Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Seems an odd time to be dieting Ghana, you might put it back on again over Xmas lol!

Back in October I started a diet month after many ice creams and biscuits over summer lol.  Oddly I didn't put on any weight over the summer despite eating that.  Then I didn't lose any during the diet month and can't say I felt any healthier either so gave up.  But now I've gone back to eating the occasional biscuit and packet of crisps, nowhere near as much as summer and obviously no ice cream, I've put on a few kilos in the last 6 weeks.  I just don't understand bodies at all! :unsure:. Waiting for January before trying again though lol!

I'm in a new to me truck today. A 63 plate DAF and what a ruddy excellent option it's got.
Four sensors down the nearside and when I indicate left a loud voice states Warning. Vehicle Turning Left.
I think all trucks should have that option. I've seen many a startled pedestrian in my mirrors. I like it.

• Like 4

I've just returned from taking the Mk1 Focus for it's MOT, which it passed (again) with no advisories (again). :smile: This brings my unblemished record of continually getting MOT passes to 40:smile:  Spread amongst 2 Foci, a Peugeot, 406, 2 BMW 7 series, several Volvos and an Astra.  

It goes to show if maintain and service your cars properly, the MOT is a annual formality, like Xmas and birthdays,

I also like finding a massive box from Makita in the hall as I entered:smile:.  I assume the courier put it there, as my elderly Mum struggles with a 4pt carton of milk, I can't see moving a 30Kg box from the doorstep into the hall

18 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Seems an odd time to be dieting Ghana, you might put it back on again over Xmas lol!

Back in October I started a diet month after many ice creams and biscuits over summer lol.  Oddly I didn't put on any weight over the summer despite eating that.  Then I didn't lose any during the diet month and can't say I felt any healthier either so gave up.  But now I've gone back to eating the occasional biscuit and packet of crisps, nowhere near as much as summer and obviously no ice cream, I've put on a few kilos in the last 6 weeks.  I just don't understand bodies at all! :unsure:. Waiting for January before trying again though lol!

It may be, but I'd reached the limit of how girthsome I was prepared to put up with. On October the 3rd I decided it was too much and needed curtailing.

Due to the fact it takes 3-4 weeks to become keto-adapted, I shall probably continue to diet during Xmas, added to which you have to carefully re-introduce carbs gradually when you want to stop dieting. I think it's something like, add 3g per kilo of body weight, per day, over an extended period until you're back to a normal amount. The liver can't cope with it, if you return to normal suddenly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

I'm in a new to me truck today. A 63 plate DAF and what a ruddy excellent option it's got.
Four sensors down the nearside and when I indicate left a loud voice states Warning. Vehicle Turning Left.
I think all trucks should have that option. I've seen many a startled pedestrian in my mirrors. I like it.

Travis Perkins by any chance?

That seems to get on a lot of drivers nerves whilst waiting at lights turning left. lol

I do like the fact that finally I will be going out in a big boys truck tonight, with another driver for a week or so before being let loose on my own back on the road.

It will be so nice after being stuck in the yard for over a year and a half shunting.

Most likely a Volvo FH, will find out where I am going tonight.

I have been itching to get behind the wheel since passing my test back in July.

Finally had my driving assessment done last week so now i'm all good to go.

• Like 2

I do like having the offer of attending an open day tomorrow to discuss a potential new job...  Couldn't really come at a worse time after the accident, but if I can get dressed and put up a "everything is OK" front for a few hours, I could secure myself a new job which could earn me more money and get me out of the current job which I hate.

I also like ordering two new pairs of glasses online for less than I would pay for one at a high street opticians.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I also like ordering two new pairs of glasses online for less than I would pay for one at a high street opticians.

Interesting, come on now, was it really black ice or the need for new glasses?:wink:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Interesting, come on now, was it really black ice or poor vision?:wink:

Shh!!!  No - seriously - my glasses were broken in the crash, and I only had one pair of non-tinted lenses.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Shh!!!  No - seriously - my glasses were broken in the crash, and I only had one pair of non-tinted lenses.

