Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

16 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

According to the pump it is an American Pale Ale? :unsure:

That's the style of beer, it's actually brewed in Hartlepool :wink:

I do like my insurance renewal has only gone up £21smile.png  Which after I've rung round a few others and tried the comparison sites, I should be able to negotiate downwards: if not obliterate.smile.png Despite the various reports in the media, saying everyone will see an increase of between £75-£150 this year,on account of the new algorithm insurers have to use ,and the chancellor's budgetary interference.
juvenile crocodile?
My cousin lives in Florida, and has had quite few incidents of stray baby crocodiles getting stuck in the pool

I read about that today, the new tool. I did a quote for both the cars on a comparison site and one car went up by £11 and the other by £15, can't complain about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 4/11/2017 at 1:41 PM, GMX said:

:smile:

juvenile crocodile?

My cousin lives in Florida, and has had quite few incidents of stray baby crocodiles getting stuck in the pool

aligattors in florida,  we chose a house that didnt back on to the lake where the aligattors live fortunatly, but have seen them on the side of the road in ditches. 

just been into walmart, they sell everything there from toilet roll to guns, turkey to tyres, tvs to crafts, you can even get your lube service done while you shop( and yes i did wonder what that was. lol oil and filters changed on your pick up truck)

and rounds of amunition on the shelf like its tins of beans. 

what did concern me earlier was the speed of trucks passibg us on tge roads, a fed ex articulated lorry and trailer attatched went passed us on the inside lane at over 75mph, (thats what we were doing) probably 80mph. 

and they dont stop when lights go to red(probably couldnt stop at those speeds)

• Like 1

I do like finding the bogof on chicken necks and the offer of 4 for £10 on stinky sticks is still being run, at Pipper's food supplier. 

On 11/04/2017 at 8:42 PM, Turvey said:

Just 

Just had a pint of Motorhead Road Crew beer! 

IMG_20170411_192221423.jpg

IMG_20170411_170702295.jpg

That's very cheap compared to down here!  :ohmy: 

• Like 2

I do like that Volvo had the brilliant idea of fitting a cassette and CD player stereo to the V40s.  Why didn't any other car manufacturer do that? 

18 hours ago, iantt said:

aligattors in florida,  we chose a house that didnt back on to the lake where the aligattors live fortunatly, but have seen them on the side of the road in ditches. 

just been into walmart, they sell everything there from toilet roll to guns, turkey to tyres, tvs to crafts, you can even get your lube service done while you shop( and yes i did wonder what that was. lol oil and filters changed on your pick up truck)

and rounds of amunition on the shelf like its tins of beans. 

what did concern me earlier was the speed of trucks passibg us on tge roads, a fed ex articulated lorry and trailer attatched went passed us on the inside lane at over 75mph, (thats what we were doing) probably 80mph. 

and they dont stop when lights go to red(probably couldnt stop at those speeds)

How long are you there for Ian?  I am slightly jealous it has to be said!

4 hours ago, GMX said:

That's very cheap compared to down here!  :ohmy: 

It was a guest ale so I presume it was on special offer. Even better, I got it as part of 'Steak Club'  8oz steak and chips etc plus a pint for £7.40!!! 

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

It was a guest ale so I presume it was on special offer. Even better, I got it as part of 'Steak Club'  8oz steak and chips etc plus a pint for £7.40!!! 

Good Lord! 

How long are you there for Ian?  I am slightly jealous it has to be said!

2 weeks, then a day in new york on way home. taken a lot of saving to get there with 5 of us to pay for.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, iantt said:

2 weeks, then a day in new york on way home. taken a lot of saving to get there with 5 of us to pay for.

Hope you enjoy every minute mate,

Hopefully be five of us going in a few years when I finish the house 😥

Our two year old son In the Que at the Self service Checkouts in Dunnes Stores 😁

special offer 2 for €4 on the triple pack Kinder Eggs I suppose we all have something which we like to get a good deal on 😅

20170410_084352_zpscsi5cywm.jpg 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, iantt said:

It ain't cheap that's for sure, but is worth it from what I've heard.

Enjoy yourself, have you by chance got a Ford hire car?

• Like 1

Even if you don't have a car in NY it's likely you'll end up in a Ford Taxi! I got to go in a few C-Max Hybrids and a Ford Escape Hybrids. Didn't go in a Crown Vic as I wanted to go in a hybrid and went in a Prius instead. :ph34r:

• Like 1

was going to have a ford edge 2.7 ecoboost v6 (315hp) but got beaten to that one by another group of tourists( basicaly you go to to the rental garage at airport and pick from a row of cars in your catergory you prevoisly chose, we paid for standard suv)
so went for a dodge journey instead, bit old fashoined compared to the edge .
still had 283hp from 3.6 v6. currently getting 18mpg lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

was going to have a ford edge 2.7 ecoboost v6 (315hp) but got beaten to that one by another group of tourists( basicaly you go to to the rental garage at airport and pick from a row of cars in your catergory you prevoisly chose, we paid for standard suv)
so went for a dodge journey instead, bit old fashoined compared to the edge .
still had 283hp from 3.6 v6. currently getting 18mpg lol

Haha, I love how the Ecoboost engines in America are 2.7 litres and here they are 1.0 litre!!  Give me the American version any day of the week.

• Like 1

theres no "conserving" the earths resources going on here. keep pumping the oil out the ground to fuel the v6 and v8 motors.
we were at seaworld and they pretend to be conservationists, asking us to do our bit for the enviroment by using less plastic bags so they dont end up in the sea. then 30 mins later we are in walmart where the cashier bags our shopping up using nearly 1 bag per item !!! . we did laugh. 20 plastic bags for a little shop

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

theres no "conserving" the earths resources going on here. keep pumping the oil out the ground to fuel the v6 and v8 motors.
we were at seaworld and they pretend to be conservationists, asking us to do our bit for the enviroment by using less plastic bags so they dont end up in the sea. then 30 mins later we are in walmart where the cashier bags our shopping up using nearly 1 bag per item !!! . we did laugh. 20 plastic bags for a little shop

It is ridiculous when you think about it!  I'd still rather have that though than the situation we have in the UK where everything is controlled for us.  You MUST NOT do this and MUST NOT do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I do like buying a bottle of Tanqueray 43.1% gin!!  A stiff G&T is just what the doctor ordered after today's drama.

• Like 2

finding out your old focus mk2 is back on the road :-)

• Like 1

Went to Lexus to book in my car for a recall and I love when a couple came up to me to talk about the car and asked if they can even seat in it. Because they are looking to purchase the same. I felt like a sales man and I actually enjoyed it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Went to Lexus to book in my car for a recall and I love when a couple came up to me to talk about the car and asked if they can even seat in it. Because they are looking to purchase the same. I felt like a sales man and I actually enjoyed it.

But without the pressure to meet any tough sales targets :))

Btw what MPG are you getting on the motorway?

But without the pressure to meet any tough sales targets :))
Btw what MPG are you getting on the motorway?

On a run my tank avg says 37mpg, I have seen low 40s when coming downhill. But usually 34-37 when am driving economical. Am sure I would hit the sales target if I was in that line of work.

2 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

On a run my tank avg says 37mpg, I have seen low 40s when coming downhill. But usually 34-37 when am driving economical. Am sure I would hit the sales target if I was in that line of work.

Ouch, that is kinda low, but I guess worth the joy you get from the car I'm sure :)

True, if you actually enjoy doing something, it's easy to excel at it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club