Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Nooooooooooo ken. IS300H defo no no. Not a patch on your IS250 except in looks.

• Like 1

Interesting, I was watching reviews and they say it is much better in terms of quality and the quietness. I am looking at the facelift of my is250 though with less mileage and the new headlights. [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you really want an IS300H then make sure you take it for a damn good test drive. Over all different road surface. Mind your head on the grab handle above the door. And do your damned best to ignore the engines high revs staying there when you floor it coz of the CVT.

If you really want an IS300H then make sure you take it for a damn good test drive. Over all different road surface. Mind your head on the grab handle above the door. And do your damned best to ignore the engines high revs staying there when you floor it coz of the CVT.

I have had a short test drive and the CVT did not drive me too crazy, the is250 is the same to be fair and I have learnt to drive it. If I want to go fast I use sport the paddle shifters.

I find the steering on the 200 incredibly light and neutral, there is absolutely no feedback through the wheel and higher speeds it feels twitchy and skittish. I do like it's looks, for an old girl she fits in well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find the steering on the 200 incredibly light and neutral, there is absolutely no feedback through the wheel and higher speeds it feels twitchy and skittish. I do like it's looks, for an old girl she fits in well.

This why I like the Lexus smooth steering and very light. Do not get my wrong I used to have a 3 series but for some reason u like this. Maybe am lazy

This why I like the Lexus smooth steering and very light. Do not get my wrong I used to have a 3 series but for some reason u like this. Maybe am lazy

• Like 1

Lexus popular over here in usa, more popular it appears than fords except for the f150 pick up trucks from what I've seen while driving . All the Jap brands do well here too.

In essence the IS300H is a good car but it would be a Great car if it had a proper auto box. A turbo and more compliant suspension and if it was a plug in hybrid too then it'd probably be the best car in the world.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 1:44 PM, tazzman600 said:

Well seeing you've already convinced me not to go for IS300H, I'll ask you another one Mister wise man... :wink:

Any reason not to go for a Merc C180 (facelift W204)?

Well seeing you've already convinced me not to go for IS300H, I'll ask you another one Mister wise man... wink.png
Any reason not to go for a Merc C180 (facelift W204)?

Yeah it's a merc. If you think Lexus driving gives no feedback then a merc is zero. I will take an Audi or f30 3 series over a merc.

Newer Merc's generally have better steering feel than the equivalent Audis, so I've heard. But none of them will exactly set the world alight with feel. BMW probably is best for driver involvement.

I've driven a c class coupe and thought that I felt more involved in the ride when I was a passenger, zero feedback through the wheel. And the engine, a Kompressor lacked any real conviction. I've also been unfortunate enough to have one of the ML range vehicles thrust upon me as a courtesy car for a fortnight following an RTC. It was very comfy and had lots of gadgets and buttons/dials to press/turn. The steering was underwhelming but the worse thing was the ride itself, I just seemed to be inside a giant marshmallow. It felt wallowy through the bends and setting off I thought I was going to get thrown out the back the way it lunges forwards and hunkers down regardless of what the speed was.

I can't comment on a merc as I've never owned or driven one.
I did own an IS300H hence my honest comments.

I quite like that after a 202 mile round trip to the classic bike show at Stafford and driving my car at let's say various speeds that my trip computer says I averaged 32.8mpg. And yes I floored it numerous times lol

I do like only having tomorrow to work (half-day) and then off for the rest of the week, and payday on Friday!!  About ***** time.

EDIT: I didn't realise a description for something being covered in blood was classed as a swear word?  Talk about treating us like children.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like only having tomorrow to work (half-day) and then off for the rest of the week, and payday on Friday!!  About ***** time.

EDIT: I didn't realise a description for something being covered in blood was classed as a swear word?  Talk about treating us like children.

best day payday :smile:

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

best day payday :smile:

Well, not when you are working the Saturday it isn't! :laugh:

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

Well, not when you are working the Saturday it isn't! :laugh:

ar there is that :sad:

Guys I need help, am becoming biased to a Lexus I cannot think of any other thing cannot even think of the mondeo I used to like. I want a gs300h, I want an GS F, I want an LFA

If you can afford one then LFA all the way.

If you can afford one then LFA all the way.

Obviously that was a wish.if won the lotto.

When you find out how to sort something out that have taken you ages to do.

• Like 3

Only having one more day of work till the long weekend!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Only having one more day of work till the long weekend!

Apart from 2 days at Christmas and 2 at New Year the May Day holiday is the only we get off, so I agree with you! :punk:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club