Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

6 hours ago, iantt said:

Err , i know a mate many years ago who took one off an old army ambulance and used it in a picnic area carpark at top of isolated hill at night where couples went to be romantic(use you imagination). was funny seeing there faces through the misted up windows apparently

Reminds me of around this time ten years ago myself and the now wife; were living in her parents house for two months as our lease on an apartment had expired and we're waiting for the purchase of our new home to go through, 

anyway we had driven to Domino's for a pizza one Friday night and decided to drive up to a scenec city view area eat it rather than paying takeaway for her entire family that were back in the house at the time.

So half way through the pizza there was some lad in his 40's looking through the driver's door window as they were steamed up from the pizza and chicken combo meal 😂 wanna chip mate? 

my wife screamed and drove quite swiftly back in to town.

needless to say; the only salami being waved around and divoured at the time; was the bits on the pizza 😁

• Like 2

I do like that my tooth pain seems less:smile:, either I've got my painkiller dose right or the tooth nerve is dying.  It's less than 22 hours now to go before my dentist will deal with it, one way or another.

20 hours ago, Cameron said:

Valiant, Worcester BOSCH and Baxi are the boilers to go for. The rest are garbage. 

Phil i don't suppose you could disclose how much it had cost you to have one fitted ?

Thanks

Cameron

Baxi aren't what they were years ago.  They used to be one one of the best: they aren't the worst by any any means, but they are no longer in the same league as Valiant and Worcester Bosch 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I do like that my tooth pain seems less:smile:, either I've got my painkiller dose right or the tooth nerve is dying.  It's less than 22 hours now to go before my dentist will deal with it, one way or another.

Baxi aren't what they were years ago.  They used to be one one of the best: they aren't the worst by any any means, but they are longer in the same league as Valiant and Worcester Bosch 

You're telling me.  We had a Baxi combination boiler at one of our previous houses and it was the worst boiler I've ever experienced in my life!  Half the time it wouldn't work at all, then it would power the radiators but not the hot water, and vice versa, not to mention the pressure dropping every 24 hours. 

We then had a Worcester in the subsequent property which only suffered one minor failure in 2 years.

• Like 1

At my old house I had a very old Potterton boiler from the mid 1960's, periodically it needed an ignitor but it never actually broke down as such 

• Like 1

Valiant, Worcester BOSCH and Baxi are the boilers to go for. The rest are garbage. 
Phil i don't suppose you could disclose how much it had cost you to have one fitted ?
Thanks
Cameron

British Gas so not the cheapest however I got 25% friends and family discount cause the last engineer who came live a couple of streets away. Cost me just shy of £2k for everything. I priced the boiler myself at around £1200-£1400 depending where you got it so didn't think it was too bad. I know I could have got one cheaper but they fit it 5 days after I ordered it.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Philf1 said:

British Gas so not the cheapest however I got 25% friends and family discount cause the last engineer who came live a couple of streets away. Cost me just shy of £2k for everything. I priced the boiler myself at around £1200-£1400 depending where you got it so didn't think it was too bad. I know I could have got one cheaper but they fit it 5 days after I ordered it.

I do like there's less than 1¼ hours to go to my appointment with the dentist:yahoo:

• Like 3

Week 2 at work and still nothing to do. Going to get too used to this and will be a shock when I actually get work given.

• Like 2

I do like discovering, that despite having identical symptoms to a cracked molar: following an x-ray and some dental probing, it was revealed the sealing cap below the filling had come away from the tooth and some bacteria had entered. :huh: The inflamed gum was then making things worse by pushing the filling and sealing cap upwards from the tooth. The filling was cracked: but not the tooth.:mellow: The movement I could feel from it, as I brushed was the filling and the sealant moving in the tooth.

