Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

6 minutes ago, GMX said:

I'd need it to rain in soot to get the same effect with mine:lol:

Be careful what you wish for!! :ohmy::laugh:

8 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Ah, you got snow too then.  The Peugeot and Ford are slightly "dusted", but nothing major...

WP_20170112_23_10_16_Pro.jpg

I'm not sure where you are exactly, but guessing it is Nairn/Inverness area, which most likely has the same as here.  Strangely, as I drove from Lossiemouth to Elgin this evening, the temperature dropped quite a bit, and there was a fair bit of black ice on the roads.  Isn't it strange how a few miles can make a big difference?

That's not as severe as the BBC news reports are saying Scotland is getting

5 minutes ago, GMX said:

That's not as severe as the BBC news reports are saying Scotland is getting

Just like when last summer it was reported that this winter was going to be the worst since 1962-63...  Complete bull excrement.

I didn't even have so much as a frozen windscreen tonight, just a light dusting of snow which the wipers swept away easily.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Just like when last summer it was reported that this winter was going to be the worst since 1962-63...  Complete bull excrement.

I didn't even have so much as a frozen windscreen tonight, just a light dusting of snow which the wipers swept away easily.

Exactly the same over here few snow drops bit of wind then rain, 

I've had colder relationships 😁

So it wasn't snowing here when I got up...got out of the shower and the ground is white with quite a heavy snow fall now. :dry:  Hopefully it won't last long though! :unsure:  Being Friday 13th I don't want to take any chances. :ohmy:

• Like 1

Ah, you got snow too then.  The Peugeot and Ford are slightly "dusted", but nothing major...

WP_20170112_23_10_16_Pro.jpg

I'm not sure where you are exactly, but guessing it is Nairn/Inverness area, which most likely has the same as here.  Strangely, as I drove from Lossiemouth to Elgin this evening, the temperature dropped quite a bit, and there was a fair bit of black ice on the roads.  Isn't it strange how a few miles can make a big difference?

Well, we got a bit of snow in Nairn not a lot though. Enough to dust the cars and roads and cause accidents! I don't think that pic is Nairn though, could be wrong.

My car with a bit of snow

20170112_165618_zpsg6mw8vlx.jpg

Neighbours car at the bottom of our road, someone slid right into her, like a slow motion accident but going to be a least £2-3K damage

Screenshot_20170113-104505_zpsza670yqq.png

It is amazing what a difference just a few miles makes, it's almost as if you could draw a line between one weather and another. Just driving to inverness from Nairn you hit Gollanfield straight and the weather changes. Fog lifts, rain stops its weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EDIT picture weren't linking properly, sorted now

• Like 1

we had a bit of snow in midlands, enough to cover our freshly tarmacked drive which i have to reverse onto then drive hard left so i dont go on someones garden lets say i got stuck and couldn't drive forward hahaha :laugh: managed it through, being slow and gentle wasn't working so i floored it and managed to slide the car free hahaha, first bit of snow iv had in my fiesta 

• Like 2

In total contrast, we have a bright sunny day with a rather stiff northerly breeze but not the forecasted gales.  Apart from that little bit of sleet mixed in with the rain yesterday afternoon, there has been nothing icy nor snowy; there wasn't even a frost this morning.

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Well, we got a bit of snow in Nairn not a lot though. Enough to dust the cars and roads and cause accidents! I don't think that pic is Nairn though, could be wrong.

My car with a bit of snow

20170112_165618_zpsg6mw8vlx.jpg

Neighbours car at the bottom of our road, someone slid right into her, like a slow motion accident but going to be a least £2-3K damage

Screenshot_20170113-104505_zpsza670yqq.png

It is amazing what a difference just a few miles makes, it's almost as if you could draw a line between one weather and another. Just driving to inverness from Nairn you hit Gollanfield straight and the weather changes. Fog lifts, rain stops its weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EDIT picture weren't linking properly, sorted now

You're right, my picture was outside my house in Lossiemouth.

Crikey, that Audi didn't come off very well.  That's my problem with modern cars.  I know they are designed to "crumple" in an accident to protect the integrity of the cabin and occupants, but I just couldn't feel safe in a car that turns out like that from a low speed impact. 

• Like 1

I do like the combination of Paracetamol Extra (every 5-6 hours), Corsodyl (an hour after morning and final brushing), extra  brushing (every couple of hours) and hourly 15% saline mouthwash, that is lessening my tooth pain, to the point of still being able to eat on the left side only.:smile:  .

I managed to eat some roast pork tonight but had surrender the crackling to Brandy.  I thought it would be pushing it bit too far to try and eat crackling in the circumstances:unsure:

I also like the that machine shop supplier, did eventually come good on my parts.:smile: Had Brandy and i not been up the road on her 5pm walk, I could've collected this afternoon, he left a message, with less than 10 minutes to go, before they were closing for the weekend.  I was going to direct from the manufacturer's website next week, as I'd concluded the shop could get hold of them after a 10 day silence

• Like 1

I like that British Gas have just fitted my new Worcester Bosch combi boiler replacing my previous 17 year old model that had broken numerous times in the last few months.

Hopefully I can rest easy now that it will be warm in the morning and hot water will come out the taps every time. Less stress and worry for the next few years

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

I like that British Gas have just fitted my new Worcester Bosch combi boiler replacing my previous 17 year old model that had broken numerous times in the last few months.

Hopefully I can rest easy now that it will be warm in the morning and hot water will come out the taps every time. Less stress and worry for the next few years

There a very good make Worcester Bosch had one a few years now and its still good working order

Valiant, Worcester Bosch and Baxi are the boilers to go for. The rest are garbage. 

Phil i don't suppose you could disclose how much it had cost you to have one fitted ?

Thanks

Cameron

• Like 1

i can get them cheap direct from factory. but you need some ovan gloves to move it to your car/van. lol

• Like 2

Don't think I've posted this before, apologies if I have(I'll blame Dr Murray's prescription!) but I do like the latest sign I acquired. Police sign off the front of one of the police stations. One side was broken but removed it and cleaned it up and stuck a light in it. 

IMG_20161219_164547127.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do hope you acquired it legally, Kevin... :unsure:

It was sitting in the scrappie and I asked if I could get it, so yes.......probably :smile:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Turvey said:

It was sitting in the scrappie and I asked if I could get it, so yes.......probably :smile:

That's OK then.  I did worry for a moment that you had nicked it directly from the front of a police station itself!! :laugh:

• Like 4

Ha ha! I must admit I have done some daft things in my day, but that would take the biscuit :smile:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Ha ha! I must admit I have done some daft things in my day, but that would take the biscuit :smile:

Mind you, I do have a mate who, many years ago, stole the old fashioned blue revolving beacon off the top of a cop car once! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Turvey said:

Mind you, I do have a mate who, many years ago, stole the old fashioned blue revolving beacon off the top of a cop car once! 

Err , i know a mate many years ago who took one off an old army ambulance and used it in a picnic area carpark at top of isolated hill at night where couples went to be romantic(use you imagination). was funny seeing there faces through the misted up windows apparently

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club