Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like that my Xerox paper order finally turned up this afternoon, albeit 10 days after ordering rather than the supplier quoted 48 hour delivery time.   I was getting abysmally low (just 21 sheets in my feed tray) as I had believed 48 hours when I ordered with just a ream left: I would've actually run out tomorrow.

52 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like that my Xerox paper order finally turned up this afternoon, albeit 10 days after ordering rather than the supplier quoted 48 hour delivery time.   I was getting abysmally low (just 21 sheets in my feed tray) as I had believed 48 hours when I ordered with just a ream left: I would've actually run out tomorrow.

So much for the paper-less office huh :wacko:

• Like 2

Pipper and I have returned from her vets, who declared her phantom pregnancy is finally over:smile:, she's stopped lactating :smile:and providing she doesn't go into season again over the next few days:unsure:: she can can finally have her spay:smile:  Which will be done at the rescue centre's own on-site hospital by their vets, as per the adoption agreement, on Thursday.

I also like seeing despite an announcement to the contrary (Vauxhalls to replace Fords in the fleet): Dorset Police have retained quite a few Foci and Mondeos, in their fleet.  Well, all the police cars we saw this afternoon (10 in total - 8 liveried Foci, 1 liveried Mondeo and 1 unmarked Mondeo lit up, pursuing a black BMW) on the A35 and A31 were:smile:

• Like 1

Our Force went for Vauxhalls.
Most of the lads/lasses hate them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After what seemed a busy and chaotic last few weeks, which meant not being able to visit here as much as I would like.

I can proudly announce the birth of my little girl Halliè she arrived Wednesday evening weighing 6lbs 15oz.

Goodbye a good nights sleep lol

IMG_7986.thumb.JPG.e33262db744a9ecab041dcf48ac43cbe.JPG

IMG_7984.thumb.JPG.ececedc919a691a679a819b6aaac86db.JPG

• Like 5

Congratulations. She's a little beauty. Been there done that. Grandad duties now lol.
It'll be just as chaotic coz of visitors and doting grandparents.

• Like 1

Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Huge congratulations @Commencal24 she is beautiful and such a pretty name too. My 'baby' turned one last week, heart melts every time I see her and she has me wrapped round her tiny finger! Freya is my first (and last), everyday she changes so treasure every moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

An engineer in one of the holes exclaimed a "WTF!" followed by a "OMG!" and then a 20 metre fountain of water erupted from his holemellow.png

I know it's a little childish @GMX but this sentence made me smile. Today has been a tough day, it's now ended on a good vibe!

• Like 1

Cheers guys, she's absolutely adorable, even more so in her new outfit I had to buy as an emergency yesterday.

IMG_8009.thumb.JPG.90c16f212686d1e2190a2063b12629b3.JPGalso as I write this, we've both been up since 4.30 😢 feeling shattered and Halliè is wide awake

• Like 3

I do like finally getting around to cutting my hair!  You could probably make a wig from what came off.

WP_20170704_19_50_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.08307edd2504b790806f3fdd4a0c5d17.jpg

cant remember the last time i had that amount of hair either after a hair cut or even on my head. lol

• Like 3

I like that the (fairly quiet, passengers say they can't hear it) noise that I have been trying to track down for the past year has hopefully been identified by a local garage as a possible top strut bearing/mount. They've advised me to just keep an eye on it and get it changed as and when it gets worse... they did put my mind at rest about the wheel not dropping off though! :ph34r:

At least I know i'm not hearing things... possibly!

• Like 1

I do like walking through the duty-free shop in Glasgow airport and spying LITRE bottles of Caoruun gin for £24.99, normal size 700ml is usually about £35! So I had to buy one 🍸🍹🥃

• Like 2

I like (and dislike) amazon for it's Prime day...

So far i've spent £202, granted that includes a laptop for my mum cos she's been looking for one for ages, and a Core i3, 4GB ram, 1TB hdd for £279 from a well known brand! Also bought a dash button for £1.99.

