Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like checking this month's payslip to find that I have been fully paid, despite them having marked me down as "SICKNESS - UNPAID" on the schedule.  Due to my time served with the company I am entitled to full sick pay, but I was half expecting them to dock my wages anyway and result in me going down there and having quite a large argument with my manager.  Fortunately such a visit will not be required.

I also like my time off being marked down on the schedule meaning I am off until April 18th, at which point I will either:

1. Return to work
  2. Have found other employment
  3. Get signed off for an extended period

Time will tell which one of the above takes place.  Number two would obviously be the best in the long-run.

• Like 2

Seems Father Ted was way ahead of its time 😅

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like checking this month's payslip to find that I have been fully paid, despite them having marked me down as "SICKNESS - UNPAID" on the schedule.  Due to my time served with the company I am entitled to full sick pay, but I was half expecting them to dock my wages anyway and result in me going down there and having quite a large argument with my manager.  Fortunately such a visit will not be required.

I also like my time off being marked down on the schedule meaning I am off until April 18th,

My workplace pays full wages for up to six months when out sick for more than three days, 

However in my case; The payment recieved from the unemployment welfare office while sick is to be sent to the companies account as there paying full wages as normal.

it may be worth checking your contract to see if your sick pay scheme operates in the same way as you could and up oweing the company if in reciept of sick pay from the unemployment welfare office and the company.

Also if work phone you and you were to ignore the calls this can also affect the full wages payment as you would be saw as not engaging with the company which gives them grounds to assume termination of contract mate.

I do like that Pipper has started spreading her pee positions between the lawns; rather than concentrating on the lower and nearest one.:smile:  Girl pee is particularly caustic to lawns (like weedkiller) :mellow: Brandy used to use both equally and would also use the drive, where it didn't matter.  From almost 6 weeks of be peed on, the lower lawn is covered with brown patches of dead foliage.

I also like the in the amusing sense, the very precise time the courier stated for the delivery of Mk1 Focus power steering pressure switch, "your parcel will be with you between 10:05 and 10:15.  Your driver is Dave. You are Drop No.89"  It arrived at 10:08.

31 minutes ago, Lenny said:

My workplace pays full wages for up to six months when out sick for more than three days, 

We pay full wages for up to 12 months when certified sick.

3 minutes ago, GMX said:

We pay full wages for up to 12 months when certified sick.

Again, you are much more generous than most employers!  With my company it works on a scaling system based on your time served.  Under 6 months you get no sick pay for the first three days then SSP comes in, and you get (from memory) 1 month fully paid when signed off.  Between 6-12 months it is still unpaid for the first three days but you get 3 months fully paid when signed off, and over 12 months (in my case) all sick leave is fully paid and you can be signed off for up to 6 months paid. 

I could be slightly wrong there as I haven't got my contract to hand at the minute, but that's roughly how it stands. 

41 minutes ago, Lenny said:

However in my case; The payment recieved from the unemployment welfare office while sick is to be sent to the companies account as there paying full wages as normal.

it may be worth checking your contract to see if your sick pay scheme operates in the same way as you could and up oweing the company if in reciept of sick pay from the unemployment welfare office and the company.

Also if work phone you and you were to ignore the calls this can also affect the full wages payment as you would be saw as not engaging with the company which gives them grounds to assume termination of contract mate.

No it's fine, the pay comes directly from the company as per norm, whether they claim it back from welfare or not I'm unsure, but it isn't something the employees have to worry about.  Trust me, over 50% of the workforce have been signed off at some point in time so it is well known how it works!! :laugh:

Yes!!! The painting of the girls bedroom has finally finished!! Now my back can start to feel normal again.

Im expecting the nesting period to be starting any day now 😆

I'm pretty sure they used the exact same analogy on hollyoaks the other night, minus the swearing lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My employer, who is massive, pay sick leave from the moment you are signed off. That could mean a half day absence is covered. We get a maximum of 6months in a rolling 12month period at full pay then 6 months at half pay, then it is no pay. The SSP goes to the employer automatically, as yours did @Lenny

Our policy is that the employer can contact you by mail only, they are not allowed to call you if you have been signed off, unless you agree to it. They are also not allowed to contact you to ask when you are coming back, they can ask if you are brought in for a meeting.

• Like 2

If I'm off sick, i have to ring in Every day 1 hour before normal work start time until I'm better!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

My employer, who is massive, pay sick leave from the moment you are signed off. That could mean a half day absence is covered. We get a maximum of 6months in a rolling 12month period at full pay then 6 months at half pay, then it is no pay. The SSP goes to the employer automatically, as yours did @Lenny

Our policy is that the employer can contact you by mail only, they are not allowed to call you if you have been signed off, unless you agree to it. They are also not allowed to contact you to ask when you are coming back, they can ask if you are brought in for a meeting.

That's interesting, as ours does contact employees when they are signed off, and blatantly ask when you expect to return.  It isn't a requirement though, so I will simply be ignoring the call.  The sick note states I am off from 27.03.2017-17.04.2017, so they will see me on 18.04.2017 if I choose to return, and they will have no contact with me before then.

• Like 1

Just now, iantt said:

If I'm off sick, i have to ring in Every day 1 hour before normal work start time until I'm better!!

So do we, which I did for the first 5 days before getting signed off by the doctor, which means you no longer have to call in as you are officially unfit to work for a set period of time.

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I'm pretty sure they used the exact same analogy on hollyoaks the other night, minus the swearing lol

😦I'm not allowed to watch Hollyoaks 😐

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

😦I'm not allowed to watch Hollyoaks 😐

I don't think your missing out on much 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commencal24 said:

I don't think your missing out on much 😉

I was never interested in the storyline 😀

• Like 1

Just now, Lenny said:

Me neither, I avoid soaps like the plague.

who wants to sit and watch people's disaster filled miserable lives for 30 minutes 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I avoid soaps like the plague.

Who wants to watch people's disaster filled miserable lives for 30 minutes 😆

• Like 1

Just now, Commencal24 said:

Don't know why that was posted twice?

No

I was never interested in the storyline [emoji3]

It's not really the storylines I am interested in either @Lenny

• Like 2

I deal with peoples disasters all the time.
Most of our shouts involve domestic problems.
I should retrain as a social worker.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I do like that everything I planned to today was completed well ahead of schedule:smile:

19 hours ago, iantt said:

That's sounds a bit extreme to me.:ohmy:

19 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

That's more or less what we do.

Once an employee has told us he/she is sick, we leave them alone to get better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

I deal with peoples disasters all the time.
Most of our shouts involve domestic problems.
I should retrain as a social worker.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Start up your own show on BBC 😅 talk to Clive and masher 

ow you will need a big dog called masher 😉

• Like 3

I do like a good 40 mile drive in the 405 today and enjoying its manual transmission for a change!  First time I've actually appreciated it since buying the Rover, and I still prefer autos but on the open road nothing beats a 5-speed!! 

I also like getting paid tomorrow...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club