Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I like rich folks cars. My previous employer bought a brand new car every year. Bentleys and Rollers. His sons bought porche (forgot how to spell it lol) lambos beemer etc. The top car park was like a high class showroom.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I think you misinterpreted my post, what i actually meant was cheap cars can equally be as cool/interesting (however you want to describe them) as more expensive ones. Jamie's fleet is a prime example! I probably would've bought an older car but wasn't allowed, so there you go.

I personally don't agree with many of my dad's decisions but then again I'm not him, so can't dictate how he spends his money. I was going to post some pictures of his car when it arrives next month, not to show off but in case anyone was interested, after all, we're all here because we like cars! But if you don't think it's appropriate, I won't.

I knew what you meant Chris.  For me a brand new car (even one worth millions) is about as interesting as a piece of toast, but that's just me!!  Everybody is different, and as unfortunate as it is, we all live according to our bank balances. 

You weren't at all bragging about your father's new car, but simply mentioning it as it is part of your life.  Our society is often that these days that people are made to feel like they should feel guilty for being fortunate financially, and I don't agree.  You don't get money for nothing, and I'm sure your father wouldn't be where he is if he didn't make prudent choices and work hard.  I'm flat broke most of the time, and have little hope of ever being "well off" in any sense, but that's my life, and I choose to live it as best as I can, or else what is the point in anything? 

• Like 4

I like all cars! Whether it be new, old, cheap or expensive.

Tbh I'm not that fussed about Lamborgini's or Ferrari's, furthest I'd go is a nice Aston or Mclaren. I'm equally happy to read about someone's experience with an old Rover (Jamie! :wink:), new Focus or an Aston.

So basically I treat all cars equally as possible! :laugh:

Edit - Thanks @jmurray01, it's what makes us all different. Money certainly can't buy you happiness, although it can give you choice. I think I'd get bored with being overly rich after a while, what's the point in living when you have nothing to aspire to? Very dull. 

Yes my dad did work very hard for what he has, so I guess he should enjoy it in which ever way he pleases. I wouldn't want his lifestyle though. 

It's interesting that these forums attract people of very different backgrounds, but one thing that we all have in common is the interest for cars. :smile:

I knew what you meant Chris.  For me a brand new car (even one worth millions) is about as interesting as a piece of toast, but that's just me!!  Everybody is different, and as unfortunate as it is, we all live according to our bank balances. 
You weren't at all bragging about your father's new car, but simply mentioning it as it is part of your life.  Our society is often that these days that people are made to feel like they should feel guilty for being fortunate financially, and I don't agree.  You don't get money for nothing, and I'm sure your father wouldn't be where he is if he didn't make prudent choices and work hard.  I'm flat broke most of the time, and have little hope of ever being "well off" in any sense, but that's my life, and I choose to live it as best as I can, or else what is the point in anything? 

Then I fully apologise mate maybe just having an off day from being out all day and I misinterpreted it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I like all cars! Whether it be new, old, cheap or expensive.

Tbh I'm not that fussed about Lamborgini's or Ferrari's, furthest I'd go is a nice Aston or Mclaren. I'm equally happy to read about someone's experience with an old Rover (Jamie! :wink:), new Focus or an Aston.

So basically I treat all cars equally as possible! :laugh:

Edit - Thanks @jmurray01, it's what makes us all different. Money certainly can't buy you happiness, although it can give you choice. I think I'd get bored with being overly rich after a while, what's the point in living when you have nothing to aspire to? Very dull. 

Yes my dad did work very hard for what he has, so I guess he should enjoy it in which ever way he pleases. I wouldn't want his lifestyle though. 

It's interesting that these forums attract people of very different backgrounds, but one thing that we all have in common is the interest for cars. :smile:

At the moment my 'dream' car is a candy red fiesta ST (and a classic citroen DS)!  I wouldn't say no to a Maserati or Alfa Quattro Formagio (sp?) though.  Cars are special in that whatever their age and condition they seem to have a certain quality that makes them likeable/interesting.

