Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Brandy has just had a poo on the duvet :smile: Which I take to be a good sign, that her digestive system is working even if she's not eating.  Normally a poo on the duvet would not be such a happy event:mellow:

37 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

P.S.  When I saw the first picture I mistook the stuffed dog for Brandy, and then wondered who the "other dog" was... :unsure:

Which of the four stuffed dogs? 

EDIT:

She's just demonstrated her bladder is working too:smile::ohmy:  Kitchen roll is wonderful stuff in the aftermath of such events

13 minutes ago, Incontro said:

If that is sad, I guess that makes me sad too lol. I bought a multicolored, dimmable, remote-control LED bulb a week or two back, looks brilliant in my room :smile: 

We bought a couple of them for our boys last Christmas, think they got fed up with them after a couple of weeks! They've lost the remotes now! I stuck one of the bulbs in the police sign I spoke about the other day, looks quite good with the colours changing :smile:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Wow that's a cheap quote, especially for a new driver! Almost too good to be true level-of-good!

As someone who got their licence in late 2012, I still paid almost 100 quid more (566 quid total), for a much smaller engined car on my last renewal!

Perhaps the roads are so empty in Scotland compared to here that the insurers think there's little chance of people crashing :tongue:

I think that is the case.  Being away from any large cities or "rough areas" too helps in terms of reducing the risk of theft.

40 minutes ago, GMX said:

Which of the four stuffed dogs?

The one on the right:

2017-01-17 (1).png

Wow that's a cheap quote, especially for a new driver! Almost too good to be true level-of-good!
As someone who got their licence in late 2012, I still paid almost 100 quid more (566 quid total), for a much smaller engined car on my last renewal!
Perhaps the roads are so empty in Scotland compared to here that the insurers think there's little chance of people crashing tongue.png

It's not the quantity it's the quality up here, next to no one can do a roundabout and it's slow round the bends then floor it on the straights so you can't safely pass.
@jmurray01 I pay less than that for my mk5 mondeo 1.5t and brand new Fiesta 1.0t with 2 drivers and business mileage on both and legal cover too [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

It's not the quantity it's the quality up here, next to no one can do a roundabout and it's slow round the bends then floor it on the straights so you can't safely pass.
@jmurray01 I pay less than that for my mk5 mondeo 1.5t and brand new Fiesta 1.0t with 2 drivers and business mileage on both and legal cover too emoji12.png

Absolutely.  Not to mention the times you go round a corner at night to find two sets of headlights coming towards you... :ohmy:

Scottish drivers are brilliant...  At being rubbish!!

• Like 1

I do like getting rid of this:

CAR-HUB2.JPG

A ten year old, 150k mile, driver's side front wheel bearing. It was droning horribly, getting progressively worse over the last 2000 miles or so. Until just recently, it was almost impossible to pin down. But it eventually started becoming noticably louder when turning left. I still was not sure which side it was, I did suspect driver's side a little more. The boss man at Central Motors, Bridport took it for a drive, and came to the same conclusion. Though it was still little better than 50:50.

One day and £200 (ohmy.png, Ouch!) later, I have a drone free car.biggrin.png

I don't think I would have had much fun doing it myself, he said the driveshaft was well stuck in, and looking at it, I have no difficulty in believing him.

So until the passenger side one goes, or the next problem crops up, it is back to being able to enjoy driving my old Focus.smile.png

• Like 1

I do like that after hearing about my incident with a hammer and axe head, as detailed in the 'I don't like' thread, a workmate gave me this today :smile:

IMG_20170118_174001958.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like that after hearing about my incident with a hammer and axe head, as detailed in the 'I don't like' thread, a workmate gave me this today :smile:

IMG_20170118_174001958.jpg

I like it because it says FOCUS on the handle 😀

• Like 4

That is an old one, haven't been any Focus DIY shops for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

Well I did try my best to revive it 😁

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS rear Diffuser Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS Front Lip spoiler Click Here

Guide To Activating Single & Multi Door Unlock on yor Ford Click Here

Guide To Spraying Rear View Mirror Click Here

Guide To Changing Lower Front Grill On Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Built Climate Controls on Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting New Ford Mist Type Jets on all Models Click Here

Guide to wiper Blade Change Focus Mk2 Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To De-Wiper Rear Of Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To Fitting Boot Door Umbrella Holder Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide Tow Strap style boot handle Ford Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

The Ultimate Rear Seat Protection Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional Boot Light Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional 12v Socket in Boot of Focus Click Here

Guide to Converting Rear Fog Light To Clear Click Here

Guide Fitting Mud Flaps to ST, RS & ZetecS FocusClick Here

The Ultimate Reverse Bulb Click Here

Guide To Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To Fitting ST Gauge Pod To Focus Dash Click Here

Guide to Fitting Auto Dimmer Unit to Gauges or DRL's Click Here

Guide to Fitting Footwell Lighting In Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Induction Filter Upgrade in Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Bonnet Dampers Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to fitting Ford puddle lights Focus 05-12 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus RS LED tail lights Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here

Guide Fitting Dual Camera DVR System Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Full ZetecS Kit Fitted to Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

Custom Laser Cut Interior Parts For Your Ford Click Here

Guide To Storing Vehicle For Long Periods Click Here

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Been closed since 2011! :ohmy:

• Like 2

I do like how supportive FOC members are, since I posted up the loss of Brandy tonight:smile:

I also like our vets and what they did and laid on for Brandy:smile:

20 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Scottish drivers are brilliant...  At being rubbish!!

