Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Go To Place For Car Audio?

TomGB

Don't have a budget really, maybe around £500-600 tops at the moment. I'm just looking for speakers with excellent clarity and detail.

That budget is just for Speakers or combo of Speakers and amplifier? That would definitely cover a pair of component Speakers and a 4 channel amplifier.

From my humble experience with my Focal set, they offer excellent detail and the soundstage is a lot wider than other speakers I have had in the past. Granted they were not that expensive from Pioneer and Vibe. Focal uses the inverted dome tweeters and after having heard them for cars and in the home audio setting, it definitely does make a difference to my ears. Also, the high end is very clear and not muddy at all. The frequency response is fairly flat and on the car headunit, it requires very little tweaking of the eq i.e it's very easy to make it sound good.

Check out the Focal range of speakers and if you are interested, read up a bit about the company. They have a pretty cool history and still make speakers by hand in this day and age.

• Like 2

The budget i

That budget is just for speakers or combo of speakers and amplifier? That would definitely cover a pair of component speakers and a 4 channel amplifier.

From my humble experience with my Focal set, they offer excellent detail and the soundstage is a lot wider than other speakers I have had in the past. Granted they were not that expensive from Pioneer and Vibe. Focal uses the inverted dome tweeters and after having heard them for cars and in the home audio setting, it definitely does make a difference to my ears. Also, the high end is very clear and not muddy at all. The frequency response is fairly flat and on the car headunit, it requires very little tweaking of the eq i.e it's very easy to make it sound good.

Check out the Focal range of speakers and if you are interested, read up a bit about the company. They have a pretty cool history and still make speakers by hand in this day and age.

The budget is for the complete sound system. Thanks for the info on focal i'll give a read into them as well.

• Like 2

On the budget front, if you don't wanna spend a huge chunk at one go, consider doing it in stages. That's what I did. I changed the front Speakers first and powered them with 1 amp. Then added a sub, still powered by the same amp. Next step was a new headunit. Then, I upgraded the sub and powered it with a dedicated mono amp. After that upgraded the front Speakers to the Focal and moved the Vibe to the rear for light fill. Last step was to get a more powerful amp to get the most of the Focals. Along the way, the doors were sound deadened with Silent Coat.

You don't need to do all of the above of course and it depends on how far you want to push it as it does become an expensive hobby. But, if like me you spend a fair bit of time driving and every time I put the music on, there's a big smile on my face, then go for it. The sky is the limit for car audio

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club