Apparently this can happen with a root canalled tooth, particularly if it was done some time ago.  Fillings he said need to be replaced every 10 years or so, as they get brittle, either cracking or even falling out. They are not as permanent as you might think

He removed the failed filling and sealant, and replaced it with a new application and has prescribed a 5-day course of antibiotics to knock out the bacteria.:yahoo: 

He has a thing for Audis and every time I go there I notice he's changed his Audi again.  Which unless he's got many, he's changing them every 6 months.  Today's Audi was another Q7 but this time with a 66 plate

I do like finding that my local tool shop is significantly cheaper than one, the manufacturer's own outlet and two, all the amazon and eBay sellers. worldwide:smile:

The price of my parts was so low compared to what I'd expected it be, i queried whether he had inputted the quantity instead of the price:laugh:  It was 1/3rd inc VAT of everyone else's price before VAT.:yahoo:

It's  a bit of a mystery how they can 2/3rds cheaper than manufacturer themselves:unsure:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like finding that my local tool shop is significantly cheaper than one, the manufacturer's own outlet and two, all the amazon and ebay sellers. worldwide:smile:

The price of my parts was so low compared to what I'd expected it be, i queried whether he had inputted the quantity instead of the price:laugh:  It was 1/3rd inc VAT of everyone else's price before VAT.:yahoo:

It's  a bit of a mystery how they can 2/3rds cheaper than manufacturer themselves:unsure:

Did they look anything like this ford  parts dealer ?

Part7.png

Part6.png

Part5.png

Part4.png

Part1.png

Part3.png

Part2.png

• Like 3

I like receiving a large Jiffy bag in the post today!

3x100 watt equivalent(actually 10 watt) LED standard lightbulbs and 2x40 watt(3watt) LED cooker hood bulbs. Instant light now in the sittingroom and outside the back door as opposed to waiting 5 minutes for the old ones to heat up, and I can actually see what I'm burning now on the cooker!!!

Am I sad in getting excited over LED Bulbs? :rolleyes: :biggrin: 

• Like 3

I do like getting home tonight, cracking open (another) bottle of gin, and knowing I only have a 4 hour shift tomorrow and then TWO DAYS OFF.  WOOHOO!!! :biggrin:

• Like 2

I do like being able to use both sides of my mouth whilst eating, and not be in pain doing so:smile:

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

3x100 watt equivalent(actually 10 watt) LED standard lightbulbs and 2x40 watt(3watt) LED cooker hood bulbs. Instant light now in the sittingroom and outside the back door as opposed to waiting 5 minutes for the old ones to heat up, and I can actually see what I'm burning now on the cooker!!!

Am I sad in getting excited over LED bulbs? :rolleyes: :biggrin: 

You never forget your first LED:tongue:, instant light with greater lumens than you've had for awhile.:laugh:

26 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like getting home tonight, cracking open (another) bottle of gin, and knowing I only have a 4 hour shift tomorrow and then TWO DAYS OFF.  WOOHOO!!! :biggrin:

A 4 hour shift seems hardly worth it, for either you or the company you work for:mellow:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GMX said:

A 4 hour shift seems hardly worth it, for either you or the company you work for:mellow:

It isn't, but there wasn't the holiday availability for a whole day, and a short shift at least gets me out the house, but doesn't make me completely insane by the time I get home.

I do like that I've persuaded Brandy to drink around 300ml of water, syringing it 10ml at a time into her mouth:smile: 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like that I've persuaded Brandy to drink around 300ml of water, syringing it 10ml at a time into her mouth:smile: 

That's great!  Here's hoping she's just having a bad day and can rehydrate and recuperate.

• Like 2

I do like going to see the Focus this afternoon, but don't like being in a real dilemma now... 

It does have a fair bit of rust on the bodywork, the worst being the O/S/F wheel arch, and the alloys have seen better days, but the interior (fabric thankfully, I hate leather!) is in great condition with the usual fake walnut trim, and I need to do some rust repairs on the current MK1 anyway, so it isn't as major a problem as it looks. 

Having taken it on a test drive, the 2.0 pulls well, but didn't feel any faster than the 1.8, in fact it felt a bit more sluggish.  Having asked about service history though, I suspect I know the reason for that...  The current owner has had it 7 years and never once put it into a garage for anything other than absolutely necessary repairs, so the spark plugs are probably needing changed and the air filter is likely to be clogged.  I daren't even think how long it has been since it last had an oil change...  There is no smoke from the exhaust or tapping/knocking from the engine though, so it seems to have avoided any damage so far!  God knows how...

