Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Ouch, that is kinda low, but I guess worth the joy you get from the car I'm sure :)

True, if you actually enjoy doing something, it's easy to excel at it!

It's okay my focus was doing about the same on the motorway and yeah it is a good trade in. Moreover I do not drive everyday so it works out fine.

Ideally I will like to do what I do for an F1 company.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

was running out of petrol last night so  we stopped at the "gas" station to fill up. realised after a minute or so the fuel wasnt coming out nozzle, then remembered in the states you have to pre pay for your fuel first.

so went in shop to pay first, thinking i would only put in around $40(£32.80) just to keep us going . the attendant said "are you sure?"

did she think im stupid!! of course thats how much i wanted or i wouldnt have said so

ah!!! i was basing this amount on uk fuel prices.... err. oh. 

then after attempt 2 i realised you had to pull a switch to turn fuel on(quite embarassing standing there wondering why no fuel still not coming out)

couldnt get $40 in tank. ha ha and this in a gas guzzling suv. managed $36, couldnt be arsed to go back shop for the $4. 

worked out at 50.7 pence a litre!!!! 

• Like 1

Finding out my titanium x sport ecoboost is actually quicker and faster than I thought. OK. I drove it like i stole it today coming back to Leeds from near Oldham. Hee hee even beemers moved over. Oh what a lovely drive back lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

was running out of petrol last night so  we stopped at the "gas" station to fill up. realised after a minute or so the fuel wasnt coming out nozzle, then remembered in the states you have to pre pay for your fuel first.

so went in shop to pay first, thinking i would only put in around $40(£32.80) just to keep us going . the attendant said "are you sure?"

did she think im stupid!! of course thats how much i wanted or i wouldnt have said so

ah!!! i was basing this amount on uk fuel prices.... err. oh. 

then after attempt 2 i realised you had to pull a switch to turn fuel on(quite embarassing standing there wondering why no fuel still not coming out)

couldnt get $40 in tank. ha ha and this in a gas guzzling suv. managed $36, couldnt be arsed to go back shop for the $4. 

worked out at 50.7 pence a litre!!!! 

Stop it Ian!!  You're making me very jealous.

last time i came here ( 2013)it was working out to 32p a litre!! i cant remember that price in the uk. probably in the 1980's.

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

last time i came here ( 2013)it was working out to 32p a litre!! i cant remember that price in the uk. probably in the 1980's.

More like the 60s or 70s probably!  I was telling a friend in Canada that it costs around £70 ($117 CAD/$89 US) to fill a fuel tank over here and he couldn't believe it as it is literally DOUBLE what they pay.

That's our wonderful Government and its taxation system for you!!

As for the price of petrol. I can remember it before decimalisation costing around 50p a gallon. I was young then but a biker at heart coz my eldest brother had the 125 yamaha and a 350cc matchless. My middle brother said we'll keep the 125 for when petrol becomes a quid a gallon. I'm 55 now as of last Friday and I'm glad I lived and rode/drove in the halcyonic era.

When I started driving I can remember going to the petrol station and a man filled up for you never had to get out of the car I used to say " £5 or fill it up which ever comes first" must have been 50p a gallon back then

4 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

When I started driving I can remember going to the petrol station and a man filled up for you never had to get out of the car I used to say " £5 or fill it up which ever comes first" must have been 50p a gallon back then

There are still petrol stations like that round my way, but to be honest I prefer filling it myself!  Don't like anybody else touching my cars...

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

There are still petrol stations like that round my way, but to be honest I prefer filling it myself!  Don't like anybody else touching my cars...

Completely agree! Went to a friend's house party recently, and alcohol was obviously involved. I drove myself there (missed the train, which is once every 2 hours), but couldn't drive myself back.

