Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Run It In To The Ground Or Change?

Torque

Wifeys Ka (click signature) is close on 50,000 miles has a nasty stone ding in the bonnet about 15mm long, front nearside wheel needs refurbing where shes kerbed it and it has the infamous handbrake rattle (all the other rattles I've managed to cure). It has FSH (independent) and 6 months MOT anyway, to the question. I've started looking around for cars for her to change to but, and here is the difficulty, she loves the Ka, it's diesel, good amount of torque, good to drive, reasonable spec being a Titanium, easy to park so I'm judging opinion on whether we run it in to the ground or trade it - been offered £4250 for it by 2 seperate dealers (one Hyundai and one FIAT) recently which, when I look around isn't bad.

Personally I wouldn't run it into the ground as it could cost you a lot more in the long run. Will most likely work out cheaper trading in and starting a fresh.

if you have something in mind to change it to then go for it. good price for the age i recon but dont change for the sake of change but as you said it's starting to get the odd rattle and it only gets worse.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly guys, glad I'm not alone, thanks :) Why is it when you want a woman to manage something she doesn't, where cars are concerned my Mrs just says "I'll go with whatever you say" ......... I suppose it's so as she can blame me if anything goes wrong with it :lol:

• Like 1

I no that feeling lol! Then where always the bad guy when it does go wrong.

The question is how much you want to do with it. Working on it yourself keeps costing down so yes it's worth that, refurbish alloys is cheap and the bonnet can be replaced for dirt cheap in Comparison but I don't know of this rattle I'm sure that could be fixed too....

500 quid cars get run into the ground. 4k ones is madness to even consider it.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club