Ha ha. Okay, I believe you!:laugh:

44 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Ha ha. Okay, I believe you!:laugh:

It is strange though, because I know I was wearing my glasses whilst driving, but have no recollection of them falling off during the crash, although I remained conscious throughout it.  That said, I don't remember actually hitting the wall, which must have been when they were thrown from my head.  I had been meaning to replace those for the past few weeks, after the the frame broke and was literally being held together with super glue.  At least now I had an excuse to buy new ones...

21 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

It is strange though, because I know I was wearing my glasses whilst driving, but have no recollection of them falling off during the crash, although I remained conscious throughout it.  That said, I don't remember actually hitting the wall, which must have been when they were thrown from my head.  I had been meaning to replace those for the past few weeks, after the the frame broke and was literally being held together with super glue.  At least now I had an excuse to buy new ones...

The glasses would be the last thing on your mind in a crash like that i would think:smile:

11 minutes ago, dezwez said:

The glasses would be the last thing on your mind in a crash like that i would think:smile:

True.  Strange that I can't recall them falling off though, as I do remember it in quite some detail.  That said, every time I "replay" it in my mind, it gets more and more vague, so I guess some details are missing.  Perhaps not a bad thing either, as it isn't something I want to have stuck in my memory!!

• Like 1

It will soon fade just rember about the ice how bad it can be 

39 minutes ago, dezwez said:

It will soon fade just rember about the ice how bad it can be 

Oh don't worry, I'm not likely to forget that as long as I live.

• Like 1

I do like the Tesco Finest 97% pork cumberland sausages that I've just eaten for tea with a broccoli salad and mayonnaise:smile:, despite being harassed/solicited on both sides by Molly and Brandy.

it did look as if they were working together, for the common good of sausages, Brandy bouncing and lunging about, creating a distraction on one side: whilst Molly tried to grab a sausage with an extended paw.from the other:ohmy:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like the Tesco Finest 97% pork cumberland sausages that I've just eaten for tea with a broccoli salad and mayonnaise:smile:, despite being harassed/solicited on both sides by Molly and Brandy.

it did look as if they were working together, for the common good of sausages, Brandy bouncing and lunging about, creating a distraction on one side: whilst Molly tried to grab a sausage with an extended paw.from the other:ohmy:

That is the benefit of only having one geriatric cat.  Yes she does try to pilfer your food, but is easier to distract/deflect without having another animal present for back-up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

That is the benefit of only having one geriatric cat.  Yes she does try to pilfer your food, but is easier to distract/deflect without having another animal present for back-up.

Sounds fairly similar to my cats when I have chicken or fish, one of them will sit next to you and not try anything, but very grateful if you offer her some, the other would steal the plate if she could. We've started leaving her in the kitchen when we eat and the let her out to lick the plate when we're done. :laugh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pullock said:

Sounds fairly similar to my cats when I have chicken or fish, one of them will sit next to you and not try anything, but very grateful if you offer her some, the other would steal the plate if she could. We've started leaving her in the kitchen when we eat and the let her out to lick the plate when we're done. :laugh:

We used to be strict about that, not letting the cat near any "human plates", but in recent years we've stopped caring and let her lick off any remnants, so long as it is safe for her to eat obviously.

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

We used to be strict about that, not letting the cat near any "human plates", but in recent years we've stopped caring and let her lick off any remnants, so long as it is safe for her to eat obviously.

We are mostly the same but she constantly tries to climb onto the plate which is the main issue besides all the fur falling off into it. When we first had them it was cat food and nothing else but now they are 4 years old we've also let them share so to speak.