Another friend suggested asking the host to drive my car back to my place the next day, and I was like "ain't no chance that's gonna happen!" in my mind. :biggrin:

On another note - things I like - having a very productive gym session, and enjoying the relaxing drive back home :cool:

Finding out my titanium x sport ecoboost is actually quicker and faster than I thought. OK. I drove it like i stole it today coming back to Leeds from near Oldham. Hee hee even beemers moved over. Oh what a lovely drive back lol

Bet they never indicated lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do like having to use Shell v nitro today I could see the difference instantly in acceleration although not pocket friendly.

I was debating on whether to put this in the do like or don't like thread, but I guess I do like successfully getting to Edinburgh this afternoon to visit my uncle in hospital.  He's not in great shape, but getting the attention he needs.  The Rover made the 370 mile journey without any problem, plenty of power for overtaking and cruise control for the A9 and motorways.  It is a terrific car indeed.

• Like 2

I do like picking up my new glasses yesterday and being able to read again without the need to constantly flip them up for the small close-up print:smile:.

This time, my prescription sunglasses are photochromatic to overcome the issue when walking Pipper, from going from a bright sunny field into a dark forest, I am quite surprised how the modern lenses quickly darken and lighten: milliseconds:smile:  I was put off the earlier incarnations as they were slow to change, particularly from dark to light.. I don't think they'll work in the Mk2 Focus though:mellow:.  Although the optician said, you can "fix" them by getting into the car with them fully darkened and because the windscreen is blocking the UV, they will remain so until you get out again, providing you don't have windows open. 

It was 20°C on the garage wall when I returned from Pipper's morning stroll, completely sunny without a cloud.:smile:  According to the forecast, it should've been cloudy with occasional sunny spells and the odd shower and no more than 14°C. 

Pipper has taken up digging:ohmy:  but only under bushes and below the western facing hedge. She's excavated quite a hole beneath the Photinia bushes, currently as deep as she is high!

Under no circumstances am i ever likely to feed the wildlife !!  This sign was outside a shopping mall carpark.

IMG_20170416_154724429.jpg

1 minute ago, iantt said:

Under no circumstances am i ever likely to feed the wildlife !! 

IMG_20170416_154724429.jpg

I wouldn't go near the water yet alone feed them LOL:smile:

• Like 2

This is about all i want to come close too, it ran into pool when i saw it so we rescued it out and now it's sunning it's self to warm up

IMG_20170418_115737175.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

This is about all i want to come close too, it ran into pool when i saw it so we rescued it out and now it's sunning it's self to warm up

Cute!

But have you had a good look around for Mummy? Crocs & Gators are reputed to be very good, and caring parents.

Caring for their babies that is, not caring for you, except to have you for supper ohmy.pngsad.png:rip:.

I do like seeing that the home owner has rebuilt his wall four months after I crashed into it...  Not sure what took him so long, but I'm glad the reminder of my accident will now be gone when I next drive past.

This is a like and do not like in one. Do not like when the lex was repaired they could not be bothered be fix it properly instead of xenon they put halogens. But now I have found hid conversion kits and will get it installed next week.

This is a like and do not like in one. Do not like when the lex was repaired they could not be bothered be fix it properly instead of xenon they put halogens. But now I have found hid conversion kits and will get it installed next week.

Did I read about this on the Lexus forum? They also put on the base model bumper on too, the one without the washers on it?

Did I read about this on the Lexus forum? They also put on the base model bumper on too, the one without the washers on it?

Yes you did. Lol what's your name there.

• Like 1

Yes you did. Lol what's your name there.

I'm not a member, I was just mooching about over there and saw your post. I've got a friend who owns an is200 and I was curious to see what kind of issues are discussed on the lex page.

I'm not a member, I was just mooching about over there and saw your post. I've got a friend who owns an is200 and I was curious to see what kind of issues are discussed on the lex page.

Very helpful bunch so far learnt a lot already. And learning more about the brand so much so am looking at the new IS300H f sport

• Like 1

I do like getting home from work early due to management unexpectedly granting my request for phased return.  Wonders never cease!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club