I took a couple of pictures of it, which I'll post below:

WP_20170117_16_26_46_Pro.jpgWP_20170117_16_26_33_Pro.jpg

I really don't know what to do...  The seller would keep it until I have the cash next week, so I could buy it, but it is really worth it? 

Perhaps a few G&Ts will help!! :yes:

I haven't decided on the Focus yet, but I do like the insurance quote from Direct Line should I go for it! 

DL quote.png

I don't quite understand it, as I am paying over £80 per month for the 405 with its old 1.9 turbo diesel producing 90BHP, but they are happy to charge me almost half for a Focus with a 2 litre petrol engine putting out 127BHP...  Not that I'm complaining!!

I do like that Brandy hasn't declined any more than she had yesterday.:smile:  

She continues to accept water from her 10ml syringe pumped into her mouth, and twice she lapped from the water bowl I was feeding the syringe from.  She's drunk more today than she did yesterday:smile:  She has, however, refused to eat, even the chicken and lamb smoothie via the syringe, or when dipping my finger in some for her to lick off:mellow:

Last night, I carried her to her duvet (which is to one side of my duvet) where she stayed all night.  This morning she shuffled across (seal fashion using just her front paws) to be on my duvet, where's she's been all day, under her fleece, with a frequent hot water bottles and surrounded by her plush dog toys

I've spent all day with her, stroking her, chatting to her and reassuring her:smile:

20170117_152248_HDR.jpg

20170117_152406_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I haven't decided on the Focus yet, but I do like the insurance quote from Direct Line should I go for it! 

DL quote.png

I don't quite understand it, as I am paying over £80 per month for the 405 with its old 1.9 turbo diesel producing 90BHP, but they are happy to charge me almost half for a Focus with a 2 litre petrol engine putting out 127BHP...  Not that I'm complaining!!

In terms of crash protection, I would think the Focus would fair batter, hence the lower premium

21 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like that Brandy hasn't declined any more than she had yesterday.:smile:  

She continues to accept water from her 10ml syringe pumped into her mouth, and twice she lapped from the water bowl I was feeding the syringe from.  She's drunk more today than she did yesterday:smile:  She has, however, refused to eat, even the chicken and lamb smoothie via the syringe, or when dipping my finger in some for her to lick off:mellow:

Last night, I carried her to her duvet (which is to one side of my duvet) where she stayed all night.  This morning she shuffled across (seal fashion using just her front paws) to be on my duvet, where's she's been all day, under her fleece, with a frequent hot water bottles and surrounded by her plush dog toys

I've spent all day with her, stroking her, chatting to her and reassuring her:smile:

20170117_152248_HDR.jpg

20170117_152406_HDR.jpg

I'm very glad to hear that Ghana!  She may have just had a virus or something that has impacted her immune system, and will recover slowly but surely.

P.S.  When I saw the first picture I mistook the stuffed dog for Brandy, and then wondered who the "other dog" was... :unsure:

26 minutes ago, GMX said:

In terms of crash protection, I would think the Focus would fair batter, hence the lower premium

You are probably right, but surely their main concern isn't my safety, but rather the probability of me causing a crash, which increases with engine size/power?

10 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

You are probably right, but surely their main concern isn't my safety, but rather the probability of me causing a crash, which increases with engine size/power?

Wow that's a cheap quote, especially for a new driver! Almost too good to be true level-of-good!

As someone who got their licence in late 2012, I still paid almost 100 quid more (566 quid total), for a much smaller engined car on my last renewal!

Perhaps the roads are so empty in Scotland compared to here that the insurers think there's little chance of people crashing :tongue:

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 7:36 PM, Turvey said:

Am I sad in getting excited over LED bulbs? :rolleyes: :biggrin: 

If that is sad, I guess that makes me sad too lol. I bought a multicolored, dimmable, remote-control LED bulb a week or two back, looks brilliant in my room :smile: 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club