Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice On Hids For St3

CREED

Night Breakers will be brighter :)

Night Breakers will be brighter :)

Yeh I think so too, have to see if the cool blue colour wins me over.... :)

I just got a new set of 55w 6000k from car-mod-shop and i think they're really bright, crisp white. I'm very pleased. I'd recommend them.

post-41109-142594646665_thumb.jpg

post-41109-142594647583_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

I just got a new set of 55w 6000k from car-mod-shop and i think they're really bright, crisp white. I'm very pleased. I'd recommend them.

Looking good, I can't wait to get mine in :D

Well, the 6000K HIDs are in! It was very fiddly to get the bulbs in as mine are twist to release.. I had to snip the metal holding plates to then fit the bulb in and then twist and hold the new HID bulb in place, but other than that, I can't really complain..

However, they work, they are nice and bright, and hopefully this picture will work!

post-61429-0-08869400-1426099985_thumb.j

• Like 3

Well, the 6000K HIDs are in! It was very fiddly to get the bulbs in as mine are twist to release.. I had to snip the metal holding plates to then fit the bulb in and then twist and hold the new HID bulb in place, but other than that, I can't really complain..

However, they work, they are nice and bright, and hopefully this picture will work!

Will look even better at dusk/night time. I've got a 6000K installed, and does look nice on Frozen White >_>

Yeah, I'm looking forward to going and having a look later on - or tomorrow, there's no rush! But definitely a good upgrade over standard bulbs and they will last ages! LED sidelights installed too to match.

I've fitted all LEDs inside too, Footwells, boot, reading lights and interior lights.

• Like 1

Ordered my HID's today! 35w 6000k couldn't resist after seeing the result on here! Got the ones off aliexpress so hopefully they are good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

Ordered my HID's today! 35w 6000k couldn't resist after seeing the result on here! Got the ones off aliexpress so hopefully they are good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I don't have previous experience with them, but I'm chuffed. Surprisingly quick delivery, despite the distance, well packaged, nothing faulty and in working order! But yes, it's got to be LEDs everywhere once you start that! LED reversing lights are also fantastic additions; if anyone is interested, here is the link for the ones I bought.

• Like 1

Main beam bulbs arrived to day so hopefully the HIDs will get here tomorrow, finger crossed I really want to get them in. Got some LEDs in the interior footwells already but I think I'll expand and do everything else :D

Glad to see you guys are making such great progress and that your install went well Matthew :)

• Like 1

Main beam bulbs arrived to day so hopefully the HIDs will get here tomorrow, finger crossed I really want to get them in. Got some LEDs in the interior footwells already but I think I'll expand and do everything else :D

Glad to see you guys are making such great progress and that your install went well Matthew :)

Expand, expand, EXPAND!!! ;)

• Like 1

Thanks, mate! I can safely say the second side was a lot quicker than the first because of having to snip those bladdy metal bulb holders to get the wiring through, but everything else was a doddle afterwards!

Here is a photo of them from about an hour ago in effect :)

And an attempt at showing the LED interior lighting in my car, including my custom double LED panel roof light; I like that my footwell LEDs aren't too bright and have more of a subtle effect :)

post-61429-0-74616500-1426107645_thumb.j

post-61429-0-39925100-1426107707_thumb.j

Interior kitted with LED's

Get them peddles sorted ;)

Thanks, mate! I can safely say the second side was a lot quicker than the first because of having to snip those bladdy metal bulb holders to get the wiring through, but everything else was a doddle afterwards!

Here is a photo of them from about an hour ago in effect :)

And an attempt at showing the LED interior lighting in my car, including my custom double LED panel roof light; I like that my footwell LEDs aren't too bright and have more of a subtle effect :)

I've added some LED strips wired in to the ambient lighting circuit so they're on when you unlock the car and when driving. I really happy with them, the colour matches the ford ones in the doors so they almost look stock. Here's some pics:

post-60600-0-00821300-1426108109_thumb.j

post-60600-0-79924100-1426108131_thumb.j

• Like 3

Nice :) I tried red lighting in mine, but with having a Vision Blue car, the red didn't seem quite right in large quantities. Hence, I've tried to go for blue and white as much as possible! I'm too chicken to even think about getting my alloys painted white though...

Get them peddles sorted ;)

Cheeky... i'll get there. Also want to fit a "foot rest" too at some point ^_^

You can't have a sporty looking car without them :p

Nice :) I tried red lighting in mine, but with having a Vision Blue car, the red didn't seem quite right in large quantities. Hence, I've tried to go for blue and white as much as possible! I'm too chicken to even think about getting my alloys painted white though...

I think it goes pretty well because the ST logos and ford ambient stuff is all red. Its actually quite a nice contrast from the body colour, plus red isn't too dazzling to drive with. The blue seems to have worked out just as well for you though.

Got to man up with the alloys :P

post-60600-0-87913100-1426110756_thumb.j

EDIT:

I do feel that the peddles give at least an extra 20bhp :D

• Like 1

Talking about pedal covers, are these just clips-ons? As I don't see any fixing screws/brackets?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_alluminium_pedal_pad_kit_f_1534068_c_1102.htm

They're caps, they are moulded to fit snugly over the top of the existing pedals without needing screws, you can see better what I mean here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-MK7-8-Aluminium-Effect-Alloy-Foot-Pedal-Covers-2008-2014-/281319224776

Or you get some 2014 ST ones, the mounting solution isn't as clever granted but I think they look better. I am biased there though I guess haha

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-FORD-FIESTA-PEDAL-COVERS-2012-ONWARD-MK-7-8/331336922713?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140328180637%26meid%3Dedb3ae9b9e3241b18bf5cecf234812ad%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D281319224776

• Like 1

I think it goes pretty well because the ST logos and ford ambient stuff is all red. Its actually quite a nice contrast from the body colour, plus red isn't too dazzling to drive with. The blue seems to have worked out just as well for you though.

Got to man up with the alloys :P

attachicon.gifSAM_1742.jpg

EDIT:

I do feel that the peddles give at least an extra 20bhp :D

Aha, I know. I'm sure if I do that, plus get the interior plastics sprayed in white too, the car would, aesthetically, get no better for me! But, that stuff costs money, unfortunately! But yeah, I just like having the white / blue combination. I also want to get this, but I can't find anything on the web about installing it...

They're caps, they are moulded to fit snugly over the top of the existing pedals without needing screws, you can see better what I mean here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-MK7-8-Aluminium-Effect-Alloy-Foot-Pedal-Covers-2008-2014-/281319224776

Or you get some 2014 ST ones, the mounting solution isn't as clever granted but I think they look better. I am biased there though I guess haha

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-FORD-FIESTA-PEDAL-COVERS-2012-ONWARD-MK-7-8/331336922713?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140328180637%26meid%3Dedb3ae9b9e3241b18bf5cecf234812ad%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D281319224776

I did check Google images. But all I could find were birdeye images or the sides, nothing showing the bottom/underneaths.

Thanks for that.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club