Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Tesco Simply Roasted and Salted Cashews! 

Only tried them for the first time a couple of weeks ago, delicious 😁

• Like 1

am with you there :smile:

• Like 1

I am currently more than happy with CJ Pony Parts http://www.cjponyparts.com
I bought a set of Redline Tuning bonnet lifters over a year ago from them and only got around to fitting them last week in time for FF.
I managed to snap off a spring steel clip that holds the piston onto the bottom ball joint meaning that the jount is not 100% stable.
I looked on the Redline Tuning website http://www.redlinetuning.com and even though the spares are reasonable, postage was going to be highly extortionate.
Thinking "nothing ventured - nothing gained" I sent CJ's an email expecting them to refer me to Redline directly.
Email popped up today to inform me they were sending a full set of end pieces totally gratis.
Excellent customer service indeed.
Good bunch of guys for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wow and after a year too? That's quite exceptional customer service I'd say.

• Like 1

I like the newly build club house pub at the grange caravan park Skegness. Newky brown 385 a bottle. A round for 5 of us under 15 quid. That's ruddy marvellous.
I also like how my tit x sport ecoboost mondeo took a boot full and returned a favourable economy. Ok I drove to speed limits lol but did twice floor it for ahem safe overtaking.
The mk4/4.5 mondeo is the most superb family car.

I like that there's a family of 3 ford focus ST'S a few min walk from us all stopping at the same caravan. 2 white and 1 burnt orange. Niiiiiiiice.

• Like 1

Lol I was in skeg today visiting family. I like that my 3 year old daughter took her first ride on a donkey today and loved it!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Reasonably productive week.

Managed to get my car back together and taken to the dealer for an MOT (it's part of my service plan).  However, they couldn't guaruntee getting it done before Saturday.  Left it with them, not really fussed - got the OH's car to play with.

Today we've decided to restore her headlights - sand back, polish and re-laquer them.  That's my job.  She's decided to sticker-bomb her bumper because she can't be bothered to get it resprayed lol

Attached are before/after photos...still not perfect, but considerably better than what they were.  Also one of her stickering up the bumper.  She will kill me if she sees it :laugh:

20170817_140023.jpg

20170817_151032.jpg

20170817_151242.jpg

LOL kids at play I see. Mind you it look rather good.

Lights look amazing, good work! When you say 'sand them back', what exactly do you do?

Jury's out on the bumper though, I don't think it's a favourable verdict if I'm honest lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

LOL kids at play I see. Mind you it look rather good.

It isn't as bad as I expected...

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Lights look amazing, good work! When you say 'sand them back', what exactly do you do?

Jury's out on the bumper though, I don't think it's a favourable verdict if I'm honest lol

...not to my taste though lol

As for the lights - the old lacquer had broken down and crazed like...well...crazy.

A good going over with some 2000-grit wet & dry followed by rubbing compound got rid of most of the crazing.  In hindsight, I wohld have started with something a little more coarse.

Finally, several coats of a UV stable PU laquer to finish.  It's amazing how much better the lights work now lol

• Like 3

i do like going through security checks to and from alicante airport without any delays , unlike they have been reported at other european airports. 

when i say security checks , i mean a glance at passport from a distance from security as you walk past. that was entering alicante airport. 

on return journey, my passport wasnt even looked at.(even though a few100 miles away barcelona and cambrilis incident had just taken place a few hrs earlier)

i do like going through security checks to and from alicante airport without any delays , unlike they have been reported at other european airports. 
when i say security checks , i mean a glance at passport from a distance from security as you walk past. that was entering alicante airport. 
on return journey, my passport wasnt even looked at.(even though a few100 miles away barcelona and cambrilis incident had just taken place a few hrs earlier)

Not sure I could count that as a 'like'. I kinda want every passport to be checked by 5 different people and a dog if they are heading this way

• Like 3

yeah, would have been more reasuring if it had been checked correctly. was expecting long delays. on way home boarding pass and passport was handed over to airline staff who just scanned the boarding pass then handed both back. there was a border control guy there and he looked like he was randomly picking out passengers to check passports.

• Like 1

I do like finding that the local Foray dealership parts desk was surprisingly cheaper than online. :smile: Having decided to do a timing belt change whilst i was upgrading the alternator, I found myself in need of a new crankshaft bolt, whilst not significantly cheaper, it was £6.18: compared to online £8.86

I also like that this Sunday, Pipper and I will be volunteering for Margaret Green Animal Rescue, at the Springhead (pub) of Sutton Poyntz (near Weymouth) for the pub's annual  "Dog, Sausage and Cider Festival"!  :smile:

https://thespringhead.co.uk/2017/07/31/dog-sausage-cider/

• Like 2

I like that after popping into my local dealership to discuss financial options for the end of my 3 year scheme (end april 18) I have been tempted to chop in early for another new ST.
Trade-in plus positive equity due to what is left on finance was favourable (£2500 back plus 0% interest & no deposit required) was to my liking.
Therefore my current BeaST will be swapped for a spanky new ST3 with reversing camera, Sync3 nav with premium Sony sound system / sub sometime in October.
Seeing as I haven't noticed any in black I have chosen that colour as the option software showed it as looking nice and moody with the DRL's on.

• Like 4

20170823_214902.png

How in the name of all that is holy did you manage 0% finance? Teach, impart, I am ready to learn!

• Like 1

20170823_214902.png

How in the name of all that is holy did you manage 0% finance? Teach, impart, I am ready to learn!

• Like 1

You do on focus at the moment. Even on 3yr deals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

You do on focus at the moment. Even on 3yr deals

Yep, they're (Ford) seem pretty keen to really shift as many of these cars as possible, even more so with the new scrappage scheme. 

• Like 1

I think it's because of the fact that there won't be any new ones built next year in preparation of the mk4 being rolled out in 2018.
If anyone wants a diesel ST then there are loads in stock, petrol ST are only built to order now.

• Like 1

I would dearly love a diesel St but my insurance company might just get the lubricant out and bend me over.

At 30 years old with 3 years ncb, I'm paying over £800 a year for my 1.6 diesel mk3...

You may be surprised.

• Like 1

You may be surprised.

I doubt it but I'll run some quotes tonight for shizz and gigzz =)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club