Resisting the urge to buy an Echo... or Cards against Humanity...

I do like recuperating indoors with some good music and my cats! 

WP_20170711_09_33_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.497545485c9ae706d50d23141d9dff5e.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like recuperating indoors with some good music and my cats! 

WP_20170711_09_33_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.497545485c9ae706d50d23141d9dff5e.jpg

How's the health? 

I've got a week's worth of likes

On Monday, I liked that the incentivised donation system I came up with for a charity golf day event (in aid of the rescue Pipper came from and I now volunteer at) really inspired and motivated the participants, to play some of their best golf. They were playing from 5am to 10pm, 72 holes at 2 different golf courses, 2 rounds at each one.

On Tuesday, having worked close to 3 years putting a proposal together for a client and their long-winded tendering process, we won the 10 year contract.:smile:  Beating all 3 of the preferred bidders, 2 of whom are huge international corporations:biggrin:

On Thursday, Pipper went back to rescue centre's on-site hospital to finally have her spay and whilst she was under, they were going to look at her tear ducts as they'd initially thought she had a blockage. She had been provisionally booked on the 6th but they were overbooked (too many patients to not enough vets) all the elective patients were rescheduled for the 13th. Whilst Pipper was recovering in the post-op kennels, I walked and entertained a lovely and affable greyhound called Roger and then very affectionate Staffie called Peanut.

https://www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk/42161

https://www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk/42177

It turns out there are no blockages in Pippers tear ducts, she just produces more tears than her ducts can drain away:smile:  Her spay was without complications and the vet nurse said Pipper was a model patient:smile: 

Pipper is on restricted exercise for the next week, so there wasn't an extended walk this morning; a gentle stroll around the block with no bouncing. She's equally not allowed to go up and down the stairs under her own power, jump into the cars, on to her lounge chair or the sofa.  I have to lift her on and off things, carry her up and down stairs until next Thursday.

She went to her own vet this morning for her post-op check, she's healing nicely:smile: 

• Like 3

I have not been around for awhile loads of personal issues going on. But now slowly getting better. I do like I got an exchange of wheels today and it does make a massive difference.ab9f00808df25eafbac3247016f3ebaa.jpg26ec965c8f4ad83f6bb30104497f49d4.jpg5be5446a4ed15df41e3c76d6b312f477.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 04/07/2017 at 8:05 PM, jmurray01 said:

I do like finally getting around to cutting my hair!  You could probably make a wig from what came off.

WP_20170704_19_50_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.08307edd2504b790806f3fdd4a0c5d17.jpg

Am I the only one who saw that and thought this596a6235f02c6_hairyhaggis.jpg.c67ec4a8308a7be8445fdce2fd41b3c0.jpg

• Like 2

Am I the only one who saw that and thought this596a6235f02c6_hairyhaggis.jpg.c67ec4a8308a7be8445fdce2fd41b3c0.jpg

Yes

25 minutes ago, GMX said:

Saw this earlier on FB 😁

brushed-my-dog-made-a-new-one-whaaaat-2849786.png

• Like 5

I like (and dislike) Amazon for it's Prime day...
So far i've spent £202, granted that includes a laptop for my mum cos she's been looking for one for ages, and a Core i3, 4GB ram, 1TB hdd for £279 from a well known brand! Also bought a dash button for £1.99.
Resisting the urge to buy an Echo... or Cards against Humanity...

I was able to steer clear from laptops, dash buttons and echo's, I fell pray to Cards Against Humanity though!

I do like that the 2 tomato plants that were accidentally savaged by both Pipper (moving between terraced lawns whilst wagging) and Molly (chasing a new tom cat across the garden) last week, both of whom appeared to dying until yesterday: have produced new growth today:smile:

Love getting 4 disks and pads on sale at car parts for less 175 quid for Brembo disks and pagid pads

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club