I do like that I bulk buy loo roll:smile:

Since I got up, I've used 2 entire loo rolls and have just commenced my third:laugh: 

I don't buy tissues for nose blowing and loo roll for wiping; just loo rolls for all my personal tissue related activity. Although I do use kitchen roll in the kitchen; loo roll isn't strong enough for kitchen spills

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I've never instilled that with the cats, but Brandy was initially trained just to sit under the table and wait, whilst I ate.  It's when I choose to eat in an armchair in the lounge, it all goes to pot:laugh:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like that I bulk buy loo roll:smile:

Since I got up, I've used 2 entire loo rolls and have just commenced my third:laugh: 

I don't buy tissues for nose blowing and loo roll for wiping; just loo rolls for all my personal tissue related activity. Although I do use kitchen roll in the kitchen; loo roll isn't strong enough for kitchen spills

I've never instilled that with the cats, but Brandy was initially trained just to sit under the table and wait, whilst I ate.  It's when I choose to eat in an armchair in the lounge, it all goes to pot:laugh:

Very true.  Sometimes if I can get a good deal on kitchen roll, I buy that in bulk and use it for toilet roll purposes too. 

I do like, visiting Tesco, one the way back from a client, not only finding 600ml single cream has returned:yahoo: but being next to the fish counter when they were marking down the kippers by 50%:yahoo: I restrained myself and only acquired 6 bags.  

The meat merchandiser was reducing, so  I treated Brandy to some chicken thighs and beef hearts and returned to the fish counter for Molly's treat of prawns and cod pieces 

More importantly with my streaming cold, I am now in possession of some carb free Tesco all-in-one max strength cold capsules; well 32 of them.:smile: 

57 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Very true.  Sometimes if I can get a good deal on kitchen roll, I buy that in bulk and use it for toilet roll purposes too. 

I usually buy Tesco EDV jumbo kitchen roll.  I've tried the branded ones but don't really notice any difference apart from a higher price.

• Like 1

Can't believe youd use kitchen roll on your backside?? :ohmy: It's like sandpaper compared with loo roll!! :lol: I suppose it depends how often you 'go' as to how much wear it causes though lol.

I also use loo roll for everything except kitchen duties and dipstick wiping, oil gets through loo roll too easily...  I get nose bleeds quite a bit so always keep a roll by the bed for emergencies, save ruining the duvet and carpets on the way to the bathroom lol.  However I wasn't aware of what other people keep loo roll by the bed for...yes I'm quite naive in that area lol...it wasn't until I was told to move it when I had visitors that I realised. :sad::mellow:

• Like 2

I've got loo rolls all over the place, each Focus has at least 3 loo rolls in it, a flattened one in the drivers door pocket, a reserve one in the glove box and one in the boot.  Brandy's travel bag contains one, but that moves between cars, with her

For dipstick wiping, I use old T shirts cut into 150mm squares.

I took a loo roll with me this afternoon whilst presenting to a client.  My colleague thought it was funny each time I unwrapped a solitary sheet from the roll on the table, and performed a discrete snort.

Clearly didn't bother the client, they agreed to our offer and we secured another 6 months of work on the order book.

37 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Can't believe youd use kitchen roll on your backside?? :ohmy: It's like sandpaper compared with loo roll!! :lol:

I have before now, in someone else's loo, when there has been insufficient paper on the loo roll, and I still need of wiping: used the cardboard inner, which I've torn open to form flat piece:lol:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GMX said:

I've got loo rolls all over the place, each Focus has at least 3 loo rolls in it, a flattened one in the drivers door pocket, a reserve one in the glove box and one in the boot.  Brandy's travel bag contains one, but that moves between cars, with her

For dipstick wiping, I use old T shirts cut into 150mm squares.

I took a loo roll with me this afternoon whilst presenting to a client.  My colleague thought it was funny each time I unwrapped a solitary sheet from the roll on the table, and performed a discrete snort.

Clearly didn't bother the client, they agreed to our offer and we secured another 6 months of work on the order book.

I have before now, in someone else's loo, when there has been insufficient paper on the loo roll, and I still need of wiping: used the cardboard inner, which I've torn open to form flat piece:lol:

I'm going to have great difficulty erasing that image from my mind... :shock:

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club