They can't be worse than either the Italians or the Portuguese surely:ohmy:

14 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Lidl bought Focus DIY site down here and that was some time ago

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, GMX said:

They can't be worse than either the Italians or the Portuguese surely:ohmy:

Put it this way, if they were any worse I'd seriously consider giving up driving and staying in my house 24/7 (and even then one of them would probably crash through my front lawn!). 

• Like 1

***** hell Focus and Do-It-All, next we will be reminiscing about Woolworths and the 1 pound note, half penny sweets and the half penny obviously and just about everything else that has gone, bugger now I'm showing my age. (sorry to those who are older than me and go on about all those things I don't understand lol )

• Like 2

I'm still pining the loss of Our Price and C&A@simcor

You aren't wrong@jmurray01 only last week a car landed up in a neighbours back garden as they couldn't apply the brakes well enough at the Tjunction

I'm sorry to read about Brandy@GMX may she run free in the fields over the bridge.

What do I like? Well, I am absolutely amazed by@Lenny and his amazing guides! I just read the one on puddle lights. I did this with my 2013 Fabia Monte Carlos and it wasn't half as much work. No way I'm trying it on my Mondeo if the windows have to come out! I'll wait for someone to make something for the MK5 puddle lamp in the mirror.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

What do I like? Well, I am absolutely amazed by@Lenny and his amazing guides! I just read the one on puddle lights. I did this with my 2013 Fabia Monte Carlos and it wasn't half as much work. No way I'm trying it on my Mondeo if the windows have to come out! I'll wait for someone to make something for the MK5 puddle lamp in the mirror.

😅 Thanks for commenting, 

The problem with the focus when fitting the puddle lights was; there wasn't any courtesy live source within the doors or wing mirror to tap in to for the puddle lights, 

Some premium models have the puddle lights already in the wing mirrors making it easier to fit projector puddle lights in to the door cards as the desired feed is closely available but I'm my case the source needed to be run in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, simcor said:

***** hell Focus and Do-It-All, next we will be reminiscing about Woolworths and the 1 pound note, half penny sweets and the half penny obviously and just about everything else that has gone, bugger now I'm showing my age. (sorry to those who are older than me and go on about all those things I don't understand lol )

Funny you should mention Woolworths...I found a pack of unopened picture hooks from Woolies the other day lol 

• Like 2

My missus still has the Woolly and Woof cuddly toys on a shelf. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930F

I do like seeing a Peugeot 406 coupé 3.0 V6 for sale locally for a great price, and then checking the insurance to find it would only cost me £60 per month to insure! :ohmy::cool:

As tempting as it is, a 25MPG 200BHP 2-door coupé isn't exactly what I "need"... 

Lets just say that if it is still available by the end of next week, I may not be able to resist.

I do like that Molly has become extra affectionate since Brandy has gone. :smile:

Although does she keep interfering with my keyboard with her paws. A report to a client, that started out normally but descended into gibberish with streams of random letters as she walked across and sat on it. whilst I was on the phone:ohmy:

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like seeing a Peugeot 406 coupé 3.0 V6 for sale locally for a great price, and then checking the insurance to find it would only cost me £60 per month to insure! :ohmy::cool:

As tempting as it is, a 25MPG 200BHP 2-door coupé isn't exactly what I "need"... 

Lets just say that if it is still available by the end of next week, I may not be able to resist.

So, you could be adding both the Focus and this to your collection :ohmy:

Just now, GMX said:

So, you could be adding both the Focus and this to your collection :ohmy:

Unfortunately not, my salary will only stretch to one, and the Focus is the more practical car, plus it is 15 miles away as opposed to the 406 which is over 100 miles away. 

What would really be a decision maker for me would be an automatic transmission, but both the Focus and 406 are 5-speed manuals.

Aah Woolworths. Do you remember they use to sell pumps (gym shoes) for £1.99 now kids pay £50 for them. No wonder woollies went bust
  • Like 1

Aah Woolworths. Do you remember they use to sell pumps (gym shoes) for £1.99 now kids pay £50 for them. No wonder woollies went bust

Aye funny how things change, I get told I wear old man sneakers now, I always thought they were called trainers myself. I hated wearing pumps for PE now you have to wear pumps to be cool. I'll stick with being uncool lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club