Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Racing Stripes for the Mk7?

ChrisZetecS

Hi, as you can all probably tell I'm very new to this forum, but over the last 2 days or so have enojyed lookin around at all your advice, opions, and pictures of the new Fiesta in particular.

I'm posting this to ask what you all think of racing stripes on the new Fiesta.

Mine is a Zetec S in moondust Silver and when I got it way back in December, the salesman suggested adding viper stripes from the previous shape ST in Sea Grey metallic. I decided against it, as I thought it would look too much on a car that's already quite bold.

More recently I've seen unofficial pictures of a proposed RS version of the new Fiesta featuring viper stripes that are not as wide as the ones on the previous ST, and liked the look of them as they're more subtle than the wider ones of the old ST

sglg9i.jpg

Yesterday, I come across a Fiesta listed on a foreign autotrader website that had copied the design of these stripes on a real car.

Here is the link to the ad, and some pictures to save time on clicking the link

nogena.jpg

29lxyl3.jpg

Anyway, so the point im getting at is this, do you think I should get some similar stripes put on my car in Sea Grey Metallic (graphite for those unfamiliar with the colour) by the company that does all the decals for my local Ford dealer, or leave the car as it is?

racing-stripes-focus-3.jpg

I'd steer clear, your base colour doesn't really lend to the viper stripes imo

An offset double pin stripe would look more classy on yours imo

18038_18748.jpg

Kinda like this but on the other side and two thin lines, and all the way to the defuser, the way it stops at the edge of the bumper on the pic above really grates on me

I think it would look great with tone on tone viper stripes! Dont think it would look good if they were red for example, but i have a soft spot for tone on tone :)

I keep thinking about this too for when I finaly get my car - not sure what colour would work on the Squeeze colour tho - any suggestion?

I keep thinking about this too for when I finaly get my car - not sure what colour would work on the Squeeze colour tho - any suggestion?

A darker metallic green would be hot :)

Anyone good with photoshop able to 'convert' the official Fiesta ST into a squeeze green one with 'darker metallic green' stipes?

have they made an ST on the mk7? Am I REALLY behind?!

No, I was talking about the pics at the start of this thread. Don't panic . . . .

Just for clarity - the blue car shown at beginning is of a supposed Fiesta RS - it's actually just a dressed up standard mk7 with stripes as far as I can tell. I think that pic has been around since the Verve concept appeared, and since before the RS and ST were shelved. I hope that any actual RS or ST looks less like the standard car!

The 'ST' shown in the second two pics is a mongrel I think. As far as I'm aware, no ST has been produced for any market. If it's a genuine car - why on earth have Ford made it without front fogs and with the black headlight inserts? I think it's a Zetec with a dress-up kit personally. ST badge is only a fiver from eBay, easily stuck on!

Hmmm, just looked at the ad. Of course the New Zealand spec cars will be different to ours anyway - but it seems this car has be 'ST'd' by the dealer selling it. I also notice it's a 5 door.

Yeah cos that car has cruise control (titanium) but not climate control and the front spoiler from lower model cars without the front fogs. Somehow doubt that if Ford did ever make the ST that it would at least be based on the Zetec S, and look very similar, like the Mk 6 was.

Oh and if you go to the officiual Ford New Zealand site there is no mention of an ST so does indeed look like a dealer created special missing the main part - extra power

So no one up for a little photoshop work on that blue RS and make it a squeeze green on with darker metallic green stripes?

That black car looks like a messed up "dealer special" to me. Personally, I wouldnt bother with stripes on a silver car. They do look god on that Fiesta RS photoshop though.

That black car looks like a messed up "dealer special" to me. Personally, I wouldnt bother with stripes on a silver car. They do look god on that Fiesta RS photoshop though.

Yours would look good with just the silver stripes on it Zetec-X

Anyone good with photoshop able to 'convert' the official Fiesta ST into a squeeze green one with 'darker metallic green' stipes?

best i could do, but i was using paint so i have an excuse lol

gallery_6648_121_24510.jpg

Yours would look good with just the silver stripes on it Zetec-X

it might, but i would never consider it. i think looks a bit tacky.

it might, but i would never consider it. i think looks a bit tacky.

Agreed, think it ruins the lines of the car! But then I'm not a fan of decals in general. Each to their own.

best i could do, but i was using paint so i have an excuse lol

gallery_6648_121_24510.jpg

Thanks for the effort there Zetec-X

squeeze.jpg

I'm not an expert with photoshop. Best I can do, Bit dark green I think.

well you are better at it than I am Jack - thanks for doing it

The squeeze is a very hard colour to match! And I can't do the stripes to save my life!

gallery_6631_129_21969.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club