• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tim ST170

Tim ST170

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: 04 Focus ST170
Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

Recently upgraded from a 1.6 zetec focus to an ST170, and already the ST170 is giving me problems.

It appears to have a slight water leak from the thermostat housing, and also going from the oil and water temp gauges, the thermostat seems to be stuck open.

How easy is it to change the thermostat on these? There's no haynes manual but is it the same proceedure as on a standard 2.0 engine (as covered in the haynes). I'm aware theres a common fault where an o-ring goes on the 'stat housing causing the small water leak... anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 clarkost170

clarkost170

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: st170 '02
Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

Recently upgraded from a 1.6 zetec focus to an ST170, and already the ST170 is giving me problems.

It appears to have a slight water leak from the thermostat housing, and also going from the oil and water temp gauges, the thermostat seems to be stuck open.

How easy is it to change the thermostat on these? There's no haynes manual but is it the same proceedure as on a standard 2.0 engine (as covered in the haynes). I'm aware theres a common fault where an o-ring goes on the 'stat housing causing the small water leak... anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

yep ive got the same prob, its common, ive changed the o ring, and it doesnt leak now, you'll need some nmore coolent as it will empty quickly with the plug off but its an easy fix.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users