Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

21 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Well done Kevin!  The new axe helped I assume.

Sharp axe with a handle works wonders!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

Sharp axe with a handle works wonders!

I believe the handle; greatly improves the striking accuracy of the axe itself.

• Like 2

I would hate to think of the damage I would cause myself with this!!! Love the old-school simplicity of it. None of the H&S BS getting in the way :smile:

18 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I would hate to think of the damage I would cause myself with this!!! Love the old-school simplicity of it. None of the H&S BS getting in the way :smile:

lol :jawdrop:

I like the silver with black bonnet roof boot lid line D reg ford mustang I saw on Friday in leeds. What a mint looking car it is. A left hooker and a credit to its owner.

• Like 2

I do like replacing the air filter and wiper on the Ghia this afternoon.  The engine should be able to breathe better and I should be able to see better!

WP_20170205_13_51_50_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

I do like taking Pipper for a couple of extended weekend walks, despite the stiles (see "I don't like thread"). :smile:

Yesterday, we sort of followed the river Tarrant,  from where it meets the Stour, in Spetisbury up to it's source in Tarrant Gunville, and then returned the way we came.  By the time we got back to Spetisbury, Pipper was rather muddy :mellow:and I had to wash her paws and underside before she got back into the Mk1.  Apart several herds of cows and what appeared to be a few llamas (or maybe small camels), we didn't see anyone else.

Today, we did a circular walk around Bere Regis and Shitterton, in the area between the river Piddle and the Bere stream, the heart of the Dorset watercress farms.  I   bought a tray of watercress (30 bunches, if you were wondering) on the way home.  There are now only 25 bunches.  I have a great fondness for watercress.:smile: 

On 04/02/2017 at 2:45 PM, Turvey said:

Having cut them with that.

You could split your logs with this

Or if you're feeling really foolhardy, this

Things I like - the light blue 59 reg (same reg as mine) Fiesta driver convoying behind me in the left lane of the M4 @ 65MPH (indicated) for a good few junctions :) 

I do like having Tesco Finest British sausages with their 97% pork content and low carb value (in comparison to other well known sausage brands) with a couple of bunches of watercress, dressed in melted butter:smile:

Pipper declined a piece of sausage:ohmy: Whereas Brandy was great solicitor of any sausage, that was being consumed by anyone, seemingly anywhere!. 

Although I have noticed Pipper will not eat anything that is not in her bowl.  And even then, if she doesn't recognise it as something doggy: she'll leave it.  A piece of cheddar I gave her the other day, went untouched!  She declines plates that are put down, in case she would like to lick them. My Mum put Molly's food on floor, forgetting that Molly has it on the worktop.  Pipper completely ignored it all morning.  Somebody must have trained her in her previous home, not to eat anything that is not in her bowl.

• Like 1

I do like being out of the office on Monday at a software user group conference in the NEC, breakfast and lunch included. Far better than being stuck in the office.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:56 PM, GMX said:

Pipper declined a piece of sausage:ohmy: Whereas Brandy was great solicitor of any sausage, that was being consumed by anyone, seemingly anywhere!. 

Although I have noticed Pipper will not eat anything that is not in her bowl.  And even then, if she doesn't recognise it as something doggy: she'll leave it.  A piece of cheddar I gave her the other day, went untouched!  She declines plates that are put down, in case she would like to lick them. My Mum put Molly's food on floor, forgetting that Molly has it on the worktop.  Pipper completely ignored it all morning.  Somebody must have trained her in her previous home, not to eat anything that is not in her bowl.

Apart from our male Rottweiler, none of out past or current dogs would be phased by where a piece of food was placed. Bowl, kitchen counter, table, book shelf. Some of our Cocker Spaniels have been like mountain goats to get up to something if they think it's worth the risk :taz:.

Our female Rottweiler (Kiya) would be able to catch a piece of food thrown to her no matter how far or odd an angle. Our female Doberman (Skye), on the other hand, manages to miss most attempts to catch a piece of food and ends up batting it with the top of her muzzle into the path of one of the Cocker Spaniels.

• Like 1

I do like that the mondeo coped very well with its first road trip, she crossed the border with ease and never missed a beat. Cruise control set most of the way and where that wasn't a safe option the limiter was set. I have a heavy right foot. So far I have got about 410miles and still got just under a quarter tank left, display showing another 86miles to empty which I have never managed, I'd normally be at the pumps before now. Oh, it's nothing exotic just the England/Scotland border but it still counts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do like not doing the job im employed to do , and instead today ive been helping get 5 cars up lots of steps of hotel entrance and then park them inside foyer and conference rooms not designed for such things! cant go into detail but one car had to be carefully squeezed in and took nearly 2 hrs to get in position.

made a change to looking at rows of transits all day.

• Like 2

I do like that while having a browse at the roads around me I found this little gem on google maps, according to street view (which is 5 years out of date) 1/2 to 3/4 seems to be 40mph with speed cameras (although I can't see any) but the last section is NSL, think I may have a venture over on Sunday and see what it's like now.

I do like spending the evening with a bottle of gin and some good films...  It's amazing what two consecutive days off work can do for your mental health!!

