Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

laumk7

Things I Do Like

5,015 posts in this topic

Nooooooooooo ken. IS300H defo no no. Not a patch on your IS250 except in looks.

Lenny likes this

Interesting, I was watching reviews and they say it is much better in terms of quality and the quietness. I am looking at the facelift of my is250 though with less mileage and the new headlights.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Lenny likes this

If you really want an IS300H then make sure you take it for a damn good test drive. Over all different road surface. Mind your head on the grab handle above the door. And do your damned best to ignore the engines high revs staying there when you floor it coz of the CVT.

If you really want an IS300H then make sure you take it for a damn good test drive. Over all different road surface. Mind your head on the grab handle above the door. And do your damned best to ignore the engines high revs staying there when you floor it coz of the CVT.

I have had a short test drive and the CVT did not drive me too crazy, the is250 is the same to be fair and I have learnt to drive it. If I want to go fast I use sport the paddle shifters.

I find the steering on the 200 incredibly light and neutral, there is absolutely no feedback through the wheel and higher speeds it feels twitchy and skittish. I do like it's looks, for an old girl she fits in well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find the steering on the 200 incredibly light and neutral, there is absolutely no feedback through the wheel and higher speeds it feels twitchy and skittish. I do like it's looks, for an old girl she fits in well.

This why I like the Lexus smooth steering and very light. Do not get my wrong I used to have a 3 series but for some reason u like this. Maybe am lazy

This why I like the Lexus smooth steering and very light. Do not get my wrong I used to have a 3 series but for some reason u like this. Maybe am lazy

Jonro2009 likes this

Lexus popular over here in usa, more popular it appears than fords except for the f150 pick up trucks from what I've seen while driving . All the Jap brands do well here too.

In essence the IS300H is a good car but it would be a Great car if it had a proper auto box. A turbo and more compliant suspension and if it was a plug in hybrid too then it'd probably be the best car in the world.

Incontro likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 1:44 PM, tazzman600 said:

Well seeing you've already convinced me not to go for IS300H, I'll ask you another one Mister wise man... :wink:

Any reason not to go for a Merc C180 (facelift W204)?

Well seeing you've already convinced me not to go for IS300H, I'll ask you another one Mister wise man... wink.png
Any reason not to go for a Merc C180 (facelift W204)?

Yeah it's a merc. If you think Lexus driving gives no feedback then a merc is zero. I will take an Audi or f30 3 series over a merc.

Newer Merc's generally have better steering feel than the equivalent Audis, so I've heard. But none of them will exactly set the world alight with feel. BMW probably is best for driver involvement.

I've driven a c class coupe and thought that I felt more involved in the ride when I was a passenger, zero feedback through the wheel. And the engine, a Kompressor lacked any real conviction. I've also been unfortunate enough to have one of the ML range vehicles thrust upon me as a courtesy car for a fortnight following an RTC. It was very comfy and had lots of gadgets and buttons/dials to press/turn. The steering was underwhelming but the worse thing was the ride itself, I just seemed to be inside a giant marshmallow. It felt wallowy through the bends and setting off I thought I was going to get thrown out the back the way it lunges forwards and hunkers down regardless of what the speed was.

I can't comment on a merc as I've never owned or driven one.
I did own an IS300H hence my honest comments.

I quite like that after a 202 mile round trip to the classic bike show at Stafford and driving my car at let's say various speeds that my trip computer says I averaged 32.8mpg. And yes I floored it numerous times lol