3-door cars are equally awkward when buying timber lengths and panels longer than about 2 metres unless you have roof bars. and when collecting fridges, washing machine sized appliances, or 210L L-ring drums.  On a 5-dooor, there's greater access to manipulate your load in and out, from the sides.
Perhaps one of those multi trailered Australian road trains would suitlaugh.png

I'm up your way at the weekend.
Visiting the SB lads in Poole for a training exercise.
Should be fun.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

When the mileage and trip work out perfectly... :whistling:

IMG_20161212_155141591.jpg

Never mind taking pics, you better get some fuel in it!:laugh:

• Like 5

I do like that Brandy didn't seem to mind, not having a chicken for her tea and had yet another bowl of fresh tripe with another piece cow femur, exactly the same as she had for breakfast.

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

I'm up your way at the weekend.
Visiting the SB lads in Poole for a training exercise.
Should be fun.

Sent from my SM-G930F

You can always pop in on your way back for a cuppa, a mince pie and a stroke of Brandy:smile:  

• Like 2

At long last, 2 and a half years later than planned and 3 attempts later...I have now passed my Officer Of the Watch Oral Exam!!

To say I'm relieved, happy, and somewhat exhausted is an understatement!!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SeanW said:

At long last, 2 and a half years later than planned and 3 attempts later...I have now passed my Officer Of the Watch Oral Exam!!

congratulations :smile:

• Like 3

Watch for the nightwalkers and wildlings

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Congratulations Sean:biggrin:

• Like 4

I do like that I finally signed my contract was expected to start on Thursday but now I start on Wednesday so extra day of pay for me. Good stuff

• Like 5

Must have been murder on the knees [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

I do like that Brandy didn't seem to mind, not having a chicken for her tea and had yet another bowl of fresh tripe with another piece cow femur, exactly the same as she had for breakfast.

You can always pop in on your way back for a cuppa, a mince pie and a stroke of Brandysmile.png  

Would love to Fella however the exercise is bound to be full on effort.
Nieces husband is a Major at Hamworthy and conferred with me when planning the whole thing.
He felt putting me and the dogs through our paces would be a nice work out plus being ex armed response gives me a chance to have a cheeky cabby with some of their more 'exotic' weapons.
They've exercised with the MoD police dog handlers before but don't seem too impressed with them and like the idea of utilising dogs that do the full range of taskings on a daily basis rather than once in a blue moon.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

Our two year old son Tadhg (Taigh) responds with "eight" 

any time you ask him a question containing the word "plus" 

So if i ask "Tadhg what is 2 plus 6" 

Tadhg says 8 

😁

it's great fun especially when you ask Tadhg what's 24 take away 17 plus 1 

he says 8 😁

• Like 1

I'm now starting the 10th week of my diet and Tuesday is my weekly measurement and stats day.  Last week, I've lost another 0.5% of body fat and gained 0.2% muscle mass, my girth is 12mm less again:smile:, I seem to have settled into losing 12mm a week at the moment.:laugh:  This is third week it's been 12mm! 

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

Our two year old son Tadhg (Taigh) responds with "eight" 

any time you ask him a question containing the word "plus" 

So if i ask "Tadhg what is 2 plus 6" 

Tadhg says 8 

😁

it's great fun especially when you ask Tadhg what's 24 take away 17 plus 1 

he says 8 😁

If he goes to a toddler group, you could work out some complicated mathematical formulae that contained "Plus" and the answer was in fact "8"  and use it to confound all the other parents and staff, with your "maths genius son"

• Like 5