Im liking that Im leaving for a short break in Liverpool for a football game in 4 hours time.  Despite being an Arsenal supporter!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Bet that cost more than Jamie's £180! :smile:

As it happens, the 600 was an Orkney vehicle from 2002 until it "emigrated" to Inverness late last year. 

One of the last (and biggest) invoices was from a garage in Stromness...

WP_20170312_00_36_09_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

As it happens, the 600 was an Orkney vehicle from 2002 until it "emigrated" to Inverness late last year. 

One of the last (and biggest) invoices was from a garage in Stromness...

WP_20170312_00_36_09_Pro.jpg

If Conrad's been looking after that car it should be OK :wink:

• Like 2

I do like a good laugh. Johnny Vegas sorted that out tonight:

• Like 3

How I do like productive days..

Yesterday Got up super early (for me) had a 90 minute blast on the dh bike came back cleaned it, then cleaned both cars inside and out, and got started on decorating the girls bedroom.

Still even managed to sit down and watch the power stage of Rally Mexico 🇲🇽 Kris Meeke was s very lucky boy!!

• Like 1

At the moment my 'dream' car is a candy red fiesta ST (and a classic citroen DS)!  I wouldn't say no to a Maserati or Alfa Quattro Formagio (sp?) though.  Cars are special in that whatever their age and condition they seem to have a certain quality that makes them likeable/interesting.
Im liking that Im leaving for a short break in Liverpool for a football game in 4 hours time.  Despite being an Arsenal supporter!

My daughter just bought herself a Fiesta ST yesterday not red but the same spirit blue as my old one

58c84a88e727c_ImageUploadedByFordOC14895

To say she's chuffed would be an understatement
  • Like 6

So many young'uns & new drivers with cars wayy flashier than mine...

If only I had loaded parents! :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Incontro said:

So many young'uns & new drivers with cars wayy flashier than mine...

If only I had loaded parents! :laugh:

Yep, I know what you mean!!  Good thing I'm easily pleased... :laugh:

:ohmy:

She doesn't look old enough to drive, let alone buy her own car!!! God, I must be getting old!!! 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Turvey said:

:ohmy:

She doesn't look old enough to drive, let alone buy her own car!!! God, I must be getting old!!! 

You should have seen this boy, or should I say man that got into a 16-plate BMW coupe at Tesco Elgin a few months ago.  I'd seen him in the store and he literally looked to be 12 years old at the most, and as he walked up to the car (I was in the 405 parked across from his BMW) I expected him to get into the passenger seat for his mother/father to drive away, only for him to get into the drivers seat and drive away himself!!

To this day I'm still convinced he could not have been 17 years old.

• Like 4

You should have seen this boy, or should I say man that got into a 16-plate BMW coupe at Tesco Elgin a few months ago.  I'd seen him in the store and he literally looked to be 12 years old at the most, and as he walked up to the car (I was in the 405 parked across from his BMW) I expected him to get into the passenger seat for his mother/father to drive away, only for him to get into the drivers seat and drive away himself!!
To this day I'm still convinced he could not have been 17 years old.

Keep telling yourself that daddy bought it for him, it always makes me feel better haha

If I'm honest though my parents bought me my first 4 cars, 3 of which were brand new, one was an old Astra GTE (which was as good as any new car) and the one that went back was actually 2 cars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

my parents bought me my first 4 cars

The only car my parents ever gave to me was a very clapped out old Hillman Imp!

It was only working at all because I had spent most of the Summer holiday completely rebuilding the engine, though with some help from my father.

It broke down roughly every 200 miles, and the 0-60 time was rather beyond my ability to time itlaugh.png.

But I was still pretty chuffed with it. As a student, I had very little money.

It got me about, and it was mine. biggrin.pngcool.png

44 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

The only car my parents ever gave to me was a very clapped out old Hillman Imp!

