Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are These Any Good? Aircon Tools

sonic113

Just adding to the toolbox and was looking at air con tools. Came acoss these things and want to know are they handy to have in the tool box? has anybody used these and are they any good? (link below s just an example :) ) can the gauges be used to see of aircon gas is low before going to a garage for a refill?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Conditioning-recharge-Freeze-Reusable-Trigger/dp/B00LC1K6FU/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1425172870&sr=1-1&keywords=air+conditioning+recharge+kit

Waste of time you'll know when the gas is low as it wont switch on the recharge kits are rubbish the system needs the moisture removed and oil added which these kits don't do add to that a proper refill at a garage is £35

• Like 1

dont bother .waste of £50 , if you need air con regassing then theres a leak that need fixing, just putting more gas in wont fix anything, just increases global warming, cant believe companies are alowwed to sell these, the gas can be so danderous to personal inury.

all users of comercial air con equipment have by law to be qualified to handle air con gas and are liable to heavy fines if found not using personal protective equipment, ( correct gloves , goggles ) and and not following procedures correctly

allsorts of rules and regulations to follow.

• Like 1

If you know any fridge engineers you could get them to service your aircon as a guvvy, but its just as cheap goint to a garage as mentioned.

As also mentioned its ok having the correct tools, gas and kits etc (which that in the link is not) you then need to know what you are doing.

I use to watch the service fridge engineer when he came to a factory was an engineer at to pick up hints and tips, yes you can pick up a general view of what they do but its a little more than that really so did not really have time to get in to it.

The fridge engineer is a pal of mine and even he says use your garage as its just as cheap. :)

I'm a refrigeration engineer (not on cars, but more or less the same)

The product on amazon wouldn't do a lot and you would just be wasting your money

If your air con stopped working and a shortage of gas was the issue, then the system should be vacuumed down to remove all air and any blockages, and then regassed weighing in the correct amount of refrigerant

The type of refrigerant also changes depending on year of manufacture, r134a in the link hasn't been used for a few years now due to environmental affects and technically you have to be qualified, as the old gas has to be recovered, weighed and disposed of properly

As others have said, go to a garage and let them sort it out if you get an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

The product on amazon wouldn't do a lot and you would just be wasting your money

If your air con stopped working and a shortage of gas was the issue, then the system should be vacuumed down to remove all air and any blockages, and then regassed weighing in the correct amount of refrigerant

The type of refrigerant also changes depending on year of manufacture, r134a in the link hasn't been used for a few years now due to environmental affects and technically you have to be qualified, as the old gas has to be recovered, weighed and disposed of properly

As others have said, go to a garage and let them sort it out if you get an issue

The product on Amazon wouldn't do a lot and you would just be wasting your money

r134a is still currently used in the motor trade , but a newer gas is soon to be common place in new vehicles

Thanks fellas for the replies. I thought as much anyhow but thought I would just check out what others thought here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club