Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Post when you find it!

I've not been on here in a while now as I'm trying to detox from being online and concentrate more on family life and work.

Some of you may not even recognize or know me 😅 but i just had to come back online following a car accident last week.

I really do like having a dash cam system fitted, I've created a Guide on fitting around three years ago and I've never gotten much use out of the system but it has definitely paid for itself last weekend.

A driver of a 7 seater vehicle stopped on a country road then reversed in to me at speed without any reverse light.

Thankfully I was able to provide the insurance company with full HD video which shows me stopped 5 metres behind there vehicle and the front of there vehicle dipps down as they start to reverse.

Thanks to the video I have saved myself receiving 7 unlawful personal injury claims aswell as a repair bill for vehicle damage,

Instead there is a bill being processed for my vehicle damage, there was 5 of us in the car and I still dream of the incident waking up with a jump; just before the vehicle hits my car but thankfully no physical injuries.

Overall I love love absolutely love my dashcam 😍😍😍

Unfortunately I can't share the footage as it's now criminal evidence and also decimation of character but here's a similar incident happens me a few weeks previous at a McDonalds drive-tru 😁 forgot somthing and tried to literally "go back for it" 

https://youtu.be/eLLGq4PpVh8

• Like 2

I wouldn't be with out mine glad to here your all fine

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I wouldn't be with out mine glad to here your all fine

Thanks mate 👍

Glad all ok n yeh they do pay off mate, wtf  they reversing into you at high speed for? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Glad all ok n yeh they do pay off mate, wtf  they reversing into you at high speed for? 

To try say I went in to the back of em and get personal injury compensation 

Ohhh one of those dodgy people glad you ok mate hope not much damage to car

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

Ohhh one of those dodgy people glad you ok mate hope not much damage to car

Front lower grill is cracked, metal pressed reg plate is all buckled, scratches on bumper and clips broken, body shop says two days repair, I knew I had it all on camera and the family were ok, so the whole time I was singing this tune in my head, but still get the reoccurring dream of it 

• Like 1

😂😂😂 and tbh mate don't matter what damage is asking as people ok cars can replace, 

• Like 1

Wow! What a 'Richard'! 😱

Glad you're OK Lenny and you've got dashcam footage to prove your innocence. Perhaps you should put in 5 claims for whiplash and serious mental trauma! 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Wow! What a 'Richard'! 😱

Glad you're OK Lenny and you've got dashcam footage to prove your innocence. Perhaps you should put in 5 claims for whiplash and serious mental trauma! 😁

giphy.gif.d0c419324b10daf45dbd4139dd62b5cf.gif

• Like 2

I do like volunteering all day with Margaret Green Animal Rescue at the Springhead dog, sausage and cider festival in Sutton Poyntz, we raised a little over £1K for the rescue:smile:  Pipper spent of most the day curled up under our display and greeting fellow dogs.

Glad you're OK Lenny

• Like 1

An eventful return to forums! Glad nobody hurt (though pity no one in the 7 seater was).  Been itching to get a dash cam and now you've given me the kick up the arsenal I need.

Edit, thanks, autocorrect for not triggering the profanity filter =)

Wow @Lenny that's not good to hear at all, although it is good to see you back. Be careful though, you'll get sucked back in before you know it lol. I hope your sleep improves quickly.

Out of interest, did you let on to the tool driving the 7 seater that you had a camera? I have a camera, I've had one for about 4 years now and luckily I've never had to use it in the event of an accident that I have been involved in, I have submitted footage as evidence when I witnessed an accident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lucky you [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, CyprusPluto said:

Sunny days now I'm retired

Do you live in Cyprus? Mate of mine owns a flat in Paphos which we're tempted to go to sometime. 

Lovely place.
I go there for my annual holiday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

Do you live in Cyprus? Mate of mine owns a flat in Paphos which we're tempted to go to sometime. 

I'm afraid not. I live in Scotland, which means every sunny day is far more important and noticeable than it would be to a resident of Cyprus. We went to Cyprus (Larnaca) many years ago and the temps were well into the 100's and constantly sunny. Sounds lovely and being a dry heat is not as stifling, but I'm not sure I would be able to cope with that when I get very old.

I have seen the sun a least a dozen times since moving to Ayrshire and I've only been here 3 years :laugh:

• Like 2

Great to have you back Lenny your comments always entertain me and your threads are so detailed. Hope Mrs Lenny and the brood are ok after your close encounter of the third kind (the Neanderthal kind that is)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

• Like 2

See my comment in the I don't like thread which led me to buy this

IMG_2480.JPG

I really don't understand how a longer 7.5m hose a new gun and an adapter can be half the price of just a replacement 4m hose. Madness

• Like 2

See my comment in the I don't like thread which led me to buy this

IMG_2480.thumb.JPG.6df9ca01e7fd866169033a9dcf32294d.JPG

I really don't understand how a longer 7.5m hose a new gun and an adapter can be half the price of just a replacement 4m hose. Madness

how much was it? i ended up ordering a new hose only on eBay for my nilfisk last night.

11 hours ago, CyprusPluto said:

I'm afraid not. I live in Scotland, 

I have seen the sun a least a dozen times since moving to Ayrshire and I've only been here 3 years :laugh:

😁 Living in Orkney I know exactly what you mean, although to be fair we've had a pretty decent summer 😎

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Turvey said:

😁 Living in Orkney I know exactly what you mean, although to be fair we've had a pretty decent summer 😎

I was in Orkney about 3 years ago, beautiful place, although I wasn't there long.

I lived on Shetland for 5 years and I believe last month, Lerwick was the sunniest place in the UK. Vastly different to July 2013 when most of the UK basked in a sunny heatwave; the warm air met the cold North sea and the islands were shrouded in haar (sea fogs). We had our foggiest month ever - 23 days! Still, if I could I go back tomorrow :smile:

• Like 1