I do like finding a bargain 😀

bought this last week as the wife wanted it for a shelf in the living room.

https://t.co/gVKBmM4beb

we later went to "Next" to have a look and saw it in there for €115 more than we purchased it for 😯😂😭😂

https://t.co/F10k0gwoG0

• Like 2

Blimey. Proof it pays to shop around. Nice one lenny

• Like 1

I do like, after spending close to 2 days, getting quotes, haggling them down and being re-quoted finally settling on an insurance policy and company for Pipper's possible health needs.:smile:  Ideally, I will never have to make a claim but if I do, she's got any possible hip displasia treatment covered (the most expensive treatment springers can get) at the drop of a hat, for instance:smile:

I also like with my diet, I'm continuing to lose, what seems to the regular amount now of 0.3% body fat a week whilst not losing any muscle mass, sometimes gaining some too.

After Saturday morning's debacle, having taken my knee brace off to go to bed, then having a very painful knee and stumbling all over the place until I put it back on.:ohmy:  I checked with the physio whether I could just keep it on 24/7.  He said, because it's made of a mesh with carbon fibre hinges (as opposed to neoprene and aluminium hinges) not only can it be worn all the time, I can also shower, bathe and swim in it, if I want too. :smile:  So, I have:smile:  It's healing nicely now and I've started to be able to bend it, enabling among other things, to sit comfortably on the loo, or a chair, to get in and out of the car without grimacing too much and to ascend stairs in the correct manner:smile:

• Like 3

Used the train the last 2 days now to work and am less grumpy and more happy when I get to work and get home. I love driving but driving an hr each way especially when I hit London traffic makes me want to take a chain saw to some of the drivers I encounter.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken.K said:

I love driving but driving an hr each way especially when I hit London traffic makes me want to take a chain saw to some of the drivers I encounter.

On the few occasions I have had to come up to London, it's always at Chiswick roundabout where pleasant driving ends and the London traffic with it's ever increasing volume of idiots begin.  Conversely, coming back, get passed Chiswick approaching the start of M3, and it all dissipates

Further in along the A4, and to some degree the start of A2;  the idiots seem to outnumber the normal drivers, 10:1

On the few occasions I have had to come up to London, it's always at Chiswick roundabout where pleasant driving ends and the London traffic with it's ever increasing volume of idiots begin.  Conversely, coming back, get passed Chiswick approaching the start of M3, and it all dissipates
Further in along the A4, and to some degree the start of A2;  the idiots seem to outnumber the normal drivers, 10:1

Yep that is the area joining the A406 or at hanger lane. Plus I can sleep now or sleep on the train

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do like reading Pipper's insurance policy document, and discovering that Petplan will donate the equivalent of 10% my annual premium to the rescue centre, she came from.  Not just for this year, they'll do it for each and every year, I renew. :smile:

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like reading Pipper's insurance policy document, and discovering that Petplan will donate the equivalent of 10% my annual premium to the rescue centre, she came from.  Not just for this year, they'll do it for each and every year, I renew. :smile:

ChaChing 😁

• Like 2

On 07/02/2017 at 5:53 PM, iantt said:

do like not doing the job im employed to do , and instead today ive been helping get 5 cars up lots of steps of hotel entrance and then park them inside foyer and conference rooms not designed for such things! cant go into detail but one car had to be carefully squeezed in and took nearly 2 hrs to get in position.

made a change to looking at rows of transits all day.

I dunno...the lengths some people go to to avoid paying for parking :laugh:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SeanW said:

I dunno...the lengths some people go to to avoid paying for parking :laugh:

I always put my parking ticket back in to the machine if im leaving before the ticket expires, 

This allows someone else to use it up as it's of no further use to me.

• Like 5

I do like how well behaved and happy Pipper was at her first examination at her own vets this afternoon, mainly because we needed an Advocate prescription: there wasn't anything wrong with her, and yesterday, at the rescue centre's vet for her booster vaccines.:smile:

Unlike Brandy who used quite uncooperative on the examination table, wriggling and squirming; taking me and several nurses to restrain her:ohmy:  Whereas Pipper, just sat there and let each vet do what they needed to.  She didn't even object when her tail was lifted and her rear end was examined:smile: 

Pipper found herself the centre of everyone's attention, they all stopped what they were doing, to come and make a fuss of Pipper, all the vets and nurses and both the reception girls.  One of whom was particularly taken and cuddled Pipper for over 10 minutes, before her appointment, and then another 10 minutes afterwards. 

I also like being Tesco just as the fresh produce merchandiser was marking down a vast quantity of avocadoes.:smile:  Whilst not a huge discount at 25% off, I did acquire 10 bags of 2, which should last all next week.  I learned from the BBC on Wednesday, that avocadoes are best stored somewhere cool, but not in the fridge, from article the website had, on inappropriate use of the fridge as food store.  Many food items are actually worse in the fridge than out of it, bread and avocadoes being two of the surprising ones.  I've always kept my avocadoes in the fridge, but having said that, I've always found with the Tesco packs of 4, at least one and sometimes 2, have been inedible when I come to use them.  The BBC's article said that avocadoes do just that in the fridge.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club