Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I was guessing at 10mpg. I've just googled and found someone who did a roadtrip in one that they had bought , and ouch!!! 6.1mpg over there 2500mile trip in us and Canada!!!

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

I was guessing at 10mpg. I've just googled and found someone who did a roadtrip in one that they had bought , and ouch!!! 6.1mpg over there 2500mile trip in us and Canada!!!

Holy Moses!!  Even with US/Canada fuel prices that would still be damn expensive, but then again if you are rich enough to afford one of those machines in the first place you are probably rich enough to not worry about fuel costs...

after coming back from usa last week, my partner was mentioning about going on a roadtrip in an R.V. ..... errr, i dont think so now ive googled that tonight. suppose it would be higher mpg if you take into account us gallon is only around 3.78litres.

• Like 1

quick calculation, works out 7.1mpg, thats alot better. lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iantt said:

after coming back from usa last week, my partner was mentioning about going on a roadtrip in an R.V. ..... errr, i dont think so now ive googled that tonight. suppose it would be higher mpg if you take into account us gallon is only around 3.78litres.

As expensive as it would be, one of my dreams is to have a US/Canada RV trip!!  Mind you, I'd be happy to do it in a smaller motorhome such as a Ford Econoline with just the basic necessities and much better MPG.  Even a 7.3 litre IDI diesel should be able to get 15-20MPG which is pretty incredible actually.

Of course I'm talking about 20+ year old models, but you now what I'm like, I wouldn't travel in anything newer!!

Setting up Tropical fish tank in the kids room today, had spotted this 5 Gallon kit in Argos for €95

20170430_192619.thumb.jpg.98a23a7ff30ca9ba3e3f3d43b2be8864.jpg

surprisingly went to the pet shop thinking id get a better deal but they wanted €165 for the same kit 😦 

so just bought stones and a tree branch in pet shop.

they can put the fish in there in two weeks time. Comes with a book for the kids to read about different types of fish and colour in with feeding chart aswell as a setup book for the adults 😁

20170430_193903.thumb.jpg.792ac7210f607c49ba9f6f5d68984342.jpg

• Like 1

Needs a background to cover the left side & rear aswell as a few fish now and it's done,

Gotta wait two weeks Before putting fish in, 

Pump is a bit noisey, will look in to replacement since it's in there bedroom but overall im impressed with how well it fits in and so is Princess Ariel there gazing in at it😁

20170501_142235_zpsesulxzx4_edit_1493652

20170501_142256_zpscodq2wtn_edit_1493652

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Needs a background to cover the left side & rear aswell as a few fish now and it's done,

Gotta wait two weeks Before putting fish in, 

Pump is a bit noisey, will look in to replacement since it's in there bedroom but overall im impressed with how well it fits in and so is Princess Ariel there gazing in at it😁

20170501_142235_zpsesulxzx4_edit_1493652

20170501_142256_zpscodq2wtn_edit_1493652

that's a smart looking tank :smile:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dezwez said:

that's a smart looking tank :smile:

Thanks mate, 

Got the best deal on it in Argos full heated Aquarium kit with food and everything was €65 cheaper than the petshop for the same sized kit. 

link: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6348216 

picked up 4Kg Stones in petshop need to leave the tank now with chemicals and water in for 2 weeks to allow the chlorine die and bacteria build up before adding the fish, 

Looks nice mate do you know what sort of fish 🐟 you want?

7 minutes ago, TangoDaz said:

Looks nice mate do you know what sort of fish 🐟 you want?

Tropical I think; going for a catfish to keep the stones clean then one other fish and 5 of the little tiny lads that go around together 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lenny said:

...... and 5 of the little tiny lads that go around together 

Neon tetras? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Neon tetras? 

Thems the boys 👍

• Like 3

When I had a tank we had some of them as well can be very therapeutic and calming 

• Like 2

I like seeing on our local Ford dealers Facebook page a pic of 6 new Focuses waiting on their new owners....... sadly I'm not one of them :sad:

18194619_723455734494110_7357565443241976528_n.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I like seeing on our local Ford dealers Facebook page a pic of 6 new Focuses waiting on their new owners....... sadly I'm not one of them :sad:

18194619_723455734494110_7357565443241976528_n.jpg

😯 No Recession there #ChaChing 

• Like 2

the "doc"was dissapointed that our tesco petrol station had run out of flux capacitors

IMG_20170501_195142773_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

the "doc"was dissapointed that our tesco petrol station had run out of flux capacitors

cool :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Move with the times 😁 Seriously get a Redbull Capacitor

IMG_20150419_183447_zpsdrz1haf5.jpg

IMG_20150419_183454_zpsrc1qcfza.jpg

• Like 2

Finally figured out how to check rest and check my avg mpg. Full tank this morning and avg on getting to work is 36mpg not too bad

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's better than not too bad Ken. That's fabulous for that car.

That's better than not too bad Ken. That's fabulous for that car.

Yeah I thought so but this was at 75mph on cruise control and taking some 60mph country roads. Going to work is uphill going home is down so will be interesting to see my avg for the day.

8 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Finally figured out how to check rest and check my avg mpg. Full tank this morning and avg on getting to work is 36mpg not too bad

That's extremely good considering that the most I can squeeze out of my Focus (provided I don't drive like a granny) is 42 MPG!

You're all making me jealous because the most I get out of my Rover is 30MPG, even if I do drive like a granny!!

• Like 1

30!!! ouch!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club