It was only working at all because I had spent most of the Summer holiday completely rebuilding the engine, though with some help from my father.

It broke down roughly every 200 miles, and the 0-60 time was rather beyond my ability to time itlaugh.png.

But I was still pretty chuffed with it. As a student, I had very little money.

It got me about, and it was mine. biggrin.pngcool.png

Lord!  That'd be more than once per week at my rate of driving.

• Like 1

I would be chuffed to bits with an imp. Classic car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I delivered to a place in Sheffield today which makes what I can only call 'generators'. What they do is get hydrogen out of water and use it to power things like CARS yes cars. Also fork trucks and other motorised things. Apparently Shell has some hydrogen pumps. This goes into a tank from which it goes into a magic generator which then powers electric motors. Apparently a 300 mile range. This I like a lot.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

I delivered to a place in Sheffield today which makes what I can only call 'generators'. What they do is get hydrogen out of water and use it to power things like CARS yes cars. Also fork trucks and other motorised things. Apparently shell has some hydrogen pumps. This goes into a tank from which it goes into a magic generator which then powers electric motors. Apparently a 300 mile range. This I like a lot.

that sounds good 300 mile :smile:

I do like combining business with pleasure, having a long weekend with my brother and SIL in Walthamstow with two London based business appointments placed either side of it.:smile:  Pipper got to meet and play with my brothers pugs, whom she tired out very quickly. 

My brother and SIL do a fair amount of endurance running and triathlon. in their spare time. Their pugs don't like running any more than about 800 metres, Pipper was "borrowed" twice to join them on their morning 15 mile practice run.  It was the first time Pipper had to run rather than walk, first thing in the morning: she seemed to enjoy each time. :smile:  We all then went on daily long walk an hour or so, after the runners had returned. Albeit slowly as the pugs have short legs and breathing issues with their flat caved in noses. :mellow:

Unlike here, Walthamstow seems to be populated by pugs, french bulldogs and staffies.  We didn't see another spaniel all weekend:unsure:

When i went down to Tesco after we'd returned this morning, to restock mainly  my watercress and cream needs.  I parked in a cluster of Fords over 2 rows, 4 Foci, 3 Fiestas, an S-max and a Transit:smile:, which was then spoiled by the inclusion of an Audi TT that pulled in next to me:ohmy:.  As I returned, with my trolley, I happened to glance round; in the bay opposite me, was a black 5L Mustang on a 16 plate:smile:  That might mean, there are now two 5L Mustangs in the immediate neighbourhood, the red one and now this one:smile:

Whilst i was too early for bargains on watercress today, I did get a £5 off a pork shoulder joint form the butchery counter, Which is currently being transformed very slowly into pulled pork for my tea.:smile:

I do like a nice daytime drive in the 623 this afternoon!  Such an enjoyable car to drive, so refined.

WP_20170315_16_50_06_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like a nice daytime drive in the 623 this afternoon!  Such an enjoyable car to drive, so refined.

WP_20170315_16_50_06_Pro.jpg

that looks in such great order bet your pleased:smile:

4 minutes ago, dezwez said:

that looks in such great order bet your pleased:smile:

I am very pleased!  The build quality is on par with the Jaguars and Mercedes of the era, and I dare say it is a heck of a lot more reliable in the long run!  According to "How Many Left", there are only 200 other 623 GSi Automatic models left on the roads, and I expect that number to fall quite sharply in the next 3-5 years.

2017-03-15 (1).png

That said, the 405 Quasar diesel is still a rarer vehicle with only 15 left on the roads, mine included!

2017-03-15.png

That's what I'd hate about driving a modern vehicle, and to an extent it bothers me about the MK1 as they are still so popular that you are almost guaranteed to pass another one every time you drive somewhere.  What I love about the 405 and 623 is the uniqueness, and even though they are not vintage or desirable cars (yet), they do turn heads.

• Like 1

Lovely car that jmurray. Glad